Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

FLOOD in Nashville! How i got around...
By Hollisterdude127

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo v6 about 4 months ago with 20k miles on it. The Jeep is pretty awesome, I am a first time Jeep owner and will probably be a Lifetime Jeep owner after owning this one. I live in Nashville and we just had a horrible flood, this Jeep got me around everywhere I needed to go. I trust it, I love it! I would recommend to anyone considering a smaller SUV. I get about 20.5 mpg city/highway combined.

Can literally go anywhere.

Maybe work on the MPG.

not happy with this one
By Laura

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd JGC i had a 98,02 and now the 07 never had a problem til now. I was waiting for the green light and went to go and my car wouldnt move I had my foot on the gas and it just barely moved then it reved it and went, This happened 3 times already and It is very scary! no more jeeps after this one!!!

I like the exterior

nice to have heated seats, has blind spots!

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
By Jacques Guertin

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

In spite of a few reliability issues (e.g., occasional erratic A/C and occasional erratic power), this car is built like a tank and accelerates 0 to 60 in about 4.8 s! For a 5,000 lb SUV for less than $50k, this is fantastic. It also handles well and is less prone to roll over than many other SUVs. And, it looks good too. I would not hesitate buying another.

Power, handling.

Rear seating area should be enlarged by perhaps 6 inches and the rear seats need to be higher (for leg comfort). Of course, you would have to add more power to compensate for the extra car length. Finally, use graphite, titanium, and magnesium to lighten the car and get better gas mileage.

Very disappointed
By Lisa Davidson

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought with only 64 miles. Now I have 32,000 miles it just quit on the highway on my way to my cancer treatment. The dealership said it will cost $5,000.00 to fix. I am very disappointed I have always bought Chrysler products all my family works and have retired from there. No more they will not work with me and I'm done.

2006-07 NAV system is garbage
By paul brenner

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a used Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited- under warranty, and the DVD nav system is pretty poor. the maps loaded up from factory doesn't show neighborhoods that have been in use since the 80's, new roads since the 80's, etc. The Dealer update DVD -$200 doesn't guarantee the date of the maps either. The Ebay version - watch out! IF they're selling the original OEM, it still doesn't help. I have the SUV under warranty and the maps are not covered! I can't warn you enough about how poor Chrysler/Jeep did with this arrangement - customer is always cheated -no complete maps when new, $200 update has no guarantees! My $80 Tom Tom surpasses this junk system.

proven wheelbase. if the NAV Support/Downloads were better, I'd really enjoy this SUV.

Update all maps before end of warranty. Make CURRENT maps downloadable from web site - either mopar or ?