2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great SUV - no issues
By 07gc on 10/31/11 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a great car to own and drive. Car has been mechanically sound and I've only had to bring it into dealer for regular maintenance. Very confident handling in snow and solid feel to drive. Only recommendation in AWD is to rotate tires every 5K miles for even wear.

Absolute Worst Vehicle and Overall Experience EVER!
By xyz33 on 09/19/11 07:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a "pristine" 2007 Jeep GC (5.7 Hemi) used with about 35k miles less than a year ago. The vehicle has spent more time at the dealership service center than on the road. It stalls in motion and at stops without warning, causing power steering and brakes to go out. I've taken the Jeep to two different dealerships a total of 6 times now and the stalling is worse than ever. I have also filed complaints with Chrysler and NHTSA, with no recourse (neither have even contacted me back). This is the most dangerous and unreliable vehicle on the road. With thousands of other people experiencing the same stalling issue, I guess it will take someone's death before anyone takes action.

2007 Cherokee stalling/accelerating problems
By 07jeepgrandch on 08/01/11 06:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Cherokee brand new in 2006, immediately began having problems... the same as most complaints on here. My jeep would lose power, fail to accelerate over 30mph, fail to start, check engine light goes on & off, all dash lights come on & off. This began before 30,000 miles so the dealer replaced the ignition switch under warranty, that worked great for 20k+ miles but the problem began again recently. PLEASE report your issues to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. 100's if not 1,000s of people are complaining of this problem online and Chrysler needs to be held responsible for it. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/

Worst car EVERRR!!!
By heather2007 on 03/24/11 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee brand new right off of the lot so that I would not have to worry about having car troubles. This car has been nothing but troubles! First it started stalling right after I would begin driving. I took it in and they replaced the ESM module. Then one year later it began stalling again, once while I was going 70 mph on the highway! So, I took it in again... and they replaced the ESM module... Again! I filed a complaint with Chrystler and they said that if it happens again they will look into it. Well, 6 months later, my car randomly won't start and is stalling more frequently than ever. They say they can't find anything wrong with my car. It won't start!!

This vehicle stinks!
By kim2008 on 02/02/11 14:52 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle new and have had nothing but issues with it. My husband and I have had it towed twice (should have towed it a third time but we limped it into the service department). This vehicle gave out on a busy highway in the passing lane late one night on my way home from work. On another trip the car would not shift out of 1st gear (this was one week after it was supposedly fixed). While driving, the car will suddenly drop into first or second gear. Sometimes when shifting from reverse to drive, the car just seizes up and won't do anything. Today, the car won't even start. I can't wait to trade it in and purchase a Ford. Much more reliable and many less headaches.

DEATH TRAP!!!
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

DO NOT BUY A JEEP!! I puchased my 2007 Jeep only 3 months ago and it has stalled 6 times since, leaving me in near death experiences.I just grduated from college and wanted a reliable car...Jeep isn't it. I took all these reviews for granted, thinking it would not happen to my Jeep...it did and I ALMOST DIED because of it. Jeep will stall on HWYS, roads, or just pulling out of drive way. DO NOT BUY!!! We should have let Chrysler go bankrupt, and then we would all be better off and driving cars that are actually safe!

07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By Laura on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 3rde Jeep that I have owned 98,04 and now the 07. I have never had so many problems. After a month of owning it my jeep would not accelerate for at least 5-10 seconds, I ended up having a shifter module put into it, It was fine for about 2 months, Now I am having the same problem AGAIN. It will not accelerate, Thank god this time I wasn't on the highway! A few people have the same year and model and there jeep just randomly shuts off on them. I will never buy a jeep again. They need to do a recall. Looks like almost everyone is having the same issues.

Problems
By David on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Hope this helps someone else. I had electrical issues with this vehicle. Dead wont start. Change the ignition module. Mine went out around 30,000 and now again. Tow package for lights not wired correct. Was told it was my trailer wiring. WRONG! It is the wiring and electric in this vehicle. Blower motor for fan went out the other day. This vehicle is a lemon.

Customer service nonexistent
By JF on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

July 17th was told I needed a part for 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo under warranty. Problem with shifting of the vehicle. Told my part would be in on Sept 23. Waiting over 2 months. Called Customer Service and keep getting switched from 1 department to another with no results. Was told my part was High Priority. When finally speaking to someone I am now told my part won't be in til Nov 11. I finally get them to pay for a rental, the cheapest they can get away with. Now they tell me the dealer will only pay for a 5 day rental and they can only pay for 14 days. They are to supply parts for a vehicle under warranty and it's not my fault they don't have the part. Why should I be without a car.

Need to recall
By Amy on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep used last year with 24,000 miles on it. Up until now it has been absolutely wonderful. However,a few weeks ago I started experiencing loss of acceleration when turning. Then this week, I took a left turn and it would not accelerate at all. I ended up rolling to the other side of the road and was luckily able to pull over. Today I spent $950.00 replacing the electronic shift module. The car has currently only 37,000 miles which of course is just out of warranty. I am very disappointed to learn after the fact that this is a common problem. There needs to be a recall on this vehicle. This is a serious safety hazard.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.