2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Stalling
By bigbearmo on 03/25/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have a strange problem with it, it occasionally stalls (engine shuts off) when coming to a full stop, it's a 2007 GC Laredo with 4000 Miles on it. Took it to the dealership twice and they could not find anything wrong.

Love love LOVE my JGC!
By kkgirl on 03/21/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, a 2007 that we just bought new in 3/08. These are great vehicles. If you can do it, I highly recommend the Limiteds. They are luxurious but sporty. I'm admittedly a gadget girl, so I love the little features--stereo controls behind the steering wheel, power memory seats and mirrors, leather interior, etc. The V8 drives like a dream, smooth but very quick. It is so fun to drive. Design is classic. A much "cooler" choice for this soccer mom than other options!

Love it, love it, love it!!!
By LOVE IT! on 03/20/08 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. I have no problems with acceleration. This has been the most fun driving I have had in a while. My first SUV and I am hooked. Love the look, love the ride! My favorite vehicle thus far. One thing, my back seats rattle. Not sure why, but I am having it looked at soon. No biggie though.

new jeeps are junk
By b-rad on 03/15/08 08:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

this is not my first jeep. but after purchasing my 2007 jeep grand Cherokee I have one problem after another. now my latest one is that the drivers door frame is poorly built, the metal that was use in the manufacturing of the door frame is very very weak! so weak that after 8 months of opening and closing the door,the metal where the hinge mounted bent one day just enough to allow the door caught the fender now the dealer tells me that they won't fix the problem. so I have a $30,000 vehicle with a bent door and fender! list of problems, speakers blown, windows won't roll up tire rub when turning, leaking trans, trans slipping, and the list goes on...

Special Order WK
By Scout99 on 03/02/08 06:11 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the GC primarily due to availability. Ordered in Korea and delivered in Germany. We have come to really like the GC...it really grows on you. I am very happy with the Quadra-Trac II which was a major selling point, along with the GVW (safety). We have the 4.7L E85 option but really wanted the CRD...it was unavailable at the time. Have not run it on ethanol yet but do know I get much better mileage using premium gas. It handles well on the Autobahn but definitely needs better rain tires. The ride height and shape proves to be a real nuisance with gusting cross-winds as I've recently found out. All in all we are satisfied with our purchase.

Jeeps are Under rated
By New Jeep Guy ROBB OR on 01/31/08 13:38 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was scared to even drive one after some of these reviews but I did and bought one used. Wow, coming from a Rover family this is a super vehicle! Ride, comfort, durability, size, looks are all there. Gas mileage could be better. My wife is buying a 2008 Liberty Limited cause she loves these after driving mine!

Consider something else
By Kirill on 01/23/08 07:44 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I come from all-Japanese car background (our second family car is Honda Accord). My JGC was leased because of the terrific deal, and this is the only good thing about the Jeep ownership. I will gladly join other mad reviewers about the sluggishness of the transmission: it often "refuses" to shift gear for 4-5 seconds, unless I press the accel. pedal all the way to the floor. What a joke?! My other complaints: predatory gas consumption, weak engine for the weight of the body, cheap interior appointments, skimpy storage volume in the hatch (my friend's Honda CR-V, which is a compact SUV, can fit more items in its hatch), dull doors that spring back after opening, unless one sticks out a foot.

Glad I got it
By vince on 01/23/08 05:33 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wanted the Hemi after having 2 other JGC (last was a 94). We drive 250 mi to WV from DC every month and my wife won't take her FX35 anymore because of the comfortable ride and Sat radio. Really like the accel on US81 and gas isn't too bad on cruise. Really like the remote start, Sirius, auto dim, blue tooth and pedal adjust. Hard to use the backup camera as it is offset to the left of center. FX has lines on- screen to guide into parking. Great interior improvement over previous JGC. Very little tire noise at speed.

Our Third Grand Cherokee could be better
By Bear on 12/31/07 09:18 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Jeep 4X4 Grand Cherokee We both love the car but theres room for improvement. The Seats sit to high for me I'm 6'1 my head touches the roof with the seat all the way down. Interior is not as good as the 1999. The 1999 Had a much better interior a less plastic feel. The 1999 felt like you were in a sports car. The 99 got 17 MPG all the time and It was the bigger 5.7 V8. So far with the 4.7 V8 and 4,000 miles on this one we are getting only 13.7 adverage MPG the it does offer flex fuel but none is avaliable here in Texas so it's a useless add. I miss our older better mileage more powerful Jeep. But I still love the Grand Cherokee's

Do Not Waste Your Money!!
By Thomas on 12/28/07 19:33 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I hate to express negative reviews on products cause its dissapointing but I Bought this vehicle & loved it for about 4 weeks. Then it was one problem after another! Sensors Going Mad, Transmission got sluggish & slow 2 react.Not 2 say scared since the TV News Report on how dangerous these vehicles are considering the transmissions have taken off on several buyers!!Read all the reviews on the new Jeep styles since 2005 before you spend your money!! You will see they are Horrible.I got so irritated w/ spending so much time in a Servive Dept that I got all my money back & bought a new Honda Accord & I Love It! I learned one thing.. Read Consumer Reviews

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.