2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Very happy

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Very happy
By tim1975 on

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 08 GC coming off a lease so it had 12000 or so miles on it. We're now up to 36000 and it's been great. We bought the base of base models however so we don't have much for features. The 3.7 V6 could use 30- 40 more hp but for us it works just fine. We drove from Seattle to Disneyland and topped out at almost 25 mpg straight highway. Mostly we average 17-18 I think. I can't talk about rear space too much since I drive most times. Our girls are 4 and 6 so I haven't heard them complain of space too much yet. Cargo space isn't great but we knew that going in, but coming from a minivan we knew what to expect. My wife is much happier driving the Jeep than the Kia minivan.

The ride is better than our 00 GC Interior is logical and nice - even for a base model. Seats are comfortable for long trips. Dashboard display is well done - Base stereo is decent - xm was nice while we had it.

V6 could use more juice -