2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
I could have done better
By gamma500 on 07/06/07 06:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Leased this Limited 4.7 AWD..at 1,600 miles had catastrophic transmission failure not uncommon with the Daimler 300 series auto tranny. Opted for new Jeep replacement after they wanted to give back original with drivetrain removed and replaced. 2nd vehicle had a locked rear caliper so I got new rear brakes after a few miles. So-so gas mileage and typical V-8 (USA style) performance, i.e. mediocre which WOT producing a lot of engine thrashing noise but little acceleration. Large A pillars and bulky rear view mirror setup makes for large forward, lt/rt. blind spots. Interior plastic soft and easily scratched, like "soft" exterior paint. Comfortable seating, moderate rear leg room,

1st jeep in 15 years
By Joe on 07/04/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned others SUVs for the past 15 years. This 2007 Jeep is the most elegant of them all. The Jeep is fun to drive and the weight of the vehicle makes you feel safe.

2nd Grand Cherokee..love it so far
By Matt1214 on 06/18/07 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Grand Cherokee. I traded in my 2004 Laredo V6 about 2 months ago and love it so far. Wouldn't even know it was the same vehicle, the improvements are great. After 2,600 miles I have no major complaints. I did have an issue at about 2,100 miles with the vehicle not starting but it, for some reason, just needed a jump. Was going back and forth between the Hemi and the 4.7, but in the end chose the 4.7 Not as quick as I had hoped, but still fine for everyday driving. Averging between 15-16mpg in mainly stop and go traffic. Between returning buyer rebate, a discount through work and the manufacturer rebate, got over $9,000 off sticker.

Third Jeep...best one yet
By Eric on 05/25/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have leased or bought three Jeeps in my life \time. The Overland edition is classy with very clean lines. The Hemi engine fits my need to flex my muscle to a tee.

Almost Bought a Land Rover
By REM on 04/26/07 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What makes the Jeep Cherokee so amazing is how the smooth shifting transmission is combined with a throaty and decently powered V-6. The content and build quality blew the Land Rover LR-2 away. And, the no-nonsense traditional Jeep styling will ensure it never goes out of style. Sorry ladies, but this is the only mid sized SUV that doesn't look like a soccer mom's car.

Love It!
By kcandspaz on 04/18/07 17:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle a couple of weeks ago. Already I love it! I purchased the 5.7 liter V8 flex fuel engine. Gas mileage is as expected (about 17 miles/gal), but the power and comfort can't be beat.

Jeep SRT8 Incredible Performance!
By Brett on 04/05/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Grande Cherokee SRT- 8 two weeks ago and haven't stopped grinning since. The engine note and power is incredible. The seats are really comfortable and really hold you in place. The exterior styling is just right. I also have a BMW X5 4.8is and haven't started it since I bought my Jeep Grande Cherokee SRT-8. This vehicle is a screaming bargain.

FLEX FUEL ENGINE IS AWESOME
By JRS on 02/14/07 20:10 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice to run 105 octane fuel that is the same price as regular. Makes the performance fun, especially in the winter. GREAT SUV!

My wife is now the coolest soccer mom!
By Bob on 02/13/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Bought almost new (4300 miles) and my wife and I love it! Traded in a 2003 Suburban Z71 and not looking back. Same fuel economy, no third row (we didn't need it), but the SRT8 is easier to park and way more fun to drive. My wife was considering the BMW X5 and the Lexus RX350, but she always had a soft spot for the older Grand Cherokees. I pointed out the SRT8 had better seats and better performance than the X5 (she's an aggressive driver for a girl :) and she didn't believe me. One test drive and she was hooked. I wasn't looking forward to driving a minivanish Lexus or even the more performance Bimmer (and I own a 540i.) But this is truly a vehicle that both of us love driving!

WOW!
By Crookster777 on 01/28/07 15:32 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What a great SUV. Looks great. I got the Black/Slate Gray combo. The Hemi is powerful, it runs quiet, the Nav is great. The leather/suede seats are great. Much, much better than my WJ, but I miss it. The Overland attracts a lot of attention. I have received so many compliments and I have only had it for 2 days!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.