2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Awesome package
By fishcb on 08/31/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow am I surprised. The interior of this car is more beautiful than anything I have seen or driven, including the various Acura's, BMW's, and MB's I've had and my friend's Cayenne. The power is smooth and the fit and finish are excellent. The only thing a bimmer or Audi has that this lacks is the suede/leather on the doors..this car has plastic. So what? The saddle leather is unbelievable. The price was amazing, too, with recent incentives (MSRP $46K with option, $33K out the door!)

Fourth JGC
By Jeep-n-Ohio on 08/25/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our Fourth Jeep grand Cherokee and our second New one. I think they went the wrong direction with the design. The cargo area is now just barely large enough to take our Dog, much less some of the home improvement items I need to haul on the weekends. With just over 9000 miles we have it in the shop for the second time. It is the Laredo with the 4.7 V8, but does not run as strong as my 2000 JGC with the same V8. Seems like they detuned or adjusted things to make it hold up for the lifetime warranty. I'm still a fan, but if I have to have it in the shop again my impression of Jeep and approval will drop drastically.

Trouble Free Fun
By Coffaqcof on 08/17/08 23:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've driven cross country twice, it's my daily driver, trail rig, and family mover. My Jeep has done everything I've asked of it without a single maintenance issue to date. I've ridden trails from IL, OK, TX, NM, AZ, CO & UT, and the QDII system is hands down the best 4WD system available on the market. Front, rear, center ELSD's provide a sure-footedness I never experienced in my other 4X4's. The luxury is top shelf. Every gizmo I could want, MyGig, HID's, 4 seat warmers, nav system. All work together to provide an incredible driving experience. And it always looks sharp, aggressive, and ready to go.

Not Much Bang for your Buck
By Mills on 08/12/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second JGC, and we are not pleased with it. We had to take it back to the dealer 3 times for computer errors (had to replace main PC board), the AC does not work all the time, and the engine is so detuned that it feels like a strong V6. In addition, I hit my head all the time when getting in and out (you would think I would have learned)and I am only 5'7". I could not imagine a tall person enjoying this vehicle.

After Commander now Cherokee
By tim on 08/07/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Jeep is an excellent value for the money, compared to similar offerings from European manufacturers. It is true that the Cherokee has less space than other off-road capable SUVs, but it has a sportier design. My former Commander offered more space, but added about 500 lbs. Fuel economy is GOOD, compared to SUVs with similar powered and performance. Seats are firm and comfortable.

Love my Jeep
By BPM on 08/05/08 06:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my family's 5th Jeep and I love it! We purchased an 08 Commander in March and this rig a few days ago - by far the most comfortable Jeep I have owned or rode in. I have no preconceived notions, it isn't a BMW or MB It's a Jeep and meant to be dirty and ridden hard. It is responsive, quiet on the road, reasonable at the pump (22 MPG so far), and an overall fun experience. Not to mention I purchased on last day of July and got the $6000 factory rebate before it expired. I have found Jeep very responsive at the dealer level to customer issues in the past - far more than the company car Fords and Mercs I had been driving.

Triple the pleasure
By X2345X on 07/25/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2008 Black Jeep Cherokee Limited (4.7L V-8). Believe it or not, this is now the third Black Jeep Cherokee in our garage (both my wife and son drive 2004 models)...and overall we couldn't be more pleased with the performance, reliability and quality. I am getting 19+ MPG! The 2008 has all the "bells and whistles" (automatic high beams, automatic wipers, iPod compatible, excellent storage, GPS, chrome accents that really dress up the exterior especially of a black vehicle). My only complaint is with the narrow leg room and pedal configuration for the driver (however I am over 6' tall).

Our Grand Cherokee almost killed my wife
By Scott on 07/16/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Our Jeep Grand Cherokee had the 5.7 Hemi with the Quandra Drive II transmission. Last week the entire car was engulfed in flames and my wife and in laws were lucky to get out in time. Luckily a police officer was directly behind the car when the fire started, stating he thought that transmission fluid leaked onto the exhaust system and that cause the fire. However, what started small got aggressive real fast, entering the passenger compartment in under 90 seconds. Car was back to the dealer 9 times for the same problem, the transmission. Stay away from this vehicle. Chrysler can't fix their own product and it could have killed by wife and her parents. Never again Chrysler.

Paint
By ashley on 07/14/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep Grand Cherokee brand new. It had only 6 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. I now have had it 16 days and went to wash it for the first time and the paint starting peeling off the front bumper. I called Jeep services and they said I need to bring it in to see if it was covered under my warranty. When I bought the car it said the paint was cover for 3 years unlimited. I am just so upset! I mean how can the paint already be peeling when I haven't even made a payment.

7 months later
By turbanski on 06/26/08 07:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Previous review posted on 1/30/08. I just want to update my review of this vehicle for potential purchasers. My original review noted MPG at 14. It has since improved to 17+ MPG which is acceptable to me. I have the Laredo with 4.7 V8 not the Limited. (No listing for Laredo V8). Laredo V8's are hard to find, most are 3.7 V6's. Get the 4.7 V8 if you can find one. Good value and performance for $34K with "E" package minus discounts and rebates. "E" package includes remote start, heated seats,adjustable pedals. 115V outlet, Boston Acoustics stereo and more.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.