3 years later
By luvjeepsrt on
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)
Purchased new early '08 with every option. My 3 year check in-54k miles. 7 brake jobs, odd considering it was 90% highway driving....27 incidents of check engine light coming on-2 pcm's replaced, 2 exhaust manifold gaskets, various cracked pieces of plastic broken while at the dealer while being repaired that will cost a fortune to replace (dealer of course denies). Never driven it rough, never had an accident. Dealer experiences hit and miss, most see unable to address SRT issues and how to fix properly.
Favorite Features
The good-My rear tires lasted 40k miles but went through 4 sets of front tires. I have averaged 17.8 mpg on road trips and 12.8 in town. It is still a head turner and fun to drive when it is not at the dealership being fixed. I look forward to the VVT 6.4 for 2012!
Suggested Improvements
Better brakes-(I know, it weighs a ton and Brembos are supposed to be great....) Jeep needs to be much more proactive with customer issues with SRT's.
By disgustedagain
on 08/08/13 09:14 AM (PDT)

Not Starting and Stalling - Two Different problems. I had The JEEP Dealer replace 2 Starters that were rebuilds with the same problem. Bad spot on the Commutator. It will work until the starter spins daon, and lands on the dead spot. Very common Starter problem. I found this out when AAA banged on the bad Starter and it took off and Started the car. The Stalling is a completely different issue. The Dealer should make it good.