Love it, although it's far from perfect
By Kelsey on
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
My Jeep is a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 with a 3.7L V6 engine. I bought it brand new in 12/08 and got $9,000 worth of rebates and discounts. I haven't had any problems with it so far, but I have only put 4,000 miles on it. Therefore, I cannot comment too much on reliability. I will tell you, though, that many of the reliability complaints about the Grand Cherokee relate to 2005-06 models, which had many issues, indeed. However, many of these issues have been fixed for 2007. For 2008, which is the year of my Jeep, the front-end suffered a light facelift and the interior received a major improvement. Some online data show that reliability has improved dramatically with the 07 model.
Favorite Features
I do like the athletic exterior design a lot, and the interior design makes the whole interior look more solid and robust than it actually is. The front seats are comfortable and supportive. Also, this Jeep rides and handles like a sedan on the road. The transmission is very smooth and responsive.
Suggested Improvements
The V6 engine lacks power and the car gets poor gas mileage, especially when compared to other SUVs in its class. Material quality inside the cabin (i.e., plastics) could've been a bit better. The back seat is somewhat disappointing as it lacks thigh support and has little leg room.