2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
From SRT 8 to Diesel, both great.
By Stugoesfast on 05/18/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2006 SRT8 marked our return to Jeep. We found it a blast to drive and were completely satisfied with all aspects of the car. It was trouble free and was reluctantly traded for the 2007 Overland diesel. We ran that car continuously for a little over a year , with oil and filter changes the only work required. After 40,000 trouble free miles we traded for 2008 Overland diesel to avail ourselves of the last great meld of German engine and the best of Detroit. We could not be more satisfied, the 2008 is more refined than the 2007 with the feature list expanded and perfected. The reliability and build integrity is something we have remarked from the 2006 SRT to today's Overland. Love it!

great second jeep
By eric on 05/06/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought this Jeep due to the great service from our 96 Cherokee. We could not be happier. The style is great, the interior and function extremely well thought out, and it is very comfortable and safe to drive. The room is generous and the performance with the 4.7 V-8 is incredible. The ride is excellent, brakes and handling very impressive. It is also a perfect size--fits nicely in our 2-car garage with another car with room to walk. This is a fine and durable vehicle to serves us as we move into our 60's with grace and verve!

Proud to own an American!
By tn22310 on 04/29/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a JGC Overland with 5.7 HEMI. What a nice car! Very quiet yet engine is strong when it needs to be. I was considering to buy a Range Rover Sport, but JGC has definitely nicer ride and navigation system with hard drive to rip your songs. If you are considering JGC, try to get the HID headlight because they are really bright.

Good Jeep
By Mr. Myron on 04/19/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 1 year ago and have had no major problems. Information system is excellent. The hard drive option is excellent for music, I have 1600 songs saved. I've averaged around 16-17 mpg in the city and 18-21MPG on hwy for the 4.7L V8. Bluetooth for the phone is excellent, heated seats front and rear are great. Only option I don't have is rear DVD player. Only issue is sometimes the navigation/radio will freeze up. Shutting the car off and back on solves the problem. I can count on 1 hand how many times its happened, and I've driven it 22,000 miles. Steering wheel radio controls are great and rear view camera helps immensely in parking. Great in towing & snow. No maintenance

For $45 buy a luxury SUV - Buyer Beware!
By KLH on 04/07/09 05:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK, I went to get my lease '08 Jeep and have regretted ditching my BMW every since. Soon after I picked up my overland the sealant on the quarter glass window started melting, took numerous calls to Leith Headquarters and Chrysler headquarters until they finally agreed to fix my Jeep. On top of that the electronic items in the car fail at any given time - including auto headlights!!! Still after all this time it malfunctions at any given time, stalls on the road while driving, speakers stop working, hard drive crashes and stalls, wipes out info stored in it, the list is endless as to what malfunctions on this Jeep!

Best Performance SUV
By coolbreezesd on 03/07/09 13:18 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 for a 2008. Wow they made a lot of improvements for 2008. The engine and performance is astonishing. The ride quality is pretty darn good and the over all quality is great... I had almost zero issues with my 2007. If you like speed, and want the utility of an SUV this is the one for you!

Happy
By jose m. on 03/03/09 19:12 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchase our Jeep G. Cherokee after driving a J. Cherokee Classic 2000 for about 7 years. Very nice upgrade and lot of interior room compare to our old Jeep. We are very happy and so far so good in gas mileage.

What a beast!
By JYSRT8 on 02/10/09 22:55 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Got rid of my 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport, (definitely not a Minnesota winter car) for SRT Jeep. Lots of fun to drive, even in the winter. Awesome acceleration, turns heads!

Very Nice for the Price
By Steve on 02/07/09 12:41 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded my old car in because I needed a vehicle with a trailer hitch. I had looked at many different vehicles, and none had everything I wanted. This Jeep is perfect for me. I got a well equipped Laredo 4WD model with the Red Rock Crystal Pearl paint, and black interior. The color is awesome! It drives smooth and it has a lot of power. The build quality feels very good. I love the sun and sound package which has a power sunroof and the 6 CD and satellite upgraded radio. Overall, for the decent price, it is a great car.

MY 2008 JGC IS GREAT!
By RON on 01/29/09 12:42 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my JGC in Aug of 08 and have now had it 6 mos and put 14,000+ on it. The ONLY problem I have had is to replace the RF window regulator. When I picked it up it had no problems for warranty repair and none since til the regulator. Drives great and gets up 26 mpg on the hwy and 18 to 22 in town. The roof, due to the sunroof, is too low, but otherwise I love it. The only other problem: the reset for the trip computer is on the steering wheel and is too easy to accidentally hit getting in or out and you inadvertantly reset it without knowing it! Put the reset on the dash. So far, it has no rattles or odd noises. This is my 3rd Jeep and by far the best. Good acceleration.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.