2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Never again!

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Never again!
By bluefishblitz on

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2007 Grand Cherokee last April with only 54K miles on it. Within 6K miles the rear differential went and I had to have the rear axel replaced at the cost of $2K. Then a module went for my tranny to the tune of $1300. Then the battery recently went and I'm having issues with my dashboard lights constantly flashing. My mechanic is at his wits end with the flashing so if anyone has had this happen and they know what caused it please post the solution. I have owned Jeeps before but I will never buy one again. I am going back to owning a Toyota.

Not much.

Better ride, more comfortable seats. Better gas mileage (>14mi/gallon). More reliable.
By benny1296
on 02/28/14 05:48 AM (PST)

Hi bluefishblitz - I'm wondering if you could elaborate on the "module went for my tranny"? I have an 07 Grand Cherokee, and it will RANDOMLY not start and the dash will say "Transmission Over Temp" - it is currently 8 degrees in Ohio...and it has been saying this for 12 hours. Just curious.