2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Electronic Problems
By Eric on 12/16/09 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

3 Times to the dealer for electronic problems. Front windows would roll up and make a loud clunk, limit switch/motors needed to be replaced. Heated seat stopped working, dealer fixed by replacing part. Current problem is rear left taillight stops working intermittently. Car has low mileage and is not exposed to bad weather, anyone else having these problems?

good looks poor performance
By lou on 12/16/09 00:44 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this suv with 20,000 miles and that's when the problems started the biggest problem is sometimes when the traffic light changes from red to green and I try to accelerate it wont go it needs 3-5 sec's to finally go, very poorly designed interior very BASIC (like a car from the 80's) no options, seats also stained very easily. Don't like the gas guzzling all wheel drive all the time I would Rather have the shifting option, sadly based on dealership customer service and Chrysler products this is the last Jeep I'll own.

KEEP AWAY
By Brian on 12/13/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Keep away from the JGC. I had a 2004 JGC and loved it. replaced for new model in 2007. After I bought this SUV I had horrible noise coming from outside after 30mph. Had to take in 3 times for them to redo weather stripping because it was not fastened at factory. Horrible blind spots. Cheap plastic interior. Auto windows don't work when it rains and Chrylser wont fix it under warranty? Cloth seats stain when water gets on them. This has been a known problem since 2005 but Chrysler won't fix. No leg room in back seats. Horrible gas milage for a V6. This 2005 and up model is a huge let down compared to the 1999-2004 model. No wonder Chrysler went under

Battery Problems
By S Fryer on 12/06/09 21:12 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am pleased with this vehicle. BUT I am about to put a third new battery in. First one dealer claimed sun roof was drawing power, second - no explanation, but there was no water in battery (one week after general service) - going in for service again tomorrow - one month after second battery replacement. Good thing this is a leased vehicle and can be returned!

Excellent Ride
By Paul on 11/29/09 06:16 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The jeep has all the power it needs with the V-6. Acceleration is good even on a hill. Better gas mileage is only found in smaller SUV's.This one is just average like it's competitors. I love the size and fit of the cabin layout. My six foot plus sons ride in the back very comfortably. I would recommend one as my sister did to me.

Acceleration Problems
By Kathy on 11/23/09 11:33 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in September 09 even though the reviews here mentioned acceleration issues, stalling and electric problems on the '07's. 3 weeks into owning the car the CHECK ENGINE light came on and the car stalled at 10mph/ 2RPM it wouldn't move no matter how hard I pressed the gas! I took it to the dealer and they replaced my gear shift Modual under warranty. Without a warranty it would have cost me $1,000! UNBELIEVABLE. Jeep needs to RECALL the gear shift modual on these cars before someone dies from losing power on the road.

HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE
By craig on 11/03/09 21:58 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only get around 12 mpg in town with v6, has stalled several times and goes 15 or 20 miles an hour then mysteriously fixed itself, if your bigger than 5,6" its hard to get into. Terrible rear visibility. Worst of all, don't get the cloth seats, there impossible to keep clean, even water stains them. Stereo sounds good though.

bad car
By bailey on 10/21/09 08:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When placing my Jeep gear it will jerk real hard, then when pushing on the gas the Jeep will hesitate and lose all power, I too drive to work in heavy traffic I am scared to death that I will be in a fatal accident, last year I took this Jeep to the dealership and explained what the Jeep was doing he explained to me it was bad gas, it now does this a lot, I once again took it into the dealership he explained to me this time that it was the transmission module which of course is not covered in Chrysler wonderful life-time powertrain warranty how Nice this is going to cost me a pretty Penny, so I have been reading on all these complaints about the same problem come on Chrysler recall

Never Again...
By Kevin on 08/31/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my 2nd JGCL. I previously owned a 2004 JGCL and loved it, never a problem. However I currently own the last Jeep I'll ever own. Bought new off the lot 19 mths ago and it's been in the shop 4 times. First the windows would randomly roll down on their own. The back window gate latch will not catch, have to slam SEVERAL times to get it to catch. Several times a week it will stall around 20mph, no matter how hard you stomp the gas...was fixed, now a reoccurring problem. Now at 42,000 miles, I just got it out of the shop today due to the water pump, fan belt, and thermostat. Of course it's still under the powertrain warranty, but it's about to find itself another owner!

3rd Jeep
By Jerry on 08/20/09 20:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Jeep, I love them and my only complaint is that I waited so long to purchase one. I brought this one is 2007; I have not had any problems oil change regularly and it keeps me moving. I have to drive all over the Lancaster county for my job, I might start my day off at one end of the county and finish my day a the other end and my jeep always gets the job done no matter if I travel highways or dirt roads. Fuel is another story, but I am not willing to give up a car I love for money. I'm looking forward to the 2011; they are changing the body again, it looks smooth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.