Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

I love it
By Amyvv

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Jeep Grand Cherokee and my 3rd Limited. I love them. I have bought other cars and suvs in between, but I always end up wanting a Jeep again. They are well built, nice looking and a great ride. I won't buy anything else again.

The heated front and rear seats along with the steering wheel radio controls

Bummer about the mpg's on the 8cyl hemi engine

Do anything, go anywhere, no problem...
By BikerAl

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love it! This is my second GC and I haven't had any problems with either of them. I'm hard on vehicles and my Jeeps take everything I dish out. Power is plentiful with the Hemi and its very comfortable to drive, on or off-road. Hopefully the Jeep brand will remain intact post Chrysler bankruptcy.

Hemi power, Navigation w/traffic updates, Boston Acoustic stereo, auto headlights/wipers and versatility to serve as daily commuter and weekend off-roader.

I'd say a third row seat, but that would probably mess up all the other fine qualities of the vehicle. Nothing else.

Couldn't be happier
By Leanne

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What drew me to this jeep was probably what draws a lot of women to a 4x4 SUV- I wanted to be able to drive over stuff and feel powerful so no one would mess with me on the road anymore. After years in 4 door sedans, it was time. The 2008 JGC has a sleek and classic body design and a standard interior design- nothing fancy, and that's the way I like it. I get about 21 mog, which is way less than when I drove a Honda, but I was well aware when buying this Jeep, fuel economy was not going to be that great, but I wanted something big and if I wanted fuel economy, I could have bought a Prius. Bottom line- I have fun everyday with my Jeep.

This jeep lets me have an almost Napoleon complex. I feel safe.

I have no suggestions in this category.

From SRT 8 to Diesel, both great.
By Stugoesfast

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2006 SRT8 marked our return to Jeep. We found it a blast to drive and were completely satisfied with all aspects of the car. It was trouble free and was reluctantly traded for the 2007 Overland diesel. We ran that car continuously for a little over a year , with oil and filter changes the only work required. After 40,000 trouble free miles we traded for 2008 Overland diesel to avail ourselves of the last great meld of German engine and the best of Detroit. We could not be more satisfied, the 2008 is more refined than the 2007 with the feature list expanded and perfected. The reliability and build integrity is something we have remarked from the 2006 SRT to today's Overland. Love it!

The strong styling without the cute ostentation found in many of the current crop of competitors. Reliability underscores each feature.

A six or seven speed automatic which will not happen as the MB diesel is no longer offered in the Jeep line.

great second jeep
By eric

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought this Jeep due to the great service from our 96 Cherokee. We could not be happier. The style is great, the interior and function extremely well thought out, and it is very comfortable and safe to drive. The room is generous and the performance with the 4.7 V-8 is incredible. The ride is excellent, brakes and handling very impressive. It is also a perfect size--fits nicely in our 2-car garage with another car with room to walk. This is a fine and durable vehicle to serves us as we move into our 60's with grace and verve!

style, build quality, performance, well thought out design, safety.

I have none at this time.