2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
My first lemon
By Amelia on 06/10/10 02:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Jeep with only 3 miles on it. I, too, have experienced the uncertainty of whether the Jeep will accelerate and the windows I think are possessed. The dealership tells me "We can't reproduce these problems". Now, as the final insult, the engine "has thrown a rod" and I am expected to pay between $7,000-8,000 to get this fixed. I do not have all of my oil change receipts. I am told the oil was 2 quarts low. The oil was changed 5 weeks before the engine blew. No engine light came on, no oil light, no warning. I will never buy another Jeep product. For the money I have spent, I should be driving this vehicle for more than 3 years.

Great So Far
By Rman on 05/31/10 18:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Jeep Grand Cherokee has been great so far. It handled the snow really well this winter, and it is smooth on the highway. The heated leather seats are fantastic, and the interior is well-designed and comfortable for both driver and passengers. I had the same problem with the shift module as other reviewers, but the dealership replaced it free of charge and the transmission has been problem free ever since.

FLOOD in Nashville! How i got around...
By Hollisterdude127 on 05/07/10 13:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo v6 about 4 months ago with 20k miles on it. The Jeep is pretty awesome, I am a first time Jeep owner and will probably be a Lifetime Jeep owner after owning this one. I live in Nashville and we just had a horrible flood, this Jeep got me around everywhere I needed to go. I trust it, I love it! I would recommend to anyone considering a smaller SUV. I get about 20.5 mpg city/highway combined.

not happy with this one
By Laura on 04/27/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd JGC i had a 98,02 and now the 07 never had a problem til now. I was waiting for the green light and went to go and my car wouldnt move I had my foot on the gas and it just barely moved then it reved it and went, This happened 3 times already and It is very scary! no more jeeps after this one!!!

Very disappointed
By Lisa Davidson on 04/07/10 07:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought with only 64 miles. Now I have 32,000 miles it just quit on the highway on my way to my cancer treatment. The dealership said it will cost $5,000.00 to fix. I am very disappointed I have always bought Chrysler products all my family works and have retired from there. No more they will not work with me and I'm done.

2006-07 NAV system is garbage
By paul brenner on 04/02/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a used Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited- under warranty, and the DVD nav system is pretty poor. the maps loaded up from factory doesn't show neighborhoods that have been in use since the 80's, new roads since the 80's, etc. The Dealer update DVD -$200 doesn't guarantee the date of the maps either. The Ebay version - watch out! IF they're selling the original OEM, it still doesn't help. I have the SUV under warranty and the maps are not covered! I can't warn you enough about how poor Chrysler/Jeep did with this arrangement - customer is always cheated -no complete maps when new, $200 update has no guarantees! My $80 Tom Tom surpasses this junk system.

2007 Jeep Cherokee Needs to be Recalled
By Chicago on 04/01/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2007 Grand Jeep Cherokee in November 2009. I have taken it back to the CarMax three times for the same problem. Vehicle mysteriously will fail to accelerate while driving or delay in shifting gears. (Once, it happened to me when I was entering the highway from an on ramp. I was forced to put the hazards on and pray someone did not run into me.) CarMax said they fixed it when they replace the shift module, but it happened again. This time the vehicle slowed down and then just cut off. I don't feel safe driving this anymore. I could have been seriously injured or killed.

Electronics Problems
By pixeek02 on 03/26/10 21:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a Jeep Cherokee for over 35 years, buying a new Jeep every 4 years or so. I have a 2007 JGC that has frustrated me (and the dealership) beyond all limitations. It seems NOTHING is ever covered by the warranty unless it is convenient. The paint is peeling off numerous places (even the roof, go figure) and that is considered normal wear and NOW the biggie. I have spent over $2500 & at least 4 weeks in the shop to repair an electrical lock & alarm/tire pressure system not working/bright lights working at random problem that (it seems) cannot be repaired by any technician (nor engineer) from the factory. They have replaced module after module (yes, at my expense) to no avail.

Once upon a lemon
By steve on 03/21/10 23:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car with 8 miles on odom. Lucky we bought warranty. Replaced transmission module in early 08 after numerous arguments with dealer, can't replicate problem. Very scary feeling not being in control of your vehicle. Jan 10 same transmission issue shuttered and shook at 20 miles an hour pulled into station. Shut off for 5 minutes, hasn't happened sense. The Windows, etc to list other obvious issues with vehicle. Looks are deceptive on this one. Run from this lemon

Shifter Module Defect
By mh on 03/14/10 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Jeeps all my life, and I must say, I am very disappointed with the overall reliability of the new Grand Cherokees. With only 45,000 miles on my vehicle, Chrysler told me that they won't cover the replacement cost of my defective Shifter Module. A local dealer told me that he sells so many of these modules that he personally knew the part number off of the top of his head, yet Chrysler will not admit to a defect with it. The estimated cost to repair is $1025.00 (incl tax/parts/labor). This is just embarrassing. I will never buy another Jeep/Chrysler product again. I guess I've just got to 'buck up' and buy the Honda Pilot. You get what you pay for, as I've always been told.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.