Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Hoped it wouldnt be me!
By cook_415

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I read these reviews..but with most reviews, there good and bad. I bought my Jeep in May 11,in 3 weeks I started having check engine lights,it wouldnt shift or accelerate.Had it looked at a 3 different places & finally took it to the Jeep Dealership,they replaced a transmission sensor,$1600-not covered by my warranty.3 weeks after I got it back,driving down the interstate, in a.m. rush hour 65mph, when I sped up to get over & exit the interstate,the Jeep jumped so hard I thought I had hit something.It had shifted itself into 2nd while I was going 65mph. I had to pull over to get out of oncoming traffic.Now the service dept says it the 2nd gear ration & valve cover. So dangerous-Not worth it!

Favorite Features

I love my Jeep, It's an American Classic! I purchased a Laredo with all the bells and whistles. So to have to get rid of it because I cant rely on it drives me insane!

Suggested Improvements

Recall, Recall, Recall

Great SUV - no issues
By 07gc

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a great car to own and drive. Car has been mechanically sound and I've only had to bring it into dealer for regular maintenance. Very confident handling in snow and solid feel to drive. Only recommendation in AWD is to rotate tires every 5K miles for even wear.

Favorite Features

Solid handling and confident ride. Side airbags Felt safe having wife and kids in this car. Mp3 jack and Boston Acoustic stereo have been great!

Suggested Improvements

Outside temperature in panel display

Absolute Worst Vehicle and Overall Experience EVER!
By xyz33

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a "pristine" 2007 Jeep GC (5.7 Hemi) used with about 35k miles less than a year ago. The vehicle has spent more time at the dealership service center than on the road. It stalls in motion and at stops without warning, causing power steering and brakes to go out. I've taken the Jeep to two different dealerships a total of 6 times now and the stalling is worse than ever. I have also filed complaints with Chrysler and NHTSA, with no recourse (neither have even contacted me back). This is the most dangerous and unreliable vehicle on the road. With thousands of other people experiencing the same stalling issue, I guess it will take someone's death before anyone takes action.

Favorite Features

None. Sits in the shop most of the time, so it very rarely gets driven.

Suggested Improvements

The entire powertrain and electrical systems needs to be re-engineered. The vehicle is full of little mechanical and electrical gremlins that even qualified Jeep mechanics can't figure out the problem. Having owned other Jeeps in the past that were great vehicles, this shows Chrysler's move to mass produce the most unsafe and unreliable vehicles on the road. Rather than throwing them billions of our tax dollars, we should have let these crooks go out of business.

2007 Cherokee stalling/accelerating problems
By 07jeepgrandch

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Cherokee brand new in 2006, immediately began having problems... the same as most complaints on here. My jeep would lose power, fail to accelerate over 30mph, fail to start, check engine light goes on & off, all dash lights come on & off. This began before 30,000 miles so the dealer replaced the ignition switch under warranty, that worked great for 20k+ miles but the problem began again recently. PLEASE report your issues to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. 100's if not 1,000s of people are complaining of this problem online and Chrysler needs to be held responsible for it. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/

Worst car EVERRR!!!
By heather2007

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee brand new right off of the lot so that I would not have to worry about having car troubles. This car has been nothing but troubles! First it started stalling right after I would begin driving. I took it in and they replaced the ESM module. Then one year later it began stalling again, once while I was going 70 mph on the highway! So, I took it in again... and they replaced the ESM module... Again! I filed a complaint with Chrystler and they said that if it happens again they will look into it. Well, 6 months later, my car randomly won't start and is stalling more frequently than ever. They say they can't find anything wrong with my car. It won't start!!