Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Very disappointed
By Lisa Davidson

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought with only 64 miles. Now I have 32,000 miles it just quit on the highway on my way to my cancer treatment. The dealership said it will cost $5,000.00 to fix. I am very disappointed I have always bought Chrysler products all my family works and have retired from there. No more they will not work with me and I'm done.

2006-07 NAV system is garbage
By paul brenner

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a used Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited- under warranty, and the DVD nav system is pretty poor. the maps loaded up from factory doesn't show neighborhoods that have been in use since the 80's, new roads since the 80's, etc. The Dealer update DVD -$200 doesn't guarantee the date of the maps either. The Ebay version - watch out! IF they're selling the original OEM, it still doesn't help. I have the SUV under warranty and the maps are not covered! I can't warn you enough about how poor Chrysler/Jeep did with this arrangement - customer is always cheated -no complete maps when new, $200 update has no guarantees! My $80 Tom Tom surpasses this junk system.

proven wheelbase. if the NAV Support/Downloads were better, I'd really enjoy this SUV.

Update all maps before end of warranty. Make CURRENT maps downloadable from web site - either mopar or ?

2007 Jeep Cherokee Needs to be Recalled
By Chicago

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2007 Grand Jeep Cherokee in November 2009. I have taken it back to the CarMax three times for the same problem. Vehicle mysteriously will fail to accelerate while driving or delay in shifting gears. (Once, it happened to me when I was entering the highway from an on ramp. I was forced to put the hazards on and pray someone did not run into me.) CarMax said they fixed it when they replace the shift module, but it happened again. This time the vehicle slowed down and then just cut off. I don't feel safe driving this anymore. I could have been seriously injured or killed.

Recall the vehicle.

Electronics Problems
By pixeek02

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a Jeep Cherokee for over 35 years, buying a new Jeep every 4 years or so. I have a 2007 JGC that has frustrated me (and the dealership) beyond all limitations. It seems NOTHING is ever covered by the warranty unless it is convenient. The paint is peeling off numerous places (even the roof, go figure) and that is considered normal wear and NOW the biggie. I have spent over $2500 & at least 4 weeks in the shop to repair an electrical lock & alarm/tire pressure system not working/bright lights working at random problem that (it seems) cannot be repaired by any technician (nor engineer) from the factory. They have replaced module after module (yes, at my expense) to no avail.

Heated seats and Jeep turning radius. But NEVER NEVER again. I'm looking at a BMW next.

Move the passenger handles back to reachable area above the door.

Once upon a lemon
By steve

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car with 8 miles on odom. Lucky we bought warranty. Replaced transmission module in early 08 after numerous arguments with dealer, can't replicate problem. Very scary feeling not being in control of your vehicle. Jan 10 same transmission issue shuttered and shook at 20 miles an hour pulled into station. Shut off for 5 minutes, hasn't happened sense. The Windows, etc to list other obvious issues with vehicle. Looks are deceptive on this one. Run from this lemon

exterior look, Rubicon underbody on rocky mountain edition.

make vehicle safe to drive