2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Love the JEEP
By disgustedagain on 03/08/13 13:04 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have heard many stories out there about the poor gas milage of the Jeeps. Please, Do not beleive them. Sure, they will drink down the gas in gulps if you are getting it on, which they will do! However in mixed driving to work 25 miles mixed city and freeway, with the smaller V8, the Jeep Grand Cherkee Limited is AVERAGING 19.5 Miles per gallon. On the Highway, it is getting 24 miles per gallon AVERAGE! so, for a 4X4 SUV, I would say that is really good! The SUV rides smooth, nimble, small turning radious, all I can want. With Michelin Snows, it digs in deep snow like childs play. If you want a real nice SUV, this is the one for you!

LOVE LOVE LIKE
By yesdnyl99 on 05/27/12 11:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Jeep after loving them since I was little. It's rugged while still comfortable. The speakers are loud and clear, it's comfortable on long trips, and it's quite trusting when you find yourself in bad weather. It swings around to get into parking spaces that other SUVs wouldn't be able to fit into because they don't have a sharp turn. This one does without being scared of embarrassing yourself with having to reverse a million times. SUVs are normally bumpy but this one is pretty fun when it does bounce. The style is masculine but feminine enough for women to drive it without feeling like a guy.

loving it
By jenna77 on 04/09/12 09:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I always wanted a SUV and we had 2 paid off vehicles so didn't really want to go buy one. Then we wrecked our truck so we decided to replace it with an SUV. Not knowing I'd be getting an SUV soon I just went test driving different SUVs. Bought this because I loved the ride. I've had it 2 years now. It had kind of high miles when I got it but I work 1 mile from home so the miles are not adding up fast anymore. I love love love it. I've had no problems whatsoever. Does great in our Utah snow.

Great Jeep for fun and towing
By Starguy on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the limited 4.7L with the towing package and air brake module. This thing pulls a 28' travel trailer like it was nothing. The trailer has the leveler bars which make it possible with this size. The motor strains some while passing up hill or really steep grades. So if you know the limits it's great. Gas mileage while pulling was between 13 if you push it and 16 if you keep it around 60 to 65 mph. but straight driving highway mileage I've gone from 18 to 25 depending on speed and wind conditions. I have everything except the 5.7 hemi and the trim package of the Overland model. The wife and I love it and are going to purchase it when the lease is up. Safety was a big factor also,solid.

Love my HEMI GC!
By HEMICHICK on 06/05/10 15:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2008 Grand Cherokee Limited 4wd. It is so much more fun to drive than my IS300 and either of the Acura TL's I had before. It fits my needs perfectly and also is great to drive. Nothing else can really compare to it! My father has owned several Jeeps and I will definitely purchase another one. Next one will be a SRT8 though :)

Everything you want in a great package
By Jeff on 05/27/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The jeep has been trouble free and reliable. It had a couple of minor issues that required a dealer service visit but they were taken care of quickly. I have the Diesel engine and it performs great and gets about 30% better MPG than the Hemi. It's pretty quiet and very comfortable on the highway. I love the heritage and classic look of the jeep.

Don't buy a Chrysler or Jeep
By Joanne on 04/21/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am disgusted with the Jeep I have just about the whole car is breaking so far I've has a valve ob, catalytic converter replaced, radio replaced, antenna broke off and ripped up my hood, bearings and pinion gone, brakes gone, unbelievable. I have a LEMON! I'll never buy another Jeep!

Love the Diesel Power
By New Jeep Owner on 02/02/10 17:42 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Jeep (Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.0L Diesel). I am extremely happy with the Grand Cherokee and look forward to driving it to work every day. After driving a reliable, but small import car the previous eight years I chose the Grand Cherokee because of it's size and because the (paved) roads where I currently live have so many potholes it is almost like driving off-road. The Grand Cherokee handles great, has great visibility, and I don't have to wince each time I hit a pothole like I had to with my small car. The Grand Cherokee also looks great inside and out (silver) and has adequate power for my needs. I was extremely and pleasantly surprised to get 26-27 mpg!

Cherokee is good
By Me on 01/29/10 10:31 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first Jeep purchase, I had previously been driving a sporty 2dr pontiac. I have been extremely pleased with the vehicle. It covers all dimensions of what you would want. It still is a "prestigious" vehicle to drive and show off, the off road capabilities are excellent (which is very useful in snow/rain situations, it has enough cargo space to haul a number of different kinds of large items, and the handling at high or low speeds is not that much different than my previous sporty CAR. I commute a total of 40 miles each day, sometimes i take the highway, sometimes regular roads. It performs great on either, and my average MPG on the gauge has been steady at 17.1 - not too bad.

Very happy
By tim1975 on 01/27/10 01:07 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 08 GC coming off a lease so it had 12000 or so miles on it. We're now up to 36000 and it's been great. We bought the base of base models however so we don't have much for features. The 3.7 V6 could use 30- 40 more hp but for us it works just fine. We drove from Seattle to Disneyland and topped out at almost 25 mpg straight highway. Mostly we average 17-18 I think. I can't talk about rear space too much since I drive most times. Our girls are 4 and 6 so I haven't heard them complain of space too much yet. Cargo space isn't great but we knew that going in, but coming from a minivan we knew what to expect. My wife is much happier driving the Jeep than the Kia minivan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.