2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Consider something else

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Consider something else
By Kirill on

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I come from all-Japanese car background (our second family car is Honda Accord). My JGC was leased because of the terrific deal, and this is the only good thing about the Jeep ownership. I will gladly join other mad reviewers about the sluggishness of the transmission: it often "refuses" to shift gear for 4-5 seconds, unless I press the accel. pedal all the way to the floor. What a joke?! My other complaints: predatory gas consumption, weak engine for the weight of the body, cheap interior appointments, skimpy storage volume in the hatch (my friend's Honda CR-V, which is a compact SUV, can fit more items in its hatch), dull doors that spring back after opening, unless one sticks out a foot.

Favorite Features

Refined ride, turning dynamics, and traction control. Jeep's famous "grip of the road" during poor driving conditions.

Suggested Improvements

To be honest, I don't see any point in this car for city/suburban purposes, especially with relatively small load volume and notorious gas consumption. Unless one truly needs a top-of-the- line Jeep for serious off-roading, I stongly suggest checking utility vehicles at competitors' dealerships.