Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

FLOOD in Nashville! How i got around...
By Hollisterdude127

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo v6 about 4 months ago with 20k miles on it. The Jeep is pretty awesome, I am a first time Jeep owner and will probably be a Lifetime Jeep owner after owning this one. I live in Nashville and we just had a horrible flood, this Jeep got me around everywhere I needed to go. I trust it, I love it! I would recommend to anyone considering a smaller SUV. I get about 20.5 mpg city/highway combined.

Can literally go anywhere.

Maybe work on the MPG.

not happy with this one
By Laura

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd JGC i had a 98,02 and now the 07 never had a problem til now. I was waiting for the green light and went to go and my car wouldnt move I had my foot on the gas and it just barely moved then it reved it and went, This happened 3 times already and It is very scary! no more jeeps after this one!!!

I like the exterior

nice to have heated seats, has blind spots!

Very disappointed
By Lisa Davidson

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought with only 64 miles. Now I have 32,000 miles it just quit on the highway on my way to my cancer treatment. The dealership said it will cost $5,000.00 to fix. I am very disappointed I have always bought Chrysler products all my family works and have retired from there. No more they will not work with me and I'm done.

2006-07 NAV system is garbage
By paul brenner

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a used Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited- under warranty, and the DVD nav system is pretty poor. the maps loaded up from factory doesn't show neighborhoods that have been in use since the 80's, new roads since the 80's, etc. The Dealer update DVD -$200 doesn't guarantee the date of the maps either. The Ebay version - watch out! IF they're selling the original OEM, it still doesn't help. I have the SUV under warranty and the maps are not covered! I can't warn you enough about how poor Chrysler/Jeep did with this arrangement - customer is always cheated -no complete maps when new, $200 update has no guarantees! My $80 Tom Tom surpasses this junk system.

proven wheelbase. if the NAV Support/Downloads were better, I'd really enjoy this SUV.

Update all maps before end of warranty. Make CURRENT maps downloadable from web site - either mopar or ?

2007 Jeep Cherokee Needs to be Recalled
By Chicago

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2007 Grand Jeep Cherokee in November 2009. I have taken it back to the CarMax three times for the same problem. Vehicle mysteriously will fail to accelerate while driving or delay in shifting gears. (Once, it happened to me when I was entering the highway from an on ramp. I was forced to put the hazards on and pray someone did not run into me.) CarMax said they fixed it when they replace the shift module, but it happened again. This time the vehicle slowed down and then just cut off. I don't feel safe driving this anymore. I could have been seriously injured or killed.

Recall the vehicle.