Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Excellent Ride - Envy of neighborhood
By alexcooke

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem I have had is I had to replace the starter at 40,000 miles. Vehicle looks and is tough.

I am almost embarrassed to think that some of the reviewers don't realize that the shifter actually "bump-shifts" left and right to override the automatic transmission. This is why they all of a sudden find themselves in 2nd gear, on the highway, for instance. They accidentally down-shifted by bumping the shiter a couple of times. In fact, this is my favorite feature, as I can easily up and down shift when necessary. But for those who like to drive with their hand resting on the shifter, look out!

None.

Love my 07 larado
By kilikachris

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

bought this on a trade in from a 04 sable LOVE IT :) i grew up around jeeps dad has always owned one figured what the hell 77,000 miles on it havent had a problem even if there was its all easy to fix :) it's my daily driver.... i dont see how half of you complain about this jeep i'm starting to think it's the driver more then the jeep sorry my opinion

four wheel drive comfort and room power

NONE :)

hate this car2007 jeep gran cherokee
By amaysinone2

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

worst car every. nothing but troubles.stops running when it chooses to. almost got killed when it stoped running on the freeway. shift module needs to be replaced ,car has 44,000 on it. i will never, ever buy another chrysler veh. they need to have a recall on this. i guess we will have to get the state in it or some good lawyers.chrysler wont admit its a problem,and they wont help anyone with this. thats why they will always be no.3 this has been a nightmare,im afraid to drive it,never know when it will decide to stop or go. all the money i put out for this car and it sits in the driveway. come on guys STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF THIS.after all we bailed you out.

Hoped it wouldnt be me!
By cook_415

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I read these reviews..but with most reviews, there good and bad. I bought my Jeep in May 11,in 3 weeks I started having check engine lights,it wouldnt shift or accelerate.Had it looked at a 3 different places & finally took it to the Jeep Dealership,they replaced a transmission sensor,$1600-not covered by my warranty.3 weeks after I got it back,driving down the interstate, in a.m. rush hour 65mph, when I sped up to get over & exit the interstate,the Jeep jumped so hard I thought I had hit something.It had shifted itself into 2nd while I was going 65mph. I had to pull over to get out of oncoming traffic.Now the service dept says it the 2nd gear ration & valve cover. So dangerous-Not worth it!

I love my Jeep, It's an American Classic! I purchased a Laredo with all the bells and whistles. So to have to get rid of it because I cant rely on it drives me insane!

Recall, Recall, Recall

Great SUV - no issues
By 07gc

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a great car to own and drive.

Car has been mechanically sound and I've only had to bring it into dealer for regular maintenance.

Very confident handling in snow and solid feel to drive.

Only recommendation in AWD is to rotate tires every 5K miles for even wear.

Solid handling and confident ride. Side airbags Felt safe having wife and kids in this car. Mp3 jack and Boston Acoustic stereo have been great!

Outside temperature in panel display