2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: My wife is now the coolest soc

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

My wife is now the coolest soccer mom!
By Bob on

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Bought almost new (4300 miles) and my wife and I love it! Traded in a 2003 Suburban Z71 and not looking back. Same fuel economy, no third row (we didn't need it), but the SRT8 is easier to park and way more fun to drive. My wife was considering the BMW X5 and the Lexus RX350, but she always had a soft spot for the older Grand Cherokees. I pointed out the SRT8 had better seats and better performance than the X5 (she's an aggressive driver for a girl :) and she didn't believe me. One test drive and she was hooked. I wasn't looking forward to driving a minivanish Lexus or even the more performance Bimmer (and I own a 540i.) But this is truly a vehicle that both of us love driving!

Exterior styling, throaty exhaust, 420 horses, all wheel drive, uconnect Bluetooth handsfree, nav with Sirius and backup camera, backup proximity sensors, remote start, 20" five spoke wheels, seats-mirror-pedals-radio presets for two drivers linked to each remote, incredible handling.

Larger gas tank. Has 300 mile range compared to 26 gal on our Suburban for 425 miles. Also consider you're going to be buying premium gas. The improvements most people are asking for though are already existent in lesser models of Grand Cherokees (better gas mileage, back seat, quieter, etc.) Love it!