2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Vinyl seat failure
By 4th jeep on 04/20/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Beware of 1960's quality vinyl used on the seats. I have leather with vinyl trim on the sides of the seat and back. At 45,000 miles the cheap vinyl started to crack and is slowly deteriorating. Not cool for this day where some vinyls look and wear better than leather.

Not worth the price
By dazedgrl on 04/16/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in madly love with my green Jeep grand Cherokee 2 years ago. I've taken amazing care of her hoping that this would be the vehicle to last me the next 10 years. At my last oil change it was noticed my battery was seriously corroded. Last week I started it up and ended up with a funny rattle. I let the Jeep warm up like usual but when I backed out of the driveway and pushed on the gas nothing happened. I was stuck in the road. Took it to the dealership and they say nothing is wrong. A week later it wouldn't start it was towed to the dealership. They said it was my battery but still having issues with it hesitating you push the gas. I've been stranded twice in the last two weeks.

Great Jeep!
By Ray on 03/04/09 20:54 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven Jeeps since 1998. Started with Cherokee and purchased my first Grand Cherokee in 2004. December 2006 I purchased a 2007 Overland. This is a great SUV. Nice design improvements and noticeable change in suspension from the 2004. Had some problems with the CD player and ended up changing it out on warranty. Great in the snow, but all of the jeeps I had were. Love the wooden steering wheel in the Overland. Interior now is similar to a loaded Limited. Not much difference between a 2009 loaded limited and an Overland. I have the 5.7 hemi. City/highway runs about 15.5 mpg. GPS is great, but the newer versions have a 3D mode, which is better. 2007 improved the ease of folding rear seat

First Jeep
By jamesjones_det on 01/26/09 11:47 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first Jeep I've ever bought and to be honest for a winter vehicle I don't think I'll ever buy anything else. I've driven several SUVs and trucks and I have to say by far the Jeep Cherokee is the absolute best vehicle I've ever driven in the Snow. The 5.7 eats through the gas though I would recommend maybe going with the 3.7 or 4.7 if your worried about gas millage. With the 5.7L this vehicle can really move but again 14 MPG is a little steep when gas prices are high.

Where to go
By Transmission Problem on 01/22/09 09:50 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my forth JGC last Fall. A disappointment for sure. The first two JGC I bought were sturdy, spirited and were mostly maintenance free. I bought a 2005 JGC vehicle (used w/20K miles), the transmission failed within two weeks. I was able to get it refurbished under a recall notice. This car continued to be a problem with leaking transmission and delayed/sluggish acceleration. I traded this one in for a new 2007 JGC believing that my former problems were because that vehicle was used. Not true. My new JGC sporadically has had strange transmission problems. On two occasions the transmissions cutout during a rain storm, the dealer has not been helpful.

safety concerns
By osterholzer on 12/27/08 19:58 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2007. Two relatively minor problems were repaired by the dealer, one a rattle in the roof due to a loose wire bundle, and a leaking transmission. The serious problem with this car is an inexplicable engine stall during driving and the dealer has been unable to diagnose the problem. This car has stalled suddenly at all speeds to 60 mph, and is clearly dangerous to drive. I have contacted Chrysler, and so far no resolution. If there are others with the same problem, please notify Chrysler immediately.

Not Reliable Like The Old Jeeps!
By Tangman on 12/13/08 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep from a lease return. I have had it a month and electrical problems, latch open problems, replaced sensor discharging battery (can't find the problem why) and engine light coming on, and the dealership said its something to do with traction control? problem not solved yet, it has left me on the side of the road 3 times, not starting because of these problems, have replaced the battery, never solved problem yet. I am disabled and can't walk without use of a Walker or canes, I bought this, to have a reliable vehiclle. I had a 2004 ranger with 340,000 miles on it, that never broke down on me once in 8 years. I had a 1998 Jeep before that I loved, what happened to the quality!

Great Driving Experience
By Joe on 12/06/08 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Far and away the most enjoyable and useful car to drive that I have had. (I've had many) Very smooth, quiet and maneuverable, and sure footed; perfect for the Western N.Y. snow belt in which I reside. I did have a vibration in the drive train which was remedied under warranty by replacing the front drive shaft The dealership was very obliging and helpful. Got over 20 MPG on a recent 8500 mile road trip road around the country. While other reviewers have expressed some negative comments about their Grand Cherokee my experience has been entirely positive.

Pretty Much Just Amazing
By Justin on 11/17/08 05:53 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The only problems I have had with the vehicle was the door sills, the were kind of popping up and the seat cushions did something funky and it looked weird. The dealership replaced the door sills and we haven't had a problem with it and they also replaced all the leather front and back even though the problem was only in the front, they did a pretty good job but not great. The problem with the seats is kind of back but I guess that's the nature of the beast. It has great acceleration and is comfortable, we take it on long 300-500 mile trips and its a dream. I would highly recommend this SUV if you don't mind a SUV gas mileage.

Disappointed 2007 2x4 Laredo 3.7L 6 cyl
By RGLydy on 11/15/08 09:10 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only 24,000 miles and already have a tranny leak! Don't care for the transmission(French Made)they put in this jeep, they should have kept the 4.0 liter engine, and (USA Made) transmission. I forty years old, and have a 2X4 model, I don't beat or abuse it in any way. I all so don't like the delay in the acceleration to the engine. I'd buy a Chevy next time.