Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Vinyl seat failure
By 4th jeep

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Beware of 1960's quality vinyl used on the seats. I have leather with vinyl trim on the sides of the seat and back. At 45,000 miles the cheap vinyl started to crack and is slowly deteriorating. Not cool for this day where some vinyls look and wear better than leather.

Not worth the price
By dazedgrl

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in madly love with my green Jeep grand Cherokee 2 years ago. I've taken amazing care of her hoping that this would be the vehicle to last me the next 10 years. At my last oil change it was noticed my battery was seriously corroded. Last week I started it up and ended up with a funny rattle. I let the Jeep warm up like usual but when I backed out of the driveway and pushed on the gas nothing happened. I was stuck in the road. Took it to the dealership and they say nothing is wrong. A week later it wouldn't start it was towed to the dealership. They said it was my battery but still having issues with it hesitating you push the gas. I've been stranded twice in the last two weeks.

Lots of style, great stereo system- I love the fact I can play cd, mp3 plus plug in my ipod, easy controls, traction control is great.

Needs to be mechanically reliable especially for the price of the vehicle.

Great Jeep!
By Ray

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven Jeeps since 1998. Started with Cherokee and purchased my first Grand Cherokee in 2004. December 2006 I purchased a 2007 Overland. This is a great SUV. Nice design improvements and noticeable change in suspension from the 2004. Had some problems with the CD player and ended up changing it out on warranty. Great in the snow, but all of the jeeps I had were. Love the wooden steering wheel in the Overland. Interior now is similar to a loaded Limited. Not much difference between a 2009 loaded limited and an Overland. I have the 5.7 hemi. City/highway runs about 15.5 mpg. GPS is great, but the newer versions have a 3D mode, which is better. 2007 improved the ease of folding rear seat

auto start

Improve CD player

First Jeep
By jamesjones_det

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first Jeep I've ever bought and to be honest for a winter vehicle I don't think I'll ever buy anything else. I've driven several SUVs and trucks and I have to say by far the Jeep Cherokee is the absolute best vehicle I've ever driven in the Snow. The 5.7 eats through the gas though I would recommend maybe going with the 3.7 or 4.7 if your worried about gas millage. With the 5.7L this vehicle can really move but again 14 MPG is a little steep when gas prices are high.

Power and handling.

The interior is a little weak. It's not horrible but it does look a little plasticy.

Where to go
By Transmission Problem

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my forth JGC last Fall. A disappointment for sure. The first two JGC I bought were sturdy, spirited and were mostly maintenance free. I bought a 2005 JGC vehicle (used w/20K miles), the transmission failed within two weeks. I was able to get it refurbished under a recall notice. This car continued to be a problem with leaking transmission and delayed/sluggish acceleration. I traded this one in for a new 2007 JGC believing that my former problems were because that vehicle was used. Not true. My new JGC sporadically has had strange transmission problems. On two occasions the transmissions cutout during a rain storm, the dealer has not been helpful.

I missed the "old" Jeeps - the new versions quality don't compare.

The acceleration and transmission need improvement. The acceleration is choppy/delayed and the transmission can be a problem periodically. Who can help - I'm still within the 3yr warranty, but the dealer sees no problem with the transmission.