2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Manual shift and display problems
By Vince M on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After reading some of the reviews here I realized that Daimler-Chrysler had a design flaw in transmission/electrical systems in 2007 Jeep Grand. At 24,000 miles our dealership replaced a transmission module to correct the slow acceleration problem. At 60,000 miles the manual shift option no longer functions at all . The dash warning light systems light up like a Christmas tree for no reason while driving and the check engine light goes on and off for no apparent reason. I saw several reviews describing the same problems and wonder what can be done if the dealerships can't find the cause.No doubt Daimler bailed out because they suspected big problems on the Horizon. A major recall is needed

Would Not Start
By Michael on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 1 week ago but is in shop today. Won't turn over; dead - nothing. All dash lights and power windows worked. Dealer has not found the problem. My waiting continues. Jeep has only 31,700 miles! I have and have had other Jeeps. Not sure about this one.

Not Happy
By nanmar on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just outside warranty period. Had to replace the gear module. It cost $1100.00. I called Jeep, they were very rude. This is my second Jeep, will be my last. I do not recommend Jeep to anyone. They have really gone down hill.

Just purchased a lease
By flixx on 09/01/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle after driving it as a lease the last few years (I know, not a great financial decision but I did not know that I was going to purchase at the time). Had few miles on it and I really loved the vehicle. Gets through the snow in amazing fashion. Had to get to the hospital on Christmas Day in Omaha, NE after a huge storm and had no problem at all with no streets plowed. Have driven it on road trips all around with no issues. Rides well in the city, country roads or interstate. Very comfortable. Have had no mechanical issues (knock on wood) with this vehicle unlike what I have seen with other reviews. I am extremely pleased with this Jeep and would recommend it.

Another one to add to the bunch
By MM on 08/18/10 16:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 07 Jeep brand new. It has had one MAIN issue for 2 years- the slow to accelerate/transmission issue. Along with this issue is a constant on/off of check engine light. On several occasions, I'm driving & the car will suddenly lose acceleration and all of my gear options are blocked out IE: P, d, r, n as if the car doesn't know which gear it to be in. I have to pull over, turn it off and back on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. A year ago after my 4th trip to the dealership with 31,000 miles on it they FINALLY replaced the Elec. Shift Module-said it was a government covered warranty? A year later -started all over again.Dangerous as hell and What a LEMON!

Stalling
By resdeb72 on 08/16/10 14:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new but had in shop only two weeks later. Stalls and won't move. All dash lights stay on and have to turn off then restart and usually corrects the problem. dealer can't find problem. The stalling continues. Now have 33,000 miles and go to start it one day and battery blows up! Sitting at dealer as I write this. Stay away from this vehicle!

Step up and recall your mitakes
By t buck on 08/05/10 23:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just had 2 window motors go out and they want me to not only fix the motor but to fix their mistake and replace the windows as well. This needs to be a recall. I have owned Dodge product since 67 i have a new challenger and this jeep .My son has a 97 jeep with the death wobble that wasn't recalled. I am a Senior citizen on a fixed income with 2 fairly new cars I bought them not to have these kind of nightmares . Come on and step up and fix this problem. Just like the government did for you. They didn't help you so you could make junk and not stand behind it you want people to buy American then stand up and do whats right!

2007 3.7 L Grand Laredo, 26X package
By samc on 08/04/10 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall very nice ride on long trips and off road. Exterior paint/ interior hard plastic Quality is marginal. So far, no mechanical problems. Had heated seat harness replaced due to a short. If you are looking for a good family roadster and off road vehicle this is your SUV.

Car won't start multiple times
By SRubin1957 on 07/11/10 15:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee from CarMax in Dec, 2009. It has been to the dealership 3 separate times due to failure to start. First time they could not duplicate; second time they replaced a wireless control module; third time they replaced an ignition module. It needs to be towed tomorrow. It won't start again. No more Jeeps. I am terribly disappointed.

Not Sure About This One Yet
By aodell on 06/17/10 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Is my third JGC, had a 98 and 04 prior. Recently purchased and still not used to the differences between this one and the 04 that I traded. Not sold on the new 3.7 L engine (bring back the 4.0!)and am a little nervous driving it after reading all the reviews on here about shifter/acceleration problems. Exterior looks good and it seems solid built but interior a little tacky and the seats do stain terribly. Doesn't have as much room. Kind of doesn't feel like a Jeep compared to the old one. Avg. 18 mpg and rides smoother than 04. Have to wait and see on this one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.