Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Not Sure About This One Yet
By aodell

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Is my third JGC, had a 98 and 04 prior. Recently purchased and still not used to the differences between this one and the 04 that I traded. Not sold on the new 3.7 L engine (bring back the 4.0!)and am a little nervous driving it after reading all the reviews on here about shifter/acceleration problems. Exterior looks good and it seems solid built but interior a little tacky and the seats do stain terribly. Doesn't have as much room. Kind of doesn't feel like a Jeep compared to the old one. Avg. 18 mpg and rides smoother than 04. Have to wait and see on this one.

Favorite Features

acceptable gas mileage, nice stereo, looks pretty good, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights should be standard at this price, bring back the 4.0 engine!, oil pressure gauge, better interior materials, more headroom, and the 4WD Low option

Worst car EVERRR!!!
By heather2007

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee brand new right off of the lot so that I would not have to worry about having car troubles. This car has been nothing but troubles! First it started stalling right after I would begin driving. I took it in and they replaced the ESM module. Then one year later it began stalling again, once while I was going 70 mph on the highway! So, I took it in again... and they replaced the ESM module... Again! I filed a complaint with Chrystler and they said that if it happens again they will look into it. Well, 6 months later, my car randomly won't start and is stalling more frequently than ever. They say they can't find anything wrong with my car. It won't start!!

My Crown Jewel!
By stimp

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I cant say enough good things about this jeep. I have a fully loaded with 5.7L Hemi. Black with a factory upgraded chrome rim. I truly feel this product rivals anything from the luxury brands. I bought it used with 36k miles for $25k. Now it has 65k. I replaced the battery thats it. My payment is $368 a month and people act like im rich to be driving it. My wife drives it more than I and gets way too much attention. It turns heads everywhere we go, but im blown away by the interior cabin comfort and feel and how it handles. its like a sports car. My wife and I agree we are going to pay it off and keep it until I give it to my nephew. He is only 8 now so I will have it a while.

Favorite Features

everything interior. its very comfortable and spacious and everything feels right. its like they designed by asking me where i wanted things to be.

Suggested Improvements

none that i can say now. im sure i will find some issues getting up to 200k miles. but the repair will be less than a new vehicle and I will still have a bomb ride.

Never again!
By bluefishblitz

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2007 Grand Cherokee last April with only 54K miles on it. Within 6K miles the rear differential went and I had to have the rear axel replaced at the cost of $2K. Then a module went for my tranny to the tune of $1300. Then the battery recently went and I'm having issues with my dashboard lights constantly flashing. My mechanic is at his wits end with the flashing so if anyone has had this happen and they know what caused it please post the solution. I have owned Jeeps before but I will never buy one again. I am going back to owning a Toyota.

Favorite Features

Not much.

Suggested Improvements

Better ride, more comfortable seats. Better gas mileage (>14mi/gallon). More reliable.

New to Jeep
By jinx1928

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo Rocky Mountain edition. It is a certified one-owner car with only 17,500 miles on it, so it is virtually still a new vehicle. Interior and exterior are almost pristine, with little sign of wear. The only complaint I have is, that the alloy wheels have some scratches on them, but I will try to buff them out. Car feels and drives like new. It has a sliding moonroof, and the premium Boston stereo system. No bluetooth, unfortunately, but I can use a bluetooth earpiece. I had considered a Ford Escape, but this Jeep is a good deal bigger and rides much better.

Favorite Features

Automated 4-wheel drive system; Boston stereo system; moonroof; very comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better, but for its class,it is acceptable.