Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

The 08 NOISE!
By Chris

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Laredo, having purchased one brand new in 98, that we now use as a third vehicle and for the kids to use. Our new one: after driving it for week, we noticed this noise coming from the back of the engine when the radio and everything was off, except the car itself. It is a very annoying noise, clicking sound. We took it back. They pulled another 08 off the lot into the service garage and had us listen to it. It had the same noise! Nothing wrong and nothing they can do about it. Probably would not have purchased an 08 had we heard this before hand. And it says 4wd, when its actually full time awd.

Nice ride and 4wd.

FIX the NOISE, and the mpg for a 6 cyl at only 19mpg on the hwy with cruise set at 65mph!!! 16 in town! POOR!!

Fun and good value, but???
By Achilles

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I agree with everyone, it is a fun vehicle, and the 4.7l v8 is a thrill! I bought 2 Rocky mountain models, both with the 4.7's. My problem has been quality and Chrysler. One door had 1/4" drop, and the instrument cluster blistered. Chrysler llc's support and dealer support are non existent. After great hassle they have had the vehicle for > 36 days, and > 6 attempts. Worst part is that they have since caused more damage than if I had hit a deer. Bottom line is it is a really fun vehicle... But quality is questionable, and support of product is non existent! Hope this helps buyers find things before purchase.

Jeep is dealing
By Cherokee lover

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was angry when they stopped making the Cherokee. I loved my '98. I thought that I could not afford a JGC and at $35K, I was right. But Jeep is hurting. You can get a $35K JGC for as little as $21K. I couldn't refuse. And this is the best made Jeep yet. Go to your dealer and "steal".

Style, ride, fulltime 4wheel drive, comfort. It has it all.

Better mileage. I really liked the I6 4.0l engine. It was unbreakable.

New Limited with Hemi
By WC

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2008 JGC limited with a HEMI. Great ride, great comfort, very luxurious. Before purchasing, I test drove, the BMW X-3 and X-5, Lincoln MKX, Hummer H-3, and the ML 320. The jeep has the best ride of all, has the most features for the money, and has real capability. I did tons of research, then test drove the jeep and it clearly has been engineered with higher quality than the past models. The Hemi is a great engine, and does use gas quite well, but I've been on the highway getting around 21 mpg. I'm told it gets better.

Ride, interior, sound system, HEMI.

Gas mileage in the city

New Limited with Hemi
By WC

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just picked up this jeep grand Cherokee limited after researching for months. Also drove the BMW X-3 and X- 5, the Lincoln MKX, Hummer H-3, MB ML320, and can honestly say the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited had the best ride of all. For the money, its the best value by far and you get real capability that can handle any ruggedness you may throw at it. The interior is extremely comfortable and inviting. Very happy so far.

Exterior chrome, athletic style, interior, sound system, comfort, ride.

Better gas mileage on the Hemi, but then again it's a Hemi.