2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Don't buy a Chrysler or Jeep
By Joanne on 04/21/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am disgusted with the Jeep I have just about the whole car is breaking so far I've has a valve ob, catalytic converter replaced, radio replaced, antenna broke off and ripped up my hood, bearings and pinion gone, brakes gone, unbelievable. I have a LEMON! I'll never buy another Jeep!

I love it
By Amyvv on 08/04/09 11:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Jeep Grand Cherokee and my 3rd Limited. I love them. I have bought other cars and suvs in between, but I always end up wanting a Jeep again. They are well built, nice looking and a great ride. I won't buy anything else again.

New Limited with Hemi
By WC on 11/12/08 09:20 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2008 JGC limited with a HEMI. Great ride, great comfort, very luxurious. Before purchasing, I test drove, the BMW X-3 and X-5, Lincoln MKX, Hummer H-3, and the ML 320. The jeep has the best ride of all, has the most features for the money, and has real capability. I did tons of research, then test drove the jeep and it clearly has been engineered with higher quality than the past models. The Hemi is a great engine, and does use gas quite well, but I've been on the highway getting around 21 mpg. I'm told it gets better.

New Limited with Hemi
By WC on 11/10/08 19:58 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just picked up this jeep grand Cherokee limited after researching for months. Also drove the BMW X-3 and X- 5, the Lincoln MKX, Hummer H-3, MB ML320, and can honestly say the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited had the best ride of all. For the money, its the best value by far and you get real capability that can handle any ruggedness you may throw at it. The interior is extremely comfortable and inviting. Very happy so far.

Triple the pleasure
By X2345X on 07/25/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2008 Black Jeep Cherokee Limited (4.7L V-8). Believe it or not, this is now the third Black Jeep Cherokee in our garage (both my wife and son drive 2004 models)...and overall we couldn't be more pleased with the performance, reliability and quality. I am getting 19+ MPG! The 2008 has all the "bells and whistles" (automatic high beams, automatic wipers, iPod compatible, excellent storage, GPS, chrome accents that really dress up the exterior especially of a black vehicle). My only complaint is with the narrow leg room and pedal configuration for the driver (however I am over 6' tall).

7 months later
By turbanski on 06/26/08 07:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Previous review posted on 1/30/08. I just want to update my review of this vehicle for potential purchasers. My original review noted MPG at 14. It has since improved to 17+ MPG which is acceptable to me. I have the Laredo with 4.7 V8 not the Limited. (No listing for Laredo V8). Laredo V8's are hard to find, most are 3.7 V6's. Get the 4.7 V8 if you can find one. Good value and performance for $34K with "E" package minus discounts and rebates. "E" package includes remote start, heated seats,adjustable pedals. 115V outlet, Boston Acoustics stereo and more.

Jeep GC 08 Ltd Hemi RWD
By Dana Jeeper on 06/20/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Jeep GC.. had a 04 GC Ltd and loved it. This vehicle is definitely heavier and I felt the Hemi would help. It's got all the power and luxury I wanted plus the upgraded touch screen nav (I had the old one on my 04), Haven't actually used the myGIG feature yet. Love the looks, fun to drive. Gas mileage sucks but that's the trade off. Good pricing for all the features of a luxury vehicle.

3rd Jeep
By zoggie on 02/27/08 17:13 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Jeep. My 1st was a 94 with the 5.2 V8 and my 2nd a 01 with the 4.7 V8. I recently got the Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and Quadra-drive 4X4. Every option available on the car was ordered. I have always been a big Jeep fan, but this new model is much more refined than expected. I compared to "luxury" SUVs, and for the price, there is no comparison. The engine has plenty of pep, and the interior is nicer than the Lexus or Infinity I looked at. I don't care what the reviews say, the Jeep is as big as any "crossover" in terms of interior space, but the build quality is much higher of any SUV I looked at. This is definitely a huge contender against any SUV you look at.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.