Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Love the Diesel Power
By New Jeep Owner

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Jeep (Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.0L Diesel). I am extremely happy with the Grand Cherokee and look forward to driving it to work every day. After driving a reliable, but small import car the previous eight years I chose the Grand Cherokee because of it's size and because the (paved) roads where I currently live have so many potholes it is almost like driving off-road. The Grand Cherokee handles great, has great visibility, and I don't have to wince each time I hit a pothole like I had to with my small car. The Grand Cherokee also looks great inside and out (silver) and has adequate power for my needs. I was extremely and pleasantly surprised to get 26-27 mpg!

26 to 27 mpg! Exterior and interior design, leather, heated seats, vehicle info computer, moonroof, roofrack, tow package, 500 miles between re-fueling, shiftable automatic transmission.

None yet!

Used Jeep review
By Allen

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my 08 Jeep. I had a 98 Accord with near 200000 miles and with a family started needed something bigger and newer. I found my 08 Jeep marked down to a very affordable price and made the choice over many others cars and SUVs were were looking at. My Jeep is about as basic as they come, but I was not looking for top of the line nor could I afford it. The only thing I can saw 100% I wish I had was better fuel economy, but I knew what I was getting when I got an SUV. I think the cruise control should be back on the steering wheel, or wheel mounted radio controls should be on all models. I wish I had the roof rack. I probably wouldn't use it, but it adds to the look.

I love the look of the Jeep Grand Cherokee in and out. The interior design is great other than the cruise controls. My family and I have more than enough room. My feeling is if you want more room get a full size SUV not a midsize. It drives wonderful.

I owned a 1996 Grand Cherokee in the past. I think the 4.0 motor was a better motor than the 3.7 in them now. It needs more power, but its not a sluggish motor either. I would love to have better fuel economy also. Make the gear shift straight forward and back. I don't like the zig zag thing.

Jeep thoughts
By Hello

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Power is adequate for city driving, however if you want to plan any hihgway driving, plan ahead if you want to merge or to pass as it takes a while. One problem so far, a rattle in the rear passenger side area. Turned out to be loose side airbag bracket and was fixed promptly by the dealer. The other day I was trying to back into my garage. Driveway was snow and ice covered and on small incline. What happened next the right rear wheel started spinning and I had to get some momentum to get the rear inside. Once the rear got inside and was on dry concrete, the front wheel started spinning and again would not move. Again had to get momentum to get in. Not the best AWD me thinks.

Medium size, exterior design, good handling, large mirrors, headlights provide excellent illumination of the road

V6 lacks power, rear window small, AWD is adequate when going forward but stinks when in reverse, use less hard plastics, get rid of roof rack

Couldn't be happier
By Leanne

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What drew me to this jeep was probably what draws a lot of women to a 4x4 SUV- I wanted to be able to drive over stuff and feel powerful so no one would mess with me on the road anymore. After years in 4 door sedans, it was time. The 2008 JGC has a sleek and classic body design and a standard interior design- nothing fancy, and that's the way I like it. I get about 21 mog, which is way less than when I drove a Honda, but I was well aware when buying this Jeep, fuel economy was not going to be that great, but I wanted something big and if I wanted fuel economy, I could have bought a Prius. Bottom line- I have fun everyday with my Jeep.

This jeep lets me have an almost Napoleon complex. I feel safe.

I have no suggestions in this category.

Happy
By jose m.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchase our Jeep G. Cherokee after driving a J. Cherokee Classic 2000 for about 7 years. Very nice upgrade and lot of interior room compare to our old Jeep. We are very happy and so far so good in gas mileage.

Dashboard features, very easy to reach everything while driving. Lots of power for towing.

Too bad we don't have a radio tuner on the steering wheel. It's not a must have it feature but would it be nice to have it.