Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

For $45 buy a luxury SUV - Buyer Beware!
By KLH

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK, I went to get my lease '08 Jeep and have regretted ditching my BMW every since. Soon after I picked up my overland the sealant on the quarter glass window started melting, took numerous calls to Leith Headquarters and Chrysler headquarters until they finally agreed to fix my Jeep. On top of that the electronic items in the car fail at any given time - including auto headlights!!! Still after all this time it malfunctions at any given time, stalls on the road while driving, speakers stop working, hard drive crashes and stalls, wipes out info stored in it, the list is endless as to what malfunctions on this Jeep!

None because nothing ever works correctly on it!

Improve customer relations and speedier service to repair NEW cars! I waited 2 months just for parts to arrive to fix my Jeep! Improve the HDD so that it doesn't crash, stall or wipe out your data stored, be able to use playlists, ipod intergration kits! Not available AT ALL with this car with nav

Best Performance SUV
By coolbreezesd

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 for a 2008. Wow they made a lot of improvements for 2008. The engine and performance is astonishing. The ride quality is pretty darn good and the over all quality is great... I had almost zero issues with my 2007. If you like speed, and want the utility of an SUV this is the one for you!

Power, Engine, Utility, Uconnect Stereo/Video/Sirius/Backseat TV

None.

Happy
By jose m.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchase our Jeep G. Cherokee after driving a J. Cherokee Classic 2000 for about 7 years. Very nice upgrade and lot of interior room compare to our old Jeep. We are very happy and so far so good in gas mileage.

Dashboard features, very easy to reach everything while driving. Lots of power for towing.

Too bad we don't have a radio tuner on the steering wheel. It's not a must have it feature but would it be nice to have it.

What a beast!
By JYSRT8

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Got rid of my 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport, (definitely not a Minnesota winter car) for SRT Jeep. Lots of fun to drive, even in the winter. Awesome acceleration, turns heads!

420 HP HEMI!!! Aggressive looks.

MyGig needs to be more reliable & user friendly

Very Nice for the Price
By Steve

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded my old car in because I needed a vehicle with a trailer hitch. I had looked at many different vehicles, and none had everything I wanted. This Jeep is perfect for me. I got a well equipped Laredo 4WD model with the Red Rock Crystal Pearl paint, and black interior. The color is awesome! It drives smooth and it has a lot of power. The build quality feels very good. I love the sun and sound package which has a power sunroof and the 6 CD and satellite upgraded radio. Overall, for the decent price, it is a great car.

Sun and Sound package, towing capability, Interior and ride comfort. The tiptronic automatic transmission is pretty cool also.

Add some more interior accents in the rear of the Laredo model. Other than that, nothing.