2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
By teem86 on

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep in 2011. The vehicle overall has been given fantastic reviews and to drive and own one is best, however I have been having this one issue. It randomly bucks and the jeep loses power steering, no acceleration and the oil light comes on. Sometimes it can keep running if the gas is slammed on other times it can be restated immediately after it stalls. This issue happened shortly before I got the transmission cooler lines fixed after months of leaking. The jeep also had the Ignition switch replaced twice; once in '10 and then once '12. B2185 & P0884 show up when the computer is scanned. There hasn't been a fix to it yet and it's scary to drive because it's bucked on the highway.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the leather/suede seats, fog lights, rear camera and sensors, towing capabilities, heated seats, moon roof, the hemi engine (sounds fantastic!), trunk space, off road capabilities, dual temperature control, large screen with 6 cds changer and navigation, style and shape of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

put outlets and temperature control in the back of the middle console, Gas guzzler, rear seating space like a wrangler, and I went from a 1999 wrangler to this jeep so I'm not used to or like how the jeep is running all by a computer/computer sensors.