Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Hate this Jeep
By John D.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4,3. 7 liter v-6. This is not the first Jeep I've owned but will probably be the last. It has been to the dealer 3 times in the last 6 months for the same problem. Driving down the road no matter what speed it does not stall but the computer drops it down to 20 mph and the engine will shutter. Sometimes it will correct itself and sometimes if you turn the car off and restart it it clears what ever the problem is. Dealer says they cant reproduce the problem. All I know is that this thing is dangerous. My wife was driving in heavy traffic and it cut out on her in 65 mph traffic and she almost got rear ended. Has anyone else had this problem?

Favorite Features

Exterior styleing,bright headlights

Suggested Improvements

reliability,gas milage 14-17 highway

Disappointed
By mattg22

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle for two reasons: the style, both interior and exterior; and the positive experiences of my in laws and their multiple past Grand Cherokees. Unfortunately, I will not be recommending Jeep to anyone. My factory warranty expired less than two months ago, and all my problems have appeared since then. The passenger side power window "up" doesn't work properly. The window stops mid way everytime. The power steering has been making groaning noises for the past week or so. The outdoor thermometer has been permanently stuck at 86 degrees for a few weeks. With less than 40,000 miles, and problems appearing almost daily...this vehicle has been a complete disappointment.

Suggested Improvements

Produce a quality vehicle that lasts. The foreign car companies have no trouble with this.

fly by wire
By crazieglued

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It takes a special sort of person to drive a Jeep. If you drive it like a Toyota, you will probably hate it. If you have had Jeeps previously, you know the "when the weather gets ca-ca you pull your select/command trac lever". Not so in this. First time that all time 4WD is at the base model. *Even though the machine delivers top notch treacherous road handling ability, you will forget that its an all time, all wheel drive vehicle and still reach for the lever.* Electronic Gas Pedal is very fickle!It gets confused going up/dwn rolling hills, almost as if it doesnt know if its going up or down the hill, same thing when accelerating at speeds 25-40 mph, I.E. getting on highways from onramps.

Favorite Features

All time 4WD, Suspension ~ keeps the stiff Jeepiness feel. (2) troughs on the hood, (7) spokes on the grill... Less rear transfer case slap, but still there

Suggested Improvements

Traction indicator on the dash (maybe a green color like the fog lamp light)to let me know when the 4WD is taking over. The NOT fly by wire, aka Elec. Gas Ped is the #1 complaint in all the posts, that's why you get no power if you gun it on on onramps or when "kind of" accelerating on mild hills

My JGC 2007 is a problem.
By jayyme

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Between 40-45mph my JGC 07 stops accelerating. Hesitates for up to 10 seconds, then finally gets going again. After owning the car for 6 weeks, I was turning onto a highway and all the power cut off. Pulled over and couldn't get it to start. No electricity either. Let it sit for a few minutes, and it started again. Took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem, so they didn't fix anything. Today, it jerked hard when I put it into drive. Barely got down the street at 20mph- turned around- and it sluggishly made it back to the driveway. This is a 2 year old car! We owned 2 other Jeeps that were great. This one is undependable and I'm pretty disgusted.

Favorite Features

Like the exterior design and driveablity on snow.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration, dependability, gas mileage.

lucky to be alive
By Max561

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

If you own 2007 Cherokee be very careful. A year ago I turned onto a very busy road and lost all acceleration, with the peddle to the floor all I could get to was 15 mph. I took the Jeep in and they said nothing was wrong and informed me it was most likely bad gas. Apparently this was not the case as it continued to happen almost weekly, and now a year later it happens several times a day. I have had my jeep in service several times for this and they always tell me there is nothing wrong. Someone please give me some advice, I am in a position where I can not sell and I donít have the money to buy a second car. I feel I am putting myself and other drivers at risk every time I get in my jeep.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

There is nothing wrong with the transmission and spark plugs have been replaced.