2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Used Jeep review
By Allen on 01/16/10 03:28 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 08 Jeep. I had a 98 Accord with near 200000 miles and with a family started needed something bigger and newer. I found my 08 Jeep marked down to a very affordable price and made the choice over many others cars and SUVs were were looking at. My Jeep is about as basic as they come, but I was not looking for top of the line nor could I afford it. The only thing I can saw 100% I wish I had was better fuel economy, but I knew what I was getting when I got an SUV. I think the cruise control should be back on the steering wheel, or wheel mounted radio controls should be on all models. I wish I had the roof rack. I probably wouldn't use it, but it adds to the look.

Jeep thoughts
By Hello on 01/02/10 09:02 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Power is adequate for city driving, however if you want to plan any hihgway driving, plan ahead if you want to merge or to pass as it takes a while. One problem so far, a rattle in the rear passenger side area. Turned out to be loose side airbag bracket and was fixed promptly by the dealer. The other day I was trying to back into my garage. Driveway was snow and ice covered and on small incline. What happened next the right rear wheel started spinning and I had to get some momentum to get the rear inside. Once the rear got inside and was on dry concrete, the front wheel started spinning and again would not move. Again had to get momentum to get in. Not the best AWD me thinks.

My 1st Jeep (4.7l V8, Limited)
By 1stJeep on 12/16/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My girlfriend and I purchased our first Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. What a purchase! We couldn't be happier with our decision. From the build quality of the Jeep brand (my father has an 04 with 120,000 miles) to our dealership provided LIFETIME warranty, this vehicle has it all. We purchased a certified pre-owned Grand Cherokee Limited with all of the options except the Xenon headlamps and the 5.7L Hemi engine. The driving is solid, fuel economy is what you would expect from a V8 engine and the overall ride is comfortable.

Changing the Bodystyle altogether
By Linda on 12/07/09 05:50 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the jeep. I have owned two, 2006 & 2008. It has a few engine flaws but I really like the body type and the smoothness of the ride. Also Jeep should provide quality speakers for the radio and the five cd changer it offers. Please sound proof the inside of the vehicles, you would get a lot more sales for this vehicle too.

Love it, although it's far from perfect
By Kelsey on 10/29/09 21:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My Jeep is a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 with a 3.7L V6 engine. I bought it brand new in 12/08 and got $9,000 worth of rebates and discounts. I haven't had any problems with it so far, but I have only put 4,000 miles on it. Therefore, I cannot comment too much on reliability. I will tell you, though, that many of the reliability complaints about the Grand Cherokee relate to 2005-06 models, which had many issues, indeed. However, many of these issues have been fixed for 2007. For 2008, which is the year of my Jeep, the front-end suffered a light facelift and the interior received a major improvement. Some online data show that reliability has improved dramatically with the 07 model.

What A Ride!
By papaphil08 on 08/31/09 22:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE MY JEEP! This is my first GC. I purchased my 08 Overland last summer when gas prices where over 4 dollars a gallon, got 11 grand knocked off the price because they were not selling. Who's laughing now! I test drove a Lexus IS350, Ford Explorer, Edge, Lincoln MKX and Acura MDX. None can compare to the quality of this Jeep. Great fit and finish! For a SUV it rides like a Dream! Leather and Wood is Beautiful! Black with the chrome really turns heads, HID's are flawless! And let's not forget enough power under the hood to really humiliate the kid in the Mustang at the red light. Bustin a** with a EMPTY baby seat in the back! HaHa, I Love My HEMI. German styling/American Muscle, Awesome!

Descended From Greatness
By 345jeep on 08/26/09 15:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the real deal. It is not a cute-ute. It is not a car on stilts. This is a Jeep descended from the original. What does that mean. It means that the Jeep will not be the most spacious, it will not be the most efficient, it will not be the most refined. But, when properly equipped, it will take four people and their gear through almost all conditions in great comfort. Looking for a family hauler - - look elsewhere. This is not a modern SUV. It is old-school. If you want to really use your roof rack, use your 4wd, and use your hitch, then this is your vehicle. If you want to putter around the mall with the kids, this is not your vehicle.

I love it
By Amyvv on 08/04/09 11:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Jeep Grand Cherokee and my 3rd Limited. I love them. I have bought other cars and suvs in between, but I always end up wanting a Jeep again. They are well built, nice looking and a great ride. I won't buy anything else again.

Do anything, go anywhere, no problem...
By BikerAl on 07/27/09 16:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love it! This is my second GC and I haven't had any problems with either of them. I'm hard on vehicles and my Jeeps take everything I dish out. Power is plentiful with the Hemi and its very comfortable to drive, on or off-road. Hopefully the Jeep brand will remain intact post Chrysler bankruptcy.

Couldn't be happier
By Leanne on 06/27/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What drew me to this jeep was probably what draws a lot of women to a 4x4 SUV- I wanted to be able to drive over stuff and feel powerful so no one would mess with me on the road anymore. After years in 4 door sedans, it was time. The 2008 JGC has a sleek and classic body design and a standard interior design- nothing fancy, and that's the way I like it. I get about 21 mog, which is way less than when I drove a Honda, but I was well aware when buying this Jeep, fuel economy was not going to be that great, but I wanted something big and if I wanted fuel economy, I could have bought a Prius. Bottom line- I have fun everyday with my Jeep.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee in NJ is:

$206 per month*