2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Jeep GC 08 Ltd Hemi RWD
By Dana Jeeper on 06/20/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Jeep GC.. had a 04 GC Ltd and loved it. This vehicle is definitely heavier and I felt the Hemi would help. It's got all the power and luxury I wanted plus the upgraded touch screen nav (I had the old one on my 04), Haven't actually used the myGIG feature yet. Love the looks, fun to drive. Gas mileage sucks but that's the trade off. Good pricing for all the features of a luxury vehicle.

JGC Limited Fan
By Jeep Fan Again on 06/08/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking at all non-American made vehicles as my next car. All these cars came with a premium for this luxury I was looking for in my next car. I decided to go with the JGC Limited because it met all my needs with out the premium price. After have driven this for three weeks, it was the best choice I could have made to stay with Chrysler! It has all the toys and buttons I was looking for in my next vehicle. The only real thing I would like to see improved is the gas mileage in city and highway. I am proud to still be driving American again, which completely surprised me! You will not go wrong if you consider this vehicle for price, style and toys included.

First Time & Last Time Jeep Buyer
By MMK on 06/02/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Look before you leap. If you are in the market for a fun to drive SUV, this jeep offers a smooth ride. However, for the $45k plus, you are better off with choosing a luxury model, so you have something to show for it. While they claim, the seats are leather, they feel and smell like plastic or as some marketing genius dubbed it, leatherette. The backseat is so stiff that you can barely make it around the block without a backache. Same for front seats, no lumbar! Engine revs a lot, between shifting and no one needs to remind you how often you will be handing the gas attendant $50+ to fill er up. I'm stuck in a lease, but the good news, I can just hand the keys over and say so long.

9th Jeep!
By Jim on 05/27/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm glad to be back in a Jeep! I have been driving them since my first car purchase at 18 years old (I'm 40). I was given a GMC Envoy from my last employer and have been Jeepless for the last 4 years! The GMC was great but didn't compare to my new 08 Hemi Overland JGC. It drives and preforms like a dream!

Worst Engine Ever
By Bimo28 on 05/08/08 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Jeep Grand Cherokee. 1st and 2nd were Laredos with the 4.0L 6cyl engine. Jeeps 3 and 4 were fully loaded Limiteds with the 4.7L V-8's. These limiteds were great with lots of power and torque and fun to drive. Without doing much research I decided to get the 6cyl 3.7L in my fully loaded Laredo. Since I no longer had to tow, I thought I'd save some money and get better fuel economy. BIG MISTAKE. This has got to be the weakest engine in its class and because it has to work so hard to keep this relatively heavy vehicle moving the gas mileage is bad too. I get about 1.5 mpg better than the v-8 and at highway speeds the mileage is actually worse than the V-8.Get the V- 8!

Jeep GC Overland
By casey24 on 05/01/08 08:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned 1 wrangler,leased 3 GC's and 2 Libertys. I bought the Jeep Overland after comparing it with Land Rover, Benz and Audi. I was so impressed with Jeep's exterior,interior and price. I am a loyal Jeep guy and thought about the Land Rover, but the price was not worth the value. I love this truck and I am glad I stuck with Jeep. It is a head turner, very comfortable and the power is unreal. Every morning I look forward to driving to work because of the luxury and sound system and the ride. I know there is a new design out in 2011, but it will have to be drastic to get me out of this one.

Nice!
By thekidd.... on 04/29/08 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have the Laredo 4x4 with the 3.7 v6.it is a very good family vehicle.the rear entertainment system is great.no problem going on vacation with it. the engine is decently powerful and has OK acceleration loaded, i wish it felt more powerful or i should of got 4.7 but the 3.7 is good enough.watch your fuel economy because it goes down very fast if u have a heavy foot. i wish it had more oomph at 40 mph but this jeep engine is for better fuel economy.

Great Mid Size SUV
By JJIgga3000 on 04/28/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've Owned and driven many types of SUV's, from the Ford Expedition, and Explorer, Suburban, Dodge Durango, which I've all owned. To the Hummer, Cayanne, Range Rover, which my friends own. I'm very impressed, with Jeep Grand Cherokee, it has a very sturdy, yet comfortable, luxurious drive. The layout of the controls, and room and the car are great. If you are thinking of mid size suv to get. I highly suggest this one. One thing that might help you over the top is the fact that this is the Suv choice of many millionaires.

A smooth, comfortable and delightful SUV
By insmanblue on 04/24/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

One of the things that really sticks out is how quite and smooth the vehicle is. It's almost like riding in my Acura TL. There is no squeaks or rattles unlike my TL. The GC has many techy things like backup camera, auto dimming headlights and auto wipers that I think are great. I like the new HID lights that really light up the road and adjust automatically depending on road/load conditions. Build quality overall is an 9 overall. Some door panels do not line up. Also the drivers seat bottom needs to be replaced because of a pucker in the leather.

2008 Jeep Laredo
By Tom J on 04/23/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had been dedicated to Japanese cars based on too many bad experiences with American cars. I wanted to buy American, and gave Jeep a chance based primarily on their warranty. It was a great decision. I absolutely love this car. Jeep used quality materials throughout the car, giving it a solid feel. It rides nice, and is great in the bad weather we can get in the Chicago area. The acceleration on the 6 cylinder is good, with the mileage being what I expected. I shopped for quite a while before buying this car, and looked at just about every small and mid size SUV on the market. If I had to do it all over again, I would make the same decision.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.