Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Don't buy a Chrysler or Jeep
By Joanne

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am disgusted with the Jeep I have just about the whole car is breaking so far I've has a valve ob, catalytic converter replaced, radio replaced, antenna broke off and ripped up my hood, bearings and pinion gone, brakes gone, unbelievable. I have a LEMON! I'll never buy another Jeep!

Everything

I love it
By Amyvv

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Jeep Grand Cherokee and my 3rd Limited. I love them. I have bought other cars and suvs in between, but I always end up wanting a Jeep again. They are well built, nice looking and a great ride. I won't buy anything else again.

The heated front and rear seats along with the steering wheel radio controls

Bummer about the mpg's on the 8cyl hemi engine

New Limited with Hemi
By WC

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2008 JGC limited with a HEMI. Great ride, great comfort, very luxurious. Before purchasing, I test drove, the BMW X-3 and X-5, Lincoln MKX, Hummer H-3, and the ML 320. The jeep has the best ride of all, has the most features for the money, and has real capability. I did tons of research, then test drove the jeep and it clearly has been engineered with higher quality than the past models. The Hemi is a great engine, and does use gas quite well, but I've been on the highway getting around 21 mpg. I'm told it gets better.

Ride, interior, sound system, HEMI.

Gas mileage in the city

New Limited with Hemi
By WC

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just picked up this jeep grand Cherokee limited after researching for months. Also drove the BMW X-3 and X- 5, the Lincoln MKX, Hummer H-3, MB ML320, and can honestly say the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited had the best ride of all. For the money, its the best value by far and you get real capability that can handle any ruggedness you may throw at it. The interior is extremely comfortable and inviting. Very happy so far.

Exterior chrome, athletic style, interior, sound system, comfort, ride.

Better gas mileage on the Hemi, but then again it's a Hemi.

Triple the pleasure
By X2345X

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2008 Black Jeep Cherokee Limited (4.7L V-8). Believe it or not, this is now the third Black Jeep Cherokee in our garage (both my wife and son drive 2004 models)...and overall we couldn't be more pleased with the performance, reliability and quality. I am getting 19+ MPG! The 2008 has all the "bells and whistles" (automatic high beams, automatic wipers, iPod compatible, excellent storage, GPS, chrome accents that really dress up the exterior especially of a black vehicle). My only complaint is with the narrow leg room and pedal configuration for the driver (however I am over 6' tall).