2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Always Wanted an Overland

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Always Wanted an Overland
By blankster on

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Jeep; the prior ones were a 2001 Limited and a 2004 Limited. Each time I bought one there was general improvement in features, comfort and reliability. This 2007 Overland is a huge jump over the 2004. Ride and handling are much improved. The interior seems more spacious and quieter. The new features (backup camera & remote start) are now must haves on my list. The power of the 5.7 Hemi over the previous 4.7 is very noticeable. Fuel economy is in the same range as the 4.7 (still improving as I put more miles on it). Overall a much improved and refined vehicle - less truck like than the previous generation. Looking forward to going on a long trip with this one.

Hemi power, backup camera, remote start, power fold-in mirrors and smartbeam headlamps, strong brakes. Independent front suspension really improves the ride.

Add tilt-down in the side mirrors when shifting to reverse (like my 300C). HID lights would be nice - I upgraded to Xenon bulbs - big improvement.