2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Alpine Navigation Radio Rear Camera Bust
By RobertB on 01/08/07 17:11 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The AWD has a heavy draggy feel, especially turning. There is no manual switch on the rear camera (unlike RV), so no way to monitor a trailer via camera. It's instant off, so if you pull up, you lose the view. Objects are much closer than they appear. Adjusting the brightness of the nav unit is possible, but no adjust for when in radio mode, except ineffective dash brightness. I have a towel taped over the dash as all settings are way too bright at night. Per tech there is no way to turn off the display. Per dash computer, MPG has been a disappointing 11.5 MPG over the first 300 miles. Roadside coverage is watered down - no coverage for lockouts, flats or gas.

Love's it
By Joe on 01/08/07 10:56 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Jeep purchased, actually it's even my first SUV. I've always had 4 and 2 door cars. I brought the car because I've always loved Jeep's styling and invoice minus $3,500 rebate helped me love it even more. Gas mileage is OK, I guess I didn't expect hybrid like mileage. Has the truck for about 2 weeks, loving it so far. Had the dealership reverse the tires so its completely blackwall, they forgot to put the stem caps on and now my TPSM is going nuts and the steering wheel shakes at above 50mph. Don't know if that is the cause or not but I scheduled a service appointment. If you're looking for a good SUV, that is comfortable, affordable, and fun to drive, definitely test drive this truck.

SRT* Cherokee
By D.Brisson on 01/07/07 18:33 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Sold an Escalade for this SUV. Superfast, Car and driver reviews say 13.40 in the 1/4. Sounds great, spotty build quality with paint and plastic. Great performance, great handling rides like a performance car should, not for the person who wants to ride on an air cushion. Gets a lot of attention at lights and parking lots. Stops on a dime with the huge brakes.

2006 Overland
By Jim on 01/02/07 13:44 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I use this Jeep for weekend driving from CT to NH and use it off road quite a bit. It's is a joy to drive on the highway. It's fast for an SUV but a tad torquey around town (lots of head snapping) with the family and dog in the car. It's quite capable off road but doesn't seem as tough as the 2001 Jeep I had or my Tahoe Z71 with a heavy duty suspension. It also gets worse gas mileage than my Tahoe. If you have to choose between a larger SUV and this one I would chose the Tahoe over the Overland.

Good but?
By Rockie on 12/28/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I loved the performance - wife did not like the transmission. Went to an Acura MDX. Now back to the Grand Cherokee - lots of vehicle for the money. Great options with the limited package. The 4.7 V8 is not as spirited as in the 2000? Watch Chrysler - newspaper cited a significant recall for the 2007 Grand Cherokee - dealer's service department did not address this recall concerning loss of electronic brake function, antilock brake system, traction control and speedometer functions. Given the dealer apathy, I doubt I would be too quick to buy another Chrysler Product.

Grand Cherokee Hemi
By garsarno on 12/25/06 13:10 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Hemi engine option is the way to go. The power is smooth along with the ride. The ride is very car-like and the end of the year deals made it a great buy. It is slightly lower and less roomy than our 2004 Mountaineer but the redesign in 2005 improved the Jeep. Handles well, gas mileage down but that is because I like the exhaust sound and the ability to go with it being new and not broken in yet (only 300 miles on the odometer). The navigation system and Sirius radio helps along with the standard remote start system makes this SUV a standout. Drive the 4.7 V8 first and then drive the Hemi - you will be sold.

Always Wanted an Overland
By blankster on 12/14/06 06:59 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Jeep; the prior ones were a 2001 Limited and a 2004 Limited. Each time I bought one there was general improvement in features, comfort and reliability. This 2007 Overland is a huge jump over the 2004. Ride and handling are much improved. The interior seems more spacious and quieter. The new features (backup camera & remote start) are now must haves on my list. The power of the 5.7 Hemi over the previous 4.7 is very noticeable. Fuel economy is in the same range as the 4.7 (still improving as I put more miles on it). Overall a much improved and refined vehicle - less truck like than the previous generation. Looking forward to going on a long trip with this one.

Made for 2 Adults and 3 kids
By Vinmark on 10/25/06 07:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Pros: Power, ride quality , driver position, handling and all the cool high tech features (cameras (yes there are 2!), auto climate, lights etc.) Cons: Rear seats seem to have been made only for kids...or really tiny adults. I am less than average build (5'8") and I would not want to sit in the rear seat for even a short duration. Stereo sound is not center balanced...wonder if a dealer could make that adjustment.

Great vechicle
By First time SUV owner on 10/05/06 20:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love the ride in the Cherokee. It feels really smooth like a car. I hardly feel bumps in the road. I love the exterior design of the Jeep.

So Far So Good
By Thomas on 10/05/06 20:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Jeep I have purchased. Overall it has been very good. 8000 miles to date so it is still new. A/C will whistle with the medium fan setting. Ride is great. Power is good. Have the Rocky Mountain Package which makes the Laredo more of a Limited. No real complaints to this point. I would recommend this Jeep to other potential buyers.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.