2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Love the Diesel Power
By New Jeep Owner on 02/02/10 17:42 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Jeep (Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.0L Diesel). I am extremely happy with the Grand Cherokee and look forward to driving it to work every day. After driving a reliable, but small import car the previous eight years I chose the Grand Cherokee because of it's size and because the (paved) roads where I currently live have so many potholes it is almost like driving off-road. The Grand Cherokee handles great, has great visibility, and I don't have to wince each time I hit a pothole like I had to with my small car. The Grand Cherokee also looks great inside and out (silver) and has adequate power for my needs. I was extremely and pleasantly surprised to get 26-27 mpg!

Used Jeep review
By Allen on 01/16/10 03:28 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 08 Jeep. I had a 98 Accord with near 200000 miles and with a family started needed something bigger and newer. I found my 08 Jeep marked down to a very affordable price and made the choice over many others cars and SUVs were were looking at. My Jeep is about as basic as they come, but I was not looking for top of the line nor could I afford it. The only thing I can saw 100% I wish I had was better fuel economy, but I knew what I was getting when I got an SUV. I think the cruise control should be back on the steering wheel, or wheel mounted radio controls should be on all models. I wish I had the roof rack. I probably wouldn't use it, but it adds to the look.

Jeep thoughts
By Hello on 01/02/10 09:02 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Power is adequate for city driving, however if you want to plan any hihgway driving, plan ahead if you want to merge or to pass as it takes a while. One problem so far, a rattle in the rear passenger side area. Turned out to be loose side airbag bracket and was fixed promptly by the dealer. The other day I was trying to back into my garage. Driveway was snow and ice covered and on small incline. What happened next the right rear wheel started spinning and I had to get some momentum to get the rear inside. Once the rear got inside and was on dry concrete, the front wheel started spinning and again would not move. Again had to get momentum to get in. Not the best AWD me thinks.

Couldn't be happier
By Leanne on 06/27/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What drew me to this jeep was probably what draws a lot of women to a 4x4 SUV- I wanted to be able to drive over stuff and feel powerful so no one would mess with me on the road anymore. After years in 4 door sedans, it was time. The 2008 JGC has a sleek and classic body design and a standard interior design- nothing fancy, and that's the way I like it. I get about 21 mog, which is way less than when I drove a Honda, but I was well aware when buying this Jeep, fuel economy was not going to be that great, but I wanted something big and if I wanted fuel economy, I could have bought a Prius. Bottom line- I have fun everyday with my Jeep.

Happy
By jose m. on 03/03/09 19:12 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchase our Jeep G. Cherokee after driving a J. Cherokee Classic 2000 for about 7 years. Very nice upgrade and lot of interior room compare to our old Jeep. We are very happy and so far so good in gas mileage.

MY 2008 JGC IS GREAT!
By RON on 01/29/09 12:42 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my JGC in Aug of 08 and have now had it 6 mos and put 14,000+ on it. The ONLY problem I have had is to replace the RF window regulator. When I picked it up it had no problems for warranty repair and none since til the regulator. Drives great and gets up 26 mpg on the hwy and 18 to 22 in town. The roof, due to the sunroof, is too low, but otherwise I love it. The only other problem: the reset for the trip computer is on the steering wheel and is too easy to accidentally hit getting in or out and you inadvertantly reset it without knowing it! Put the reset on the dash. So far, it has no rattles or odd noises. This is my 3rd Jeep and by far the best. Good acceleration.

Jeep is dealing
By Cherokee lover on 11/16/08 15:23 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was angry when they stopped making the Cherokee. I loved my '98. I thought that I could not afford a JGC and at $35K, I was right. But Jeep is hurting. You can get a $35K JGC for as little as $21K. I couldn't refuse. And this is the best made Jeep yet. Go to your dealer and "steal".

What A Deal!
By Dave G. on 11/07/08 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Was perfectly happy with my 2001 GC Laredo until I saw a "half price" ad in the paper for a new 2008. Went to find the "catch" but ended up buying a loaded GC for less than $17k plus my old 126k miles Laredo - just add tax tag and title! After about one week I have to say this is a much nicer vehicle than my '01 ever was. Leather, fog lites, sunroof, all power, heated seats, adjustable pedals, etc ... First tank at just over 18 mpg and though it's not a strong engine, it's good enough for what I need. The Boston stereo sounds decent and Sirius for a year is great! Top it all off with the lifetime power train warranty and it was a pretty good deal.

Best Value Out There for an SUV!
By Rockinroller on 10/09/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd G.C. in a couple of years. What a treat to drive! Compared to the foreign bubbles and even Ford and GM's tired designs, the Grand Cherokee has them beat, hands down. Chrysler's incentives are the best in the industry. Gas mileage is consistently in the high 'teens around town and low to mid 20s on the highway. The 6 cylinder engine has great low end torque and doesn't feel like it's straining at all, uphill or on acceleration lanes on the freeway.

LOVE my Jeep!
By Jeep Gal in CO on 09/08/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had been looking/researching/test driving SUVs for the last year. Wanted to get out of the car & back in 4WD for the snow we get here in Colorado. Compared with Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe and a few others of similar size, price. We had bought our son an '07 GC last year, so I stopped at the dealer to look at the '08 GC's. MUCH more comfortable than Escape or Santa Fe. Have taken it off road in CO mountains and it performed great. It is my everyday drive vehicle and I am very happy. Consistently getting 18+ mpg city - haven't driven enough highway for a accurate average. For the price - with rebates & incentives - it blew the competition away! Now we are a2-Jeep family! Get one today

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.