2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
First Time Owner: Used '08 JGC - Loredo
By Tim F. on 10/19/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought as subsitute for a FJ Cruiser. FJ is too expensive used. JGC-Loredo was in my P range - meets my wants & requirements. Bought used with ~25K mi. Would not recommend brand new purchase - too expensive. Wife likes it, good crash ratings (5/5 & 4/5). Not so good in traffic. Not driven in bad weather or long trips yet. Price can be great if used. I see lots of older JGCs on the road - leads me to believe it is a quality vehicle. OVERALL RATING: WOULD RECOMMEND. Cheap if used, good quality, fun to drive. Meets SUV and comfort expectations. See other fields for additional info.

Pleased so far.
By erider on 10/09/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a great looking Laredo entry level 4WD V6 model in August. I couldn't turn this deal down because they were offering such a bargain. It cost me the same as a new Honda Civic- a much smaller car! This car, however, is "bare bones" so to speak, with no options at all. But that's okay, I don't have a family so I don't need all that leg and cargo room and all the fancy gadgets. My Jeep, however, came with an inherent electrical problem that took the dealer two days to fix- it was the Junction Box that contained the wiring for the rear door lock that wasn't working correctly. I know I will love this vehicle for many years- it's perfect for me!

Best Value Out There for an SUV!
By Rockinroller on 10/09/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd G.C. in a couple of years. What a treat to drive! Compared to the foreign bubbles and even Ford and GM's tired designs, the Grand Cherokee has them beat, hands down. Chrysler's incentives are the best in the industry. Gas mileage is consistently in the high 'teens around town and low to mid 20s on the highway. The 6 cylinder engine has great low end torque and doesn't feel like it's straining at all, uphill or on acceleration lanes on the freeway.

Water Leaks
By Ken Hale on 10/03/08 05:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

With only 1300 miles and three trips to the dealership I have not received any satisfaction with a leak. If it rains hard I can be assured of water leaking into the drivers compartment. I'm very disappointed by the lack of interest on the part of the dealership and Chrysler on repairing this issue. There appears to be an obvious design flaw they appear unwilling to confront. Chrysler gets a zero on customer satisfaction or empathy. Despite being a Chrysler customer since 1987 I would stay away from this company. They're giving American manufactures a bad name.

Great Jeep
By Koons on 09/18/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

To date very pleased with most aspects of this vehicle. Great power for towing and the get-up to pass even while towing my boat. Backup camera is very useful as is park assist. it has a very nice ride and corners very well.

LOVE my Jeep!
By Jeep Gal in CO on 09/08/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had been looking/researching/test driving SUVs for the last year. Wanted to get out of the car & back in 4WD for the snow we get here in Colorado. Compared with Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe and a few others of similar size, price. We had bought our son an '07 GC last year, so I stopped at the dealer to look at the '08 GC's. MUCH more comfortable than Escape or Santa Fe. Have taken it off road in CO mountains and it performed great. It is my everyday drive vehicle and I am very happy. Consistently getting 18+ mpg city - haven't driven enough highway for a accurate average. For the price - with rebates & incentives - it blew the competition away! Now we are a2-Jeep family! Get one today

Loaded Jeep loaded with tons of problems
By J_nh2008 on 09/08/08 16:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Chrysler should be ASHAMED to sell this car. I have a beautiful red limited with over 5k miles on it. Since I have owned it for the past 4 months it has been back to the dealer 14 times for water leaking inside, periodically not starting, my gig, awful, it’s been replaced 10 times (no lie) and it still doesn't work. It freezes all the time and the nav gets confused and freezes, god forbid you actually need it., ESP and BAS light on all the time, brakes squeaking. Just unbelievable. It’s dressed up nice but it is a nightmare underneath. Stay far away no matter how good of a deal they give you. I guess you really do get what you pay for. Currently filing lemon law claim.

5th Jeep GC
By Dakota on 09/06/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our 5th Jeep - and it is far and away the best yet. The ride is vastly improved from the 2004 Overland that we traded in. The noise level has been dramatically reduced. Fit and finish is on a par with the Acura MDX and Toyota Sequoia that we also looked at. The GC, because of dealer incentives, was clearly the best buy. The HEMI, while powerful, is also somewhat thirsty. Mileage so far has hovered around 18 for mixed city/hwy driving.

Awesome package
By fishcb on 08/31/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow am I surprised. The interior of this car is more beautiful than anything I have seen or driven, including the various Acura's, BMW's, and MB's I've had and my friend's Cayenne. The power is smooth and the fit and finish are excellent. The only thing a bimmer or Audi has that this lacks is the suede/leather on the doors..this car has plastic. So what? The saddle leather is unbelievable. The price was amazing, too, with recent incentives (MSRP $46K with option, $33K out the door!)

Fourth JGC
By Jeep-n-Ohio on 08/25/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our Fourth Jeep grand Cherokee and our second New one. I think they went the wrong direction with the design. The cargo area is now just barely large enough to take our Dog, much less some of the home improvement items I need to haul on the weekends. With just over 9000 miles we have it in the shop for the second time. It is the Laredo with the 4.7 V8, but does not run as strong as my 2000 JGC with the same V8. Seems like they detuned or adjusted things to make it hold up for the lifetime warranty. I'm still a fan, but if I have to have it in the shop again my impression of Jeep and approval will drop drastically.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.