2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
No accelleration
By Amy on 07/27/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have JUST started having problems like everyone is describing, stepping on the gas and no acceleration. Malfunction light came and I just happen to be at my mechanics, he ran diagnostic and said it was definitely a problem with the transmission. That was last week and the light has gone off and it running just fine, again. Thankfully. FOR NOW! That was scary!

Hate this Jeep
By John D. on 07/14/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4,3. 7 liter v-6. This is not the first Jeep I've owned but will probably be the last. It has been to the dealer 3 times in the last 6 months for the same problem. Driving down the road no matter what speed it does not stall but the computer drops it down to 20 mph and the engine will shutter. Sometimes it will correct itself and sometimes if you turn the car off and restart it it clears what ever the problem is. Dealer says they cant reproduce the problem. All I know is that this thing is dangerous. My wife was driving in heavy traffic and it cut out on her in 65 mph traffic and she almost got rear ended. Has anyone else had this problem?

Disappointed
By mattg22 on 07/14/09 08:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle for two reasons: the style, both interior and exterior; and the positive experiences of my in laws and their multiple past Grand Cherokees. Unfortunately, I will not be recommending Jeep to anyone. My factory warranty expired less than two months ago, and all my problems have appeared since then. The passenger side power window "up" doesn't work properly. The window stops mid way everytime. The power steering has been making groaning noises for the past week or so. The outdoor thermometer has been permanently stuck at 86 degrees for a few weeks. With less than 40,000 miles, and problems appearing almost daily...this vehicle has been a complete disappointment.

fly by wire
By crazieglued on 06/27/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It takes a special sort of person to drive a Jeep. If you drive it like a Toyota, you will probably hate it. If you have had Jeeps previously, you know the "when the weather gets ca-ca you pull your select/command trac lever". Not so in this. First time that all time 4WD is at the base model. *Even though the machine delivers top notch treacherous road handling ability, you will forget that its an all time, all wheel drive vehicle and still reach for the lever.* Electronic Gas Pedal is very fickle!It gets confused going up/dwn rolling hills, almost as if it doesnt know if its going up or down the hill, same thing when accelerating at speeds 25-40 mph, I.E. getting on highways from onramps.

My JGC 2007 is a problem.
By jayyme on 06/12/09 10:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Between 40-45mph my JGC 07 stops accelerating. Hesitates for up to 10 seconds, then finally gets going again. After owning the car for 6 weeks, I was turning onto a highway and all the power cut off. Pulled over and couldn't get it to start. No electricity either. Let it sit for a few minutes, and it started again. Took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem, so they didn't fix anything. Today, it jerked hard when I put it into drive. Barely got down the street at 20mph- turned around- and it sluggishly made it back to the driveway. This is a 2 year old car! We owned 2 other Jeeps that were great. This one is undependable and I'm pretty disgusted.

lucky to be alive
By Max561 on 06/07/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

If you own 2007 Cherokee be very careful. A year ago I turned onto a very busy road and lost all acceleration, with the peddle to the floor all I could get to was 15 mph. I took the Jeep in and they said nothing was wrong and informed me it was most likely bad gas. Apparently this was not the case as it continued to happen almost weekly, and now a year later it happens several times a day. I have had my jeep in service several times for this and they always tell me there is nothing wrong. Someone please give me some advice, I am in a position where I can not sell and I don’t have the money to buy a second car. I feel I am putting myself and other drivers at risk every time I get in my jeep.

so many design flaws
By B on 05/20/09 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned and loved a 2000 Grand Cherokee, purchased a 2007 after my warranty had run out...big mistake! 1.doors spring back 2.cannot remove cups holder for cleaning 3.even when heat should only be on feet, is blowing strongly from defrost 4.difficult to adjust mirrors because knob too close to door 5.low head clearance when entering vehicle 6.hard to vacuum 7.not enough spring in back door 8.must lean to middle onto console to feel A.C. in face, vents do not adjust toward driver These are all very small issues but annoying everyday items that may prevent me from purchasing another Grand Cherokee.

wow
By badasdart on 04/26/09 04:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased new, first thing was the vibration. Started at 55mph. We took it back they replaced the tires 11 times(they were out of round). did not help. they replaced the dry shaft (bent) the rear end(crack)and the front wheel(crack)the Heated seats quit the windows quit the gas gage quit, the winshield leaked,they could not figure what caused this. Headlined was reuined, Exaust leaked, they fixed the wiring problem. it kept shorting out. it was in the shop 9 out of 11 months of ownership. my third jeep and very disappointing. I love jeeps, they recalled mine and purchased a different one.

Love it!!
By Jeepster on 04/25/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Jeep as a demo with 6k miles on it. Has been a great car since then. I follow the maintenance schedule religiously, and the only problem i've had is the front window regulator, which was quickly replaced under warranty at an oil change. I find coupons on the jeep website for a $21.95 oil change and tire rotation, which is great. I really love this car, it is fun to drive, the perfect size, and i average 17.7 mpg is soley city driving! Runs great on regular fuel. It is the perfect car for me. I cannot wait for the 2011 version to come out, i am hooked on Jeeps!

Vinyl seat failure
By 4th jeep on 04/20/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Beware of 1960's quality vinyl used on the seats. I have leather with vinyl trim on the sides of the seat and back. At 45,000 miles the cheap vinyl started to crack and is slowly deteriorating. Not cool for this day where some vinyls look and wear better than leather.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.