Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Love it, although it's far from perfect
By Kelsey

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My Jeep is a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 with a 3.7L V6 engine. I bought it brand new in 12/08 and got $9,000 worth of rebates and discounts. I haven't had any problems with it so far, but I have only put 4,000 miles on it. Therefore, I cannot comment too much on reliability. I will tell you, though, that many of the reliability complaints about the Grand Cherokee relate to 2005-06 models, which had many issues, indeed. However, many of these issues have been fixed for 2007. For 2008, which is the year of my Jeep, the front-end suffered a light facelift and the interior received a major improvement. Some online data show that reliability has improved dramatically with the 07 model.

I do like the athletic exterior design a lot, and the interior design makes the whole interior look more solid and robust than it actually is. The front seats are comfortable and supportive. Also, this Jeep rides and handles like a sedan on the road. The transmission is very smooth and responsive.

The V6 engine lacks power and the car gets poor gas mileage, especially when compared to other SUVs in its class. Material quality inside the cabin (i.e., plastics) could've been a bit better. The back seat is somewhat disappointing as it lacks thigh support and has little leg room.

What A Ride!
By papaphil08

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE MY JEEP! This is my first GC. I purchased my 08 Overland last summer when gas prices where over 4 dollars a gallon, got 11 grand knocked off the price because they were not selling. Who's laughing now! I test drove a Lexus IS350, Ford Explorer, Edge, Lincoln MKX and Acura MDX. None can compare to the quality of this Jeep. Great fit and finish! For a SUV it rides like a Dream! Leather and Wood is Beautiful! Black with the chrome really turns heads, HID's are flawless! And let's not forget enough power under the hood to really humiliate the kid in the Mustang at the red light. Bustin a** with a EMPTY baby seat in the back! HaHa, I Love My HEMI. German styling/American Muscle, Awesome!

HEMI! Leather Interior, NAV and My GIG Actually, I Love It ALL! Can't complain about the gas mileage. I knew what the EPA was when I bought it! Actually gets 16/18 city and 18/21 Hwy!

Locking fuel cap. That's it!

Descended From Greatness
By 345jeep

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the real deal. It is not a cute-ute. It is not a car on stilts. This is a Jeep descended from the original. What does that mean. It means that the Jeep will not be the most spacious, it will not be the most efficient, it will not be the most refined. But, when properly equipped, it will take four people and their gear through almost all conditions in great comfort. Looking for a family hauler - - look elsewhere. This is not a modern SUV. It is old-school. If you want to really use your roof rack, use your 4wd, and use your hitch, then this is your vehicle. If you want to putter around the mall with the kids, this is not your vehicle.

Quadra Drive II 4WD system, Class IV trailer hitch, Hemi V8, pricing

Fit and finish (but hey, it's built by Chrysler so what can you expect)

I love it
By Amyvv

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Jeep Grand Cherokee and my 3rd Limited. I love them. I have bought other cars and suvs in between, but I always end up wanting a Jeep again. They are well built, nice looking and a great ride. I won't buy anything else again.

The heated front and rear seats along with the steering wheel radio controls

Bummer about the mpg's on the 8cyl hemi engine

Do anything, go anywhere, no problem...
By BikerAl

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love it! This is my second GC and I haven't had any problems with either of them. I'm hard on vehicles and my Jeeps take everything I dish out. Power is plentiful with the Hemi and its very comfortable to drive, on or off-road. Hopefully the Jeep brand will remain intact post Chrysler bankruptcy.

Hemi power, Navigation w/traffic updates, Boston Acoustic stereo, auto headlights/wipers and versatility to serve as daily commuter and weekend off-roader.

I'd say a third row seat, but that would probably mess up all the other fine qualities of the vehicle. Nothing else.