Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Good Jeep
By Mr. Myron

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 1 year ago and have had no major problems. Information system is excellent. The hard drive option is excellent for music, I have 1600 songs saved. I've averaged around 16-17 mpg in the city and 18-21MPG on hwy for the 4.7L V8. Bluetooth for the phone is excellent, heated seats front and rear are great. Only option I don't have is rear DVD player. Only issue is sometimes the navigation/radio will freeze up. Shutting the car off and back on solves the problem. I can count on 1 hand how many times its happened, and I've driven it 22,000 miles. Steering wheel radio controls are great and rear view camera helps immensely in parking. Great in towing & snow. No maintenance

Touch screen Navigation/information center, rear view parking camera, towing ability, rear outlet/plug for charging computer

More compartments in rear for storage, refine screens and playing options for hard drive music, better gas mileage.

For $45 buy a luxury SUV - Buyer Beware!
By KLH

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK, I went to get my lease '08 Jeep and have regretted ditching my BMW every since. Soon after I picked up my overland the sealant on the quarter glass window started melting, took numerous calls to Leith Headquarters and Chrysler headquarters until they finally agreed to fix my Jeep. On top of that the electronic items in the car fail at any given time - including auto headlights!!! Still after all this time it malfunctions at any given time, stalls on the road while driving, speakers stop working, hard drive crashes and stalls, wipes out info stored in it, the list is endless as to what malfunctions on this Jeep!

None because nothing ever works correctly on it!

Improve customer relations and speedier service to repair NEW cars! I waited 2 months just for parts to arrive to fix my Jeep! Improve the HDD so that it doesn't crash, stall or wipe out your data stored, be able to use playlists, ipod intergration kits! Not available AT ALL with this car with nav

Best Performance SUV
By coolbreezesd

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 for a 2008. Wow they made a lot of improvements for 2008. The engine and performance is astonishing. The ride quality is pretty darn good and the over all quality is great... I had almost zero issues with my 2007. If you like speed, and want the utility of an SUV this is the one for you!

Power, Engine, Utility, Uconnect Stereo/Video/Sirius/Backseat TV

None.

Happy
By jose m.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchase our Jeep G. Cherokee after driving a J. Cherokee Classic 2000 for about 7 years. Very nice upgrade and lot of interior room compare to our old Jeep. We are very happy and so far so good in gas mileage.

Dashboard features, very easy to reach everything while driving. Lots of power for towing.

Too bad we don't have a radio tuner on the steering wheel. It's not a must have it feature but would it be nice to have it.

What a beast!
By JYSRT8

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Got rid of my 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport, (definitely not a Minnesota winter car) for SRT Jeep. Lots of fun to drive, even in the winter. Awesome acceleration, turns heads!

420 HP HEMI!!! Aggressive looks.

MyGig needs to be more reliable & user friendly

• SUV