2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
This Jeep is the best ever
By Car Lover on 01/07/09 14:21 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had 2 jeeps before this (2004 overland and 2004 limited.) I must say if your looking for vehicles in this class, you have to get this one. It's really nice (wood, wooden steering wheel, leather, and much more. the fastest I've had this SUV up to is 140mph (actual speed) and this car has no governor. In all the Jeeps I've had I have never had one break down.

First Time Jeep Owner and Loving It!
By Ashley S. on 12/12/08 09:25 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and my first Jeep and I must say I am truly pleased so far. I've had it almost 3 weeks now and it is exactly what I was looking for. It drives smooth, has good pickup, and has some really great features. I got one with 16k mileage with the Xpackage for an awesome deal! I saw on some of the other models that people left reviews for that they had a problem with water leaking, I drove mine in torrential downpour last night with no problem. I looked at many different kinds of SUV's before choosing this one and I am fully satisfied with my choice. Comfortable, roomy, fun to drive, and an overall great SUV.

3rd Jeep
By jd on 12/10/08 15:09 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

What's the Caddy commercial say about returning the favor? Yes! My JGC definitely returns the favor! Nice ride, fun to drive and the 4.7L has great pick-up. Haven't tried the E85 yet - so can't comment on performance/mileage there. Now that gas prices are down - my purchasing a V8 in June when gas was near $4 doesn't look so stupid. How are people complaining about gas mileage in these reviews? You saw what the EPA estimates were when you bought it - as long as you're not getting worse mileage than EPA estimates, how can you rate gas mileage as poor? I'm consistently getting a couple of more mpg in comparison to EPA estimates. Got 21mpg on 600 mile highway trip recently.

Life after Land Rovers
By Tom2008 on 12/09/08 19:07 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had 3 Land Rovers (2 Disco, 1 LR3) Had almost bought a Commander before the last Land Rover. I couldn't pass up on the deals this time. Need power to pull my 22' boat and the Hemi makes you forget the boat is still there. The leather is nice, but the plastics in the interior are not as nice as Land Rover. My kids both have the old Cherokees (1999 & 2000) and still love them.

The 08 NOISE!
By Chris on 12/03/08 09:33 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Laredo, having purchased one brand new in 98, that we now use as a third vehicle and for the kids to use. Our new one: after driving it for week, we noticed this noise coming from the back of the engine when the radio and everything was off, except the car itself. It is a very annoying noise, clicking sound. We took it back. They pulled another 08 off the lot into the service garage and had us listen to it. It had the same noise! Nothing wrong and nothing they can do about it. Probably would not have purchased an 08 had we heard this before hand. And it says 4wd, when its actually full time awd.

Fun and good value, but???
By Achilles on 11/26/08 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I agree with everyone, it is a fun vehicle, and the 4.7l v8 is a thrill! I bought 2 Rocky mountain models, both with the 4.7's. My problem has been quality and Chrysler. One door had 1/4" drop, and the instrument cluster blistered. Chrysler llc's support and dealer support are non existent. After great hassle they have had the vehicle for > 36 days, and > 6 attempts. Worst part is that they have since caused more damage than if I had hit a deer. Bottom line is it is a really fun vehicle... But quality is questionable, and support of product is non existent! Hope this helps buyers find things before purchase.

Jeep is dealing
By Cherokee lover on 11/16/08 15:23 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was angry when they stopped making the Cherokee. I loved my '98. I thought that I could not afford a JGC and at $35K, I was right. But Jeep is hurting. You can get a $35K JGC for as little as $21K. I couldn't refuse. And this is the best made Jeep yet. Go to your dealer and "steal".

New Limited with Hemi
By WC on 11/12/08 09:20 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2008 JGC limited with a HEMI. Great ride, great comfort, very luxurious. Before purchasing, I test drove, the BMW X-3 and X-5, Lincoln MKX, Hummer H-3, and the ML 320. The jeep has the best ride of all, has the most features for the money, and has real capability. I did tons of research, then test drove the jeep and it clearly has been engineered with higher quality than the past models. The Hemi is a great engine, and does use gas quite well, but I've been on the highway getting around 21 mpg. I'm told it gets better.

New Limited with Hemi
By WC on 11/10/08 19:58 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just picked up this jeep grand Cherokee limited after researching for months. Also drove the BMW X-3 and X- 5, the Lincoln MKX, Hummer H-3, MB ML320, and can honestly say the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited had the best ride of all. For the money, its the best value by far and you get real capability that can handle any ruggedness you may throw at it. The interior is extremely comfortable and inviting. Very happy so far.

What A Deal!
By Dave G. on 11/07/08 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Was perfectly happy with my 2001 GC Laredo until I saw a "half price" ad in the paper for a new 2008. Went to find the "catch" but ended up buying a loaded GC for less than $17k plus my old 126k miles Laredo - just add tax tag and title! After about one week I have to say this is a much nicer vehicle than my '01 ever was. Leather, fog lites, sunroof, all power, heated seats, adjustable pedals, etc ... First tank at just over 18 mpg and though it's not a strong engine, it's good enough for what I need. The Boston stereo sounds decent and Sirius for a year is great! Top it all off with the lifetime power train warranty and it was a pretty good deal.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.