Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

MY 2008 JGC IS GREAT!
By RON

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my JGC in Aug of 08 and have now had it 6 mos and put 14,000+ on it. The ONLY problem I have had is to replace the RF window regulator. When I picked it up it had no problems for warranty repair and none since til the regulator. Drives great and gets up 26 mpg on the hwy and 18 to 22 in town. The roof, due to the sunroof, is too low, but otherwise I love it. The only other problem: the reset for the trip computer is on the steering wheel and is too easy to accidentally hit getting in or out and you inadvertantly reset it without knowing it! Put the reset on the dash. So far, it has no rattles or odd noises. This is my 3rd Jeep and by far the best. Good acceleration.

Radio channel changer and volume controls on the steering wheel.

Put trip computer reset on dash. Too eash to accidentally reset it on steering wheel.

Better than Lexus
By TDWright

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 07 Lexus ES for the 08 Overland and have no regrets. It handles great, awesome acceleration, and solid in the snow. Interior is just as nice as the Lexus. Black exterior with chrome is a strong combination. HEMI is the way to go, but plan on 16 mpg overall. No issues with the sound system or nav.

HEMI acceleration, interior and exterior style. Rear heated seats.

Nav system not as logical as Lexus.

Our 6th Grand Cherokee
By festone

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Everything considered - this is far and away the best GC that we have ever owned. The 2004 Overland that we traded in was great - but this one really shines. The design and build quality seem far superior than previous years. The engine - although thirsty at almost all speeds - is responsive and relatively quiet for its size. We had 34" of snow during December and the Jeep navigated the hills and drifts with ease. Far better in fact than our Wrangler. The MyGig Nav system / audio is great.

MyGig Nav, HID headlights, styling

More padding in the rear seats. Better gas mileage.

This Jeep is the best ever
By Car Lover

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had 2 jeeps before this (2004 overland and 2004 limited.) I must say if your looking for vehicles in this class, you have to get this one. It's really nice (wood, wooden steering wheel, leather, and much more. the fastest I've had this SUV up to is 140mph (actual speed) and this car has no governor. In all the Jeeps I've had I have never had one break down.

I love the powerful 5.7L HEMI engine, does great in snow and ice, does great off- road

None!!!

First Time Jeep Owner and Loving It!
By Ashley S.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and my first Jeep and I must say I am truly pleased so far. I've had it almost 3 weeks now and it is exactly what I was looking for. It drives smooth, has good pickup, and has some really great features. I got one with 16k mileage with the Xpackage for an awesome deal! I saw on some of the other models that people left reviews for that they had a problem with water leaking, I drove mine in torrential downpour last night with no problem. I looked at many different kinds of SUV's before choosing this one and I am fully satisfied with my choice. Comfortable, roomy, fun to drive, and an overall great SUV.

Steering wheel controls, mine came with remote start which is a great feature to have, heated seats, overall interior appearance is very nice, computer personal programming, satellite radio, so many to name!

Of course every SUV could use better gas mileage. It says 15 highway on my window sticker, I've been getting around 16.5 mpg, not too bad, but some SUV's get around 20. Locking gas cap would be better too. Other than that can't think of any complaints, great SUV for your buy!