2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Used Jeep review

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Used Jeep review
By Allen on

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 08 Jeep. I had a 98 Accord with near 200000 miles and with a family started needed something bigger and newer. I found my 08 Jeep marked down to a very affordable price and made the choice over many others cars and SUVs were were looking at. My Jeep is about as basic as they come, but I was not looking for top of the line nor could I afford it. The only thing I can saw 100% I wish I had was better fuel economy, but I knew what I was getting when I got an SUV. I think the cruise control should be back on the steering wheel, or wheel mounted radio controls should be on all models. I wish I had the roof rack. I probably wouldn't use it, but it adds to the look.

I love the look of the Jeep Grand Cherokee in and out. The interior design is great other than the cruise controls. My family and I have more than enough room. My feeling is if you want more room get a full size SUV not a midsize. It drives wonderful.

I owned a 1996 Grand Cherokee in the past. I think the 4.0 motor was a better motor than the 3.7 in them now. It needs more power, but its not a sluggish motor either. I would love to have better fuel economy also. Make the gear shift straight forward and back. I don't like the zig zag thing.