hate this car2007 jeep gran cherokee
By amaysinone2 on
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
worst car every. nothing but troubles.stops running when it chooses to. almost got killed when it stoped running on the freeway. shift module needs to be replaced ,car has 44,000 on it. i will never, ever buy another chrysler veh. they need to have a recall on this. i guess we will have to get the state in it or some good lawyers.chrysler wont admit its a problem,and they wont help anyone with this. thats why they will always be no.3 this has been a nightmare,im afraid to drive it,never know when it will decide to stop or go. all the money i put out for this car and it sits in the driveway. come on guys STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF THIS.after all we bailed you out.
By volksforlife
on 06/26/12 15:43 PM (PDT)

Had the same problem with a Hyundai. Dealership had no clue what it was so did my own research and found a recall but for a different motor. I told them I wanted this recall done, finally after a lot of complaining they did it and it fixed the problem. All they had to do was zip tie the Mass Air Flow Sensor wire over to get them from shaking causing erratic readings in the computer, in which the car would change the fuel to air mixture wrong and would snub the motor. I know how you all feel especially when going around a turn and the power steering goes out and then you are fighting the engine more than a vehicle without power steering. Hope this helps.

By tah35
on 03/01/12 13:14 PM (PST)

i have the exact same issue with my 2007 jeep grand cherokee i have about 62,000 mi on it now.i leased it for 4 years and then decided to finace it.with no problems for the first couple of years i thought this was a good car.now 1 year into finacing it this same thing is happening please did ypu ever gey your car fixed?

By mrs_c
on 05/13/13 10:04 AM (PDT)

I've had issues with the shifter assembly as well. Fortunately nothing life threatening, but when it goes out the drive gears (2nd, 3rd, low 4WD) go out. This part seems to have about a 50k mile life. Have had to replace twice in 108k miles. Maybe that's why they only offer 35k warranties. And it's quite expensive. However, for what we need it for the repairs are still considerably less than what it would cost to replace since car prices just keep going up and up and up. And the fancy LED lights in the dashboard? Would have to replace the entire assembly (of course). My husband's Subaru has twice the mileage and has never had to replace a light in the dash.

By alison7292
on 05/12/12 07:36 AM (PDT)

This used to happen to me all the time. Once I was driving on the highway to Charlotte with my family and the car just stopped in left lane. I thought we were going to be killed. After I was able to get us safety I called the dealership and they said can you bring it in. I was 5 hours away. I told them I would bring it in when I returned they said hmm, well we probably can't replicate the problem which was the third time they had told me that. They only tried to check the car once. I should have insisted they take the car back in 2007 because now the transmission has to be rebuilt which was probably the issue all along. There needs to be a class action law suit for them to fix this issue before people die. Maybe we should start a facebook page about the issue because I have seen it on other websites. Facebook seems to be the way to unite people and get a complaint heard?