2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Not Much Bang for your Buck
By Mills on 08/12/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second JGC, and we are not pleased with it. We had to take it back to the dealer 3 times for computer errors (had to replace main PC board), the AC does not work all the time, and the engine is so detuned that it feels like a strong V6. In addition, I hit my head all the time when getting in and out (you would think I would have learned)and I am only 5'7". I could not imagine a tall person enjoying this vehicle.

9th Jeep!
By Jim on 05/27/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm glad to be back in a Jeep! I have been driving them since my first car purchase at 18 years old (I'm 40). I was given a GMC Envoy from my last employer and have been Jeepless for the last 4 years! The GMC was great but didn't compare to my new 08 Hemi Overland JGC. It drives and preforms like a dream!

Great Ride/Power
By Tgtbv on 03/19/08 15:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd JGC, having traded in a 2005 JGC Laredo. Getting into an 08 JGC Overland with the 5.8L Hemi was awesome. The power and acceleration is amazing for an SUV. Gas Mileage so far is about 15 MPG in the city, not too bad for a big engine. Ext. looks are good, and the interior is sharp and refined. Lots of extras with the Nav, Sat. radio, Bluetooth, Back-up camera, etc. I chose this JGC over the Acura MDX because of what you get for the price. Dealer incentives made the JGC more affordable than the MDX. Plus I got the same or more bells and whistles and a vehicle that will leave the MDX,CX9, and RX in my dust. Great Truck!!

It's a Beauty, inside and out
By ChiGirlInTexas on 12/11/07 17:42 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After considering many other vehicles, I'm so glad I got the JGC. Smooth acceleration, quiet cabin, great techie tools--the Nav, bluetooth, hard drive for my music (uploaded via USB, about 800 songs fit w/room to spare). Incentives made it more affordable to lease than the Liberty, and when I feel the Hemi respond, I know I made the right choice. Of course, the gas mileage is lousy, but after driving a 4-banger for 3 years, I was ready to get some power....and this Jeep really delivers. It won out over the Honda Pilot, Ford Edge, Saturn Vue, Mazda CX-9 & Mitsubishi Outlander. The incentives plus dealer's willingness to negotiate made it a no-brainer. If you like 'em loaded, look at JGC!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$121 per month*