Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Most Helpful|
KEEP AWAY
By Brian

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Keep away from the JGC. I had a 2004 JGC and loved it. replaced for new model in 2007. After I bought this SUV I had horrible noise coming from outside after 30mph. Had to take in 3 times for them to redo weather stripping because it was not fastened at factory. Horrible blind spots. Cheap plastic interior. Auto windows don't work when it rains and Chrylser wont fix it under warranty? Cloth seats stain when water gets on them. This has been a known problem since 2005 but Chrysler won't fix. No leg room in back seats. Horrible gas milage for a V6. This 2005 and up model is a huge let down compared to the 1999-2004 model. No wonder Chrysler went under

Favorite Features

Holds up good in an accident. I rear ended some guy (it was his fault actually...lol) and his car was smashed and my JGC only has a minor dent on bumper.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more interior room especially in back seats. Better sight lines because this SUV has the worst blind spots Ive ever seen. New cloth interior to avoid water and sweat stains. Better gas mileage (I get 12 city and 19 hwy). Better customer service. Needs better overall quality and construction.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
By teem86

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep in 2011. The vehicle overall has been given fantastic reviews and to drive and own one is best, however I have been having this one issue. It randomly bucks and the jeep loses power steering, no acceleration and the oil light comes on. Sometimes it can keep running if the gas is slammed on other times it can be restated immediately after it stalls. This issue happened shortly before I got the transmission cooler lines fixed after months of leaking. The jeep also had the Ignition switch replaced twice; once in '10 and then once '12. B2185 & P0884 show up when the computer is scanned. There hasn't been a fix to it yet and it's scary to drive because it's bucked on the highway.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the leather/suede seats, fog lights, rear camera and sensors, towing capabilities, heated seats, moon roof, the hemi engine (sounds fantastic!), trunk space, off road capabilities, dual temperature control, large screen with 6 cds changer and navigation, style and shape of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

put outlets and temperature control in the back of the middle console, Gas guzzler, rear seating space like a wrangler, and I went from a 1999 wrangler to this jeep so I'm not used to or like how the jeep is running all by a computer/computer sensors.

Manual shift and display problems
By Vince M

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After reading some of the reviews here I realized that Daimler-Chrysler had a design flaw in transmission/electrical systems in 2007 Jeep Grand. At 24,000 miles our dealership replaced a transmission module to correct the slow acceleration problem. At 60,000 miles the manual shift option no longer functions at all . The dash warning light systems light up like a Christmas tree for no reason while driving and the check engine light goes on and off for no apparent reason. I saw several reviews describing the same problems and wonder what can be done if the dealerships can't find the cause.No doubt Daimler bailed out because they suspected big problems on the Horizon. A major recall is needed

Favorite Features

I love the colorful array of warning lights that come on for no reason. I like the fact that the speedometer occasionally fails to register vehicle speed and I appreciate not being able to shift manually or close the passenger side window when the electrical systems are in freak out mode.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler /Jeep should admit the problem,identify it and do the recall before someone gets injured or killed...

Jeep SRT8 Incredible Performance!
By Brett

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Grande Cherokee SRT- 8 two weeks ago and haven't stopped grinning since. The engine note and power is incredible. The seats are really comfortable and really hold you in place. The exterior styling is just right. I also have a BMW X5 4.8is and haven't started it since I bought my Jeep Grande Cherokee SRT-8. This vehicle is a screaming bargain.

Favorite Features

Engine's power and sound. Very comfortable seats. Love the back up camera and the Sirius Boston Acoustics sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly tighter steering would be great. Higher level plastic in the interior.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
By Jacques Guertin

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

In spite of a few reliability issues (e.g., occasional erratic A/C and occasional erratic power), this car is built like a tank and accelerates 0 to 60 in about 4.8 s! For a 5,000 lb SUV for less than $50k, this is fantastic. It also handles well and is less prone to roll over than many other SUVs. And, it looks good too. I would not hesitate buying another.

Favorite Features

Power, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seating area should be enlarged by perhaps 6 inches and the rear seats need to be higher (for leg comfort). Of course, you would have to add more power to compensate for the extra car length. Finally, use graphite, titanium, and magnesium to lighten the car and get better gas mileage.