Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

3rd Jeep
By Jerry

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Jeep, I love them and my only complaint is that I waited so long to purchase one. I brought this one is 2007; I have not had any problems oil change regularly and it keeps me moving. I have to drive all over the Lancaster county for my job, I might start my day off at one end of the county and finish my day a the other end and my jeep always gets the job done no matter if I travel highways or dirt roads. Fuel is another story, but I am not willing to give up a car I love for money. I'm looking forward to the 2011; they are changing the body again, it looks smooth.

Favorite Features

Never have to worry abut the weather; resides in Northeast PA and travel for my job.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage; other SUV get better mileage

No accelleration
By Amy

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have JUST started having problems like everyone is describing, stepping on the gas and no acceleration. Malfunction light came and I just happen to be at my mechanics, he ran diagnostic and said it was definitely a problem with the transmission. That was last week and the light has gone off and it running just fine, again. Thankfully. FOR NOW! That was scary!

Hate this Jeep
By John D.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4,3. 7 liter v-6. This is not the first Jeep I've owned but will probably be the last. It has been to the dealer 3 times in the last 6 months for the same problem. Driving down the road no matter what speed it does not stall but the computer drops it down to 20 mph and the engine will shutter. Sometimes it will correct itself and sometimes if you turn the car off and restart it it clears what ever the problem is. Dealer says they cant reproduce the problem. All I know is that this thing is dangerous. My wife was driving in heavy traffic and it cut out on her in 65 mph traffic and she almost got rear ended. Has anyone else had this problem?

Favorite Features

Exterior styleing,bright headlights

Suggested Improvements

reliability,gas milage 14-17 highway

Disappointed
By mattg22

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle for two reasons: the style, both interior and exterior; and the positive experiences of my in laws and their multiple past Grand Cherokees. Unfortunately, I will not be recommending Jeep to anyone. My factory warranty expired less than two months ago, and all my problems have appeared since then. The passenger side power window "up" doesn't work properly. The window stops mid way everytime. The power steering has been making groaning noises for the past week or so. The outdoor thermometer has been permanently stuck at 86 degrees for a few weeks. With less than 40,000 miles, and problems appearing almost daily...this vehicle has been a complete disappointment.

Suggested Improvements

Produce a quality vehicle that lasts. The foreign car companies have no trouble with this.

fly by wire
By crazieglued

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It takes a special sort of person to drive a Jeep. If you drive it like a Toyota, you will probably hate it. If you have had Jeeps previously, you know the "when the weather gets ca-ca you pull your select/command trac lever". Not so in this. First time that all time 4WD is at the base model. *Even though the machine delivers top notch treacherous road handling ability, you will forget that its an all time, all wheel drive vehicle and still reach for the lever.* Electronic Gas Pedal is very fickle!It gets confused going up/dwn rolling hills, almost as if it doesnt know if its going up or down the hill, same thing when accelerating at speeds 25-40 mph, I.E. getting on highways from onramps.

Favorite Features

All time 4WD, Suspension ~ keeps the stiff Jeepiness feel. (2) troughs on the hood, (7) spokes on the grill... Less rear transfer case slap, but still there

Suggested Improvements

Traction indicator on the dash (maybe a green color like the fog lamp light)to let me know when the 4WD is taking over. The NOT fly by wire, aka Elec. Gas Ped is the #1 complaint in all the posts, that's why you get no power if you gun it on on onramps or when "kind of" accelerating on mild hills