Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Would Not Start
By Michael

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 1 week ago but is in shop today. Won't turn over; dead - nothing. All dash lights and power windows worked. Dealer has not found the problem. My waiting continues. Jeep has only 31,700 miles! I have and have had other Jeeps. Not sure about this one.

Style and All Wheel Drive feature

If there is a know existing problem Chrysler should have a recall and fix the problem.

Not Happy
By nanmar

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just outside warranty period. Had to replace the gear module. It cost $1100.00. I called Jeep, they were very rude. This is my second Jeep, will be my last. I do not recommend Jeep to anyone. They have really gone down hill.

Just purchased a lease
By flixx

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle after driving it as a lease the last few years (I know, not a great financial decision but I did not know that I was going to purchase at the time). Had few miles on it and I really loved the vehicle. Gets through the snow in amazing fashion. Had to get to the hospital on Christmas Day in Omaha, NE after a huge storm and had no problem at all with no streets plowed. Have driven it on road trips all around with no issues. Rides well in the city, country roads or interstate. Very comfortable. Have had no mechanical issues (knock on wood) with this vehicle unlike what I have seen with other reviews. I am extremely pleased with this Jeep and would recommend it.

Ride. Interior. Stability in the snow. Love the Hemi engine. I also just like how it looks. Very reliable for me in cold winters or hot summers here in Omaha, NE. no problems with the numerous potholes all around our city.

Gas mileage is awful but better on the interstate but what do you expect from a Jeep. I saw that the new Jeep has a Mercedes frame which should be an improvement.

Another one to add to the bunch
By MM

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 07 Jeep brand new. It has had one MAIN issue for 2 years- the slow to accelerate/transmission issue. Along with this issue is a constant on/off of check engine light. On several occasions, I'm driving & the car will suddenly lose acceleration and all of my gear options are blocked out IE: P, d, r, n as if the car doesn't know which gear it to be in. I have to pull over, turn it off and back on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. A year ago after my 4th trip to the dealership with 31,000 miles on it they FINALLY replaced the Elec. Shift Module-said it was a government covered warranty? A year later -started all over again.Dangerous as hell and What a LEMON!

Excellent 4WD in the snow! Handles like a chard in rough NE winters!

Recall needed asap. My first and last Jeep ever!

Stalling
By resdeb72

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new but had in shop only two weeks later. Stalls and won't move. All dash lights stay on and have to turn off then restart and usually corrects the problem. dealer can't find problem. The stalling continues. Now have 33,000 miles and go to start it one day and battery blows up! Sitting at dealer as I write this. Stay away from this vehicle!

Style and ride.

Chrysler needs to fix the electrical problems or take it out of production. Have called Chrysler direct and they ignore me once they discovered the problem was electrical. Wrote manufacturer a letter and no response. Service stinks and Chrysler does not back its product!