Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

wow
By badasdart

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased new, first thing was the vibration. Started at 55mph. We took it back they replaced the tires 11 times(they were out of round). did not help. they replaced the dry shaft (bent) the rear end(crack)and the front wheel(crack)the Heated seats quit the windows quit the gas gage quit, the winshield leaked,they could not figure what caused this. Headlined was reuined, Exaust leaked, they fixed the wiring problem. it kept shorting out. it was in the shop 9 out of 11 months of ownership. my third jeep and very disappointing. I love jeeps, they recalled mine and purchased a different one.

The power, the options, mine was loaded. the radio was amazing. People say that is gets bad milage but power like this it is worth it.

Test drive before sale, also new car dealerships should stand behind the product, they would not even give me a loaner car. they said it was fixed and there mechanics were not allowed to go over 55mph in a vehicle,my vibration started at 55mph,ended up at another dealer, who went above and beyound.

Love it!!
By Jeepster

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Jeep as a demo with 6k miles on it. Has been a great car since then. I follow the maintenance schedule religiously, and the only problem i've had is the front window regulator, which was quickly replaced under warranty at an oil change. I find coupons on the jeep website for a $21.95 oil change and tire rotation, which is great. I really love this car, it is fun to drive, the perfect size, and i average 17.7 mpg is soley city driving! Runs great on regular fuel. It is the perfect car for me. I cannot wait for the 2011 version to come out, i am hooked on Jeeps!

Turning radius, and smoothness of the ride. I also love the large side mirrors!

I have a base laredo, and wish i had heated seats!!

Vinyl seat failure
By 4th jeep

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Beware of 1960's quality vinyl used on the seats. I have leather with vinyl trim on the sides of the seat and back. At 45,000 miles the cheap vinyl started to crack and is slowly deteriorating. Not cool for this day where some vinyls look and wear better than leather.

Not worth the price
By dazedgrl

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in madly love with my green Jeep grand Cherokee 2 years ago. I've taken amazing care of her hoping that this would be the vehicle to last me the next 10 years. At my last oil change it was noticed my battery was seriously corroded. Last week I started it up and ended up with a funny rattle. I let the Jeep warm up like usual but when I backed out of the driveway and pushed on the gas nothing happened. I was stuck in the road. Took it to the dealership and they say nothing is wrong. A week later it wouldn't start it was towed to the dealership. They said it was my battery but still having issues with it hesitating you push the gas. I've been stranded twice in the last two weeks.

Lots of style, great stereo system- I love the fact I can play cd, mp3 plus plug in my ipod, easy controls, traction control is great.

Needs to be mechanically reliable especially for the price of the vehicle.

Great Jeep!
By Ray

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven Jeeps since 1998. Started with Cherokee and purchased my first Grand Cherokee in 2004. December 2006 I purchased a 2007 Overland. This is a great SUV. Nice design improvements and noticeable change in suspension from the 2004. Had some problems with the CD player and ended up changing it out on warranty. Great in the snow, but all of the jeeps I had were. Love the wooden steering wheel in the Overland. Interior now is similar to a loaded Limited. Not much difference between a 2009 loaded limited and an Overland. I have the 5.7 hemi. City/highway runs about 15.5 mpg. GPS is great, but the newer versions have a 3D mode, which is better. 2007 improved the ease of folding rear seat

auto start