Absolute Worst Vehicle and Overall Experience EVER!
By xyz33 on
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
Bought a "pristine" 2007 Jeep GC (5.7 Hemi) used with about 35k miles less than a year ago. The vehicle has spent more time at the dealership service center than on the road. It stalls in motion and at stops without warning, causing power steering and brakes to go out. I've taken the Jeep to two different dealerships a total of 6 times now and the stalling is worse than ever. I have also filed complaints with Chrysler and NHTSA, with no recourse (neither have even contacted me back). This is the most dangerous and unreliable vehicle on the road. With thousands of other people experiencing the same stalling issue, I guess it will take someone's death before anyone takes action.
Favorite Features
None. Sits in the shop most of the time, so it very rarely gets driven.
Suggested Improvements
The entire powertrain and electrical systems needs to be re-engineered. The vehicle is full of little mechanical and electrical gremlins that even qualified Jeep mechanics can't figure out the problem. Having owned other Jeeps in the past that were great vehicles, this shows Chrysler's move to mass produce the most unsafe and unreliable vehicles on the road. Rather than throwing them billions of our tax dollars, we should have let these crooks go out of business.
By pineridgellp
on 05/27/14 10:22 AM (PDT)

After 2 years in and out of the shop for the exact same problem, we discovered a loose ground wire. Check it. The problem was fixed easily and forever.

By hale86
on 09/21/11 09:32 AM (PDT)

If you don't mind my asking...where are you located in the US? I am in KS and there is an 07 Jeep GC 5.7L Hemi V8 that was just traded in...I test drove it yesterday...I am looking for a good RELIABLE V8 SUV to purchase and loved the looks of this one. However...on reading your review...it popped out at me. The carfax I got showed two owners with the last owner only having it for a year and purchased it around 35K miles...it now has 51K mi. Please, if this was your car...I do not want to purchase it with all these problems. Let me know. Thanks!

By xyz33
on 09/21/11 14:34 PM (PDT)

Hale86 - I'm on the East Coast. Definitely not my Jeep, because mine is sitting at the dealership service center as we speak...trying yet another fix. All I can say is I've had a horrible experience with the Jeep, but then again, I see tons of them on the road every day. If you search the Jeep forums, a lot of people have had good experiences and love their WK. However, mine, as well as quite a few others out there, are the definition of a lemon. Just be careful with your purchase, do your research, and be prepared in case something does come up. Good luck!

By xyz33
on 10/19/11 14:37 PM (PDT)

Butterfly1957 - Sorry to hear your having the same problem. I know its very frustrating. Unfortunately, I'm still having the stalling issues, so I'm not aware of any fix. My Jeep has been in and out of the dealership for over 4 months now (total of 8 times). I suggest filing a complaint directly with Chrysler (check the Jeep website for contact info). A case officer from Detroit will get in touch with you and will help facilitate getting the issue resolved. Might take a few phone calls with Chrysler, but I found they'll eventually get their engineers involved and will push the dealership to take action. Like I said before, my Jeep still isn't fixed, but at least they're trying different fixes now rather than saying there's nothing they can do without a DTC (check engine light/code). There are a lot of us out there, so I'm hoping Chrysler will eventually figure it out. Good luck!

By 07gc
on 10/31/11 14:28 PM (PDT)

Sorry to hear of your issues. I've had mine since new and have none of the issues described, just taken in for regular maintenance. Good luck as I've always had good experiences with Jeep warranty in past.

By butterfly1957
on 10/03/11 18:34 PM (PDT)

Hey to both of you from WV....SAME EXACT problem here with our purchase of a 2007 Jeep Gr CH, 30,000 miles. Was driving home at 10:30 one night and BOOM -- just cut-off at 55 mph!! Could not even pull off the road! We were on our way home from eastern shore and so lucky it did not happen on the DC Beltway where it could have been fatal! I have made three payments, and it has been in the shop half that time. Is there now. First, they spent 3 hours fixing a security-malfunction. (Evidently it thought it was being stolen and killed the engine! Yeah, right, while I was driving it!!) Then it wouldn't start at all 2 times after it had been parked at work all day. I am SO frustrated. We have owned four Jeeps and NEVER had problems. Hubby is totally disabled(due to stroke) so I MUST have a dependable vehicle and they just DO NOT CARE. If you have any info on who I can contact, please let me know. I have emailed President of dealership where purchased and never heard a word. Mechanics keep saying it isn't "acting up " for them so they can't fix it! HELP...and thanx!!