7 months later
By turbanski on
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Previous review posted on 1/30/08. I just want to update my review of this vehicle for potential purchasers. My original review noted MPG at 14. It has since improved to 17+ MPG which is acceptable to me. I have the Laredo with 4.7 V8 not the Limited. (No listing for Laredo V8). Laredo V8's are hard to find, most are 3.7 V6's. Get the 4.7 V8 if you can find one. Good value and performance for $34K with "E" package minus discounts and rebates. "E" package includes remote start, heated seats,adjustable pedals. 115V outlet, Boston Acoustics stereo and more.
Favorite Features
Performance of 4.7 V8 at all speeds and better gas mileage than Hemi. Remote start and heated seats in winter. All weather traction of this 4x4 is superb. Better than my 05 Chrysler Pacifica AWD which was excellent. Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo handles like a sports car and is fun to drive anywhere.
Suggested Improvements
Delete previous mention of gas mileage. It is now at 17 MPG and improving. Because of this I raised the fuel economy rating from 7 to 8. I still think the location/design of the interior door handles could be improved. I hope this review is helpful to someone considering buying or leasing a JGC.