2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4X4Laredo 26X
By Sam G on 09/09/07 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way this Jeep handles, and looks inside and out. It is a blast to drive, I feel like a kid again. The V6 3.7L is fine for my driving criteria, however, if you plan on pulling big loads it ainít going to cut it, go with the V8. I have been averaging 12.7 around town and 20 on the highway. The front compartment is very comfortable. The back is average in the comfort department. I love the leather seats and all the other options that go along with the 26X pac

Love the Hemi Soccer Moms need not apply
By cyclone1 on 08/31/07 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in an Acura RSX for the Family Truckster. I also own a Mazda Tribute. The Hemi is a must Have option. I would say that I am very happy so far but I do have a couple of issues. First the warrantee is very limited. With Acura the warranty covered everything up to 50K. This warranty is not even close, so be warned. Also I am wandering if anyone else has noticed what I term fluttering of the engin at low RPMs going up hill? I might be just feeling something that is not there. Finally, your vision is limited with the low profile windows. The SUV has great power. The style is much better than the normal soccer mom SUVs and all the features are useful. For the price this rocks

Jeeps going the way of Chrysler
By Fyffe7 on 08/02/07 04:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving Jeeps for 20 years. My last Jeep was a 1998 Grande Cherokee with the V8. It was my dream car. It was time to get a new Jeep. Wrong! Had the new Jeep for one day. Returned it. The new Jeep canít touch the 1998 except for the Hemi. Where to start. Windows are smaller. Interior is plastic junk for the 35,000-40,000 you are paying. Parking brake needs to be in the driver foot well but it canít because the foot well canít even fit my 2 feet. No rest pad for left foot in foot well. If the jeep had the interior of the Chrysler 300 I would have bought one. Whishing there was a brand new 1998 GC on the lot with a Hemi. Bought a Ford Sport Trac instead

Loyal Jeep Fan
By Bruce on 08/01/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee that my wife and I have leased. My wife leased one in 2001 and we were pleasently amazed how much the body style and ride changed in 2005 when we got another Jeep Grand Cherokee. We just traded the 2005 in for a 2007. Not a lot of changes but the ride is the same and the comfort is the same. I love the Hemi and we enjoy using the Jeep for road trips as it is very comfortable to drive and ride. Winters in Omaha are never a problem with the Jeep. It can get through most any snowfall and stick to the road easily. I never thought I would be this loyal to Jeeps in 2001 when we got our first Jeep GC Limited, but I am now and remain impressed with them.

diesel
By nevin on 07/20/07 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this Jeep, Traded Dodge 2500 diesel for this. Upset with Jeep with Std. Features. When you get Diesel engine, Jeep takes out many Std. Options, Remote start, wood gear shifter,power remote mirrows. Had torn sun visor from factory. Diesel has great pickup, quite. Evertime I fill up @ pumps, people tell me I cant put Diesel in Jeep. This is a fun driver. GPS is old School, wish it had new My Gig.

I could have done better
By gamma500 on 07/06/07 06:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Leased this Limited 4.7 AWD..at 1,600 miles had catastrophic transmission failure not uncommon with the Daimler 300 series auto tranny. Opted for new Jeep replacement after they wanted to give back original with drivetrain removed and replaced. 2nd vehicle had a locked rear caliper so I got new rear brakes after a few miles. So-so gas mileage and typical V-8 (USA style) performance, i.e. mediocre which WOT producing a lot of engine thrashing noise but little acceleration. Large A pillars and bulky rear view mirror setup makes for large forward, lt/rt. blind spots. Interior plastic soft and easily scratched, like "soft" exterior paint. Comfortable seating, moderate rear leg room,

1st jeep in 15 years
By Joe on 07/04/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned others SUVs for the past 15 years. This 2007 Jeep is the most elegant of them all. The Jeep is fun to drive and the weight of the vehicle makes you feel safe.

2nd Grand Cherokee..love it so far
By Matt1214 on 06/18/07 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Grand Cherokee. I traded in my 2004 Laredo V6 about 2 months ago and love it so far. Wouldn't even know it was the same vehicle, the improvements are great. After 2,600 miles I have no major complaints. I did have an issue at about 2,100 miles with the vehicle not starting but it, for some reason, just needed a jump. Was going back and forth between the Hemi and the 4.7, but in the end chose the 4.7 Not as quick as I had hoped, but still fine for everyday driving. Averging between 15-16mpg in mainly stop and go traffic. Between returning buyer rebate, a discount through work and the manufacturer rebate, got over $9,000 off sticker.

Third Jeep...best one yet
By Eric on 05/25/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have leased or bought three Jeeps in my life \time. The Overland edition is classy with very clean lines. The Hemi engine fits my need to flex my muscle to a tee.

Almost Bought a Land Rover
By REM on 04/26/07 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What makes the Jeep Cherokee so amazing is how the smooth shifting transmission is combined with a throaty and decently powered V-6. The content and build quality blew the Land Rover LR-2 away. And, the no-nonsense traditional Jeep styling will ensure it never goes out of style. Sorry ladies, but this is the only mid sized SUV that doesn't look like a soccer mom's car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.