Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2007 3.7 L Grand Laredo, 26X package
By samc

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall very nice ride on long trips and off road. Exterior paint/ interior hard plastic Quality is marginal. So far, no mechanical problems. Had heated seat harness replaced due to a short. If you are looking for a good family roadster and off road vehicle this is your SUV.

Favorite Features

Very comfy on long trips. Excellent off road capabilities. Very stable drive.

Suggested Improvements

Gas consumption(14/20) is poor for a V6 and not as advertised (17/21). V6 Pick up is not very good either. Window controls are poor.

Car won't start multiple times
By SRubin1957

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee from CarMax in Dec, 2009. It has been to the dealership 3 separate times due to failure to start. First time they could not duplicate; second time they replaced a wireless control module; third time they replaced an ignition module. It needs to be towed tomorrow. It won't start again. No more Jeeps. I am terribly disappointed.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability needs to be vastly improved.

Not Sure About This One Yet
By aodell

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Is my third JGC, had a 98 and 04 prior. Recently purchased and still not used to the differences between this one and the 04 that I traded. Not sold on the new 3.7 L engine (bring back the 4.0!)and am a little nervous driving it after reading all the reviews on here about shifter/acceleration problems. Exterior looks good and it seems solid built but interior a little tacky and the seats do stain terribly. Doesn't have as much room. Kind of doesn't feel like a Jeep compared to the old one. Avg. 18 mpg and rides smoother than 04. Have to wait and see on this one.

Favorite Features

acceptable gas mileage, nice stereo, looks pretty good, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights should be standard at this price, bring back the 4.0 engine!, oil pressure gauge, better interior materials, more headroom, and the 4WD Low option

My first lemon
By Amelia

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Jeep with only 3 miles on it. I, too, have experienced the uncertainty of whether the Jeep will accelerate and the windows I think are possessed. The dealership tells me "We can't reproduce these problems". Now, as the final insult, the engine "has thrown a rod" and I am expected to pay between $7,000-8,000 to get this fixed. I do not have all of my oil change receipts. I am told the oil was 2 quarts low. The oil was changed 5 weeks before the engine blew. No engine light came on, no oil light, no warning. I will never buy another Jeep product. For the money I have spent, I should be driving this vehicle for more than 3 years.

Favorite Features

None

Great So Far
By Rman

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Jeep Grand Cherokee has been great so far. It handled the snow really well this winter, and it is smooth on the highway. The heated leather seats are fantastic, and the interior is well-designed and comfortable for both driver and passengers. I had the same problem with the shift module as other reviewers, but the dealership replaced it free of charge and the transmission has been problem free ever since.

Favorite Features

Boston Acoustic speakers sound great! Heated seats, sun-roof, 4WD and the comfortable leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

More power with the V6.