Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Couldn't be happier
By Leanne

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What drew me to this jeep was probably what draws a lot of women to a 4x4 SUV- I wanted to be able to drive over stuff and feel powerful so no one would mess with me on the road anymore. After years in 4 door sedans, it was time. The 2008 JGC has a sleek and classic body design and a standard interior design- nothing fancy, and that's the way I like it. I get about 21 mog, which is way less than when I drove a Honda, but I was well aware when buying this Jeep, fuel economy was not going to be that great, but I wanted something big and if I wanted fuel economy, I could have bought a Prius. Bottom line- I have fun everyday with my Jeep.

Favorite Features

This jeep lets me have an almost Napoleon complex. I feel safe.

Suggested Improvements

I have no suggestions in this category.

From SRT 8 to Diesel, both great.
By Stugoesfast

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2006 SRT8 marked our return to Jeep. We found it a blast to drive and were completely satisfied with all aspects of the car. It was trouble free and was reluctantly traded for the 2007 Overland diesel. We ran that car continuously for a little over a year , with oil and filter changes the only work required. After 40,000 trouble free miles we traded for 2008 Overland diesel to avail ourselves of the last great meld of German engine and the best of Detroit. We could not be more satisfied, the 2008 is more refined than the 2007 with the feature list expanded and perfected. The reliability and build integrity is something we have remarked from the 2006 SRT to today's Overland. Love it!

Favorite Features

The strong styling without the cute ostentation found in many of the current crop of competitors. Reliability underscores each feature.

Suggested Improvements

A six or seven speed automatic which will not happen as the MB diesel is no longer offered in the Jeep line.

great second jeep
By eric

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought this Jeep due to the great service from our 96 Cherokee. We could not be happier. The style is great, the interior and function extremely well thought out, and it is very comfortable and safe to drive. The room is generous and the performance with the 4.7 V-8 is incredible. The ride is excellent, brakes and handling very impressive. It is also a perfect size--fits nicely in our 2-car garage with another car with room to walk. This is a fine and durable vehicle to serves us as we move into our 60's with grace and verve!

Favorite Features

style, build quality, performance, well thought out design, safety.

Suggested Improvements

I have none at this time.

Proud to own an American!
By tn22310

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a JGC Overland with 5.7 HEMI. What a nice car! Very quiet yet engine is strong when it needs to be. I was considering to buy a Range Rover Sport, but JGC has definitely nicer ride and navigation system with hard drive to rip your songs. If you are considering JGC, try to get the HID headlight because they are really bright.

Favorite Features

1. HEMI - one of the best engines around 2. Navi System - fast, accurate and voice controlled 3. QuadraDrive II - goes through pretty much any condition out there. Be sure that your Jeep is trail rated too.

Suggested Improvements

1. no audio control (not much) on steering wheel (like vol down/up) 2. rearview camera without the guide lines? (and the image is not as sharp as other competing vehicles) 3. legroom for the rear 4. fuel economy (or smallish gas tank)

Good Jeep
By Mr. Myron

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 1 year ago and have had no major problems. Information system is excellent. The hard drive option is excellent for music, I have 1600 songs saved. I've averaged around 16-17 mpg in the city and 18-21MPG on hwy for the 4.7L V8. Bluetooth for the phone is excellent, heated seats front and rear are great. Only option I don't have is rear DVD player. Only issue is sometimes the navigation/radio will freeze up. Shutting the car off and back on solves the problem. I can count on 1 hand how many times its happened, and I've driven it 22,000 miles. Steering wheel radio controls are great and rear view camera helps immensely in parking. Great in towing & snow. No maintenance

Favorite Features

Touch screen Navigation/information center, rear view parking camera, towing ability, rear outlet/plug for charging computer

Suggested Improvements

More compartments in rear for storage, refine screens and playing options for hard drive music, better gas mileage.