Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Never again
By Paul

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep based on the fact that I see them everywhere and liked the looks of them (and the lease was attractive). I used to drive a 1996 Grand Marquis with 210K miles on it and this thing made me miss that car. Windows didn't work right, moon roof never operated correctly (they didn't open or close correctly). The heat was horrible - either sweltering or freezing, no control. Seats were brutal. And to top it off, I opted for the v6 for "economic" reasons and settled for 15 mpg. A joke. Go for a Chevy or Toyota.

27 month lease

too many to list

Electronic Problems
By Eric

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

3 Times to the dealer for electronic problems. Front windows would roll up and make a loud clunk, limit switch/motors needed to be replaced. Heated seat stopped working, dealer fixed by replacing part. Current problem is rear left taillight stops working intermittently. Car has low mileage and is not exposed to bad weather, anyone else having these problems?

good looks poor performance
By lou

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this suv with 20,000 miles and that's when the problems started the biggest problem is sometimes when the traffic light changes from red to green and I try to accelerate it wont go it needs 3-5 sec's to finally go, very poorly designed interior very BASIC (like a car from the 80's) no options, seats also stained very easily. Don't like the gas guzzling all wheel drive all the time I would Rather have the shifting option, sadly based on dealership customer service and Chrysler products this is the last Jeep I'll own.

exterior design, fog lamps

4 wheel drive and 2 wheel drive shifting optional, very poor gas mileage,

KEEP AWAY
By Brian

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Keep away from the JGC. I had a 2004 JGC and loved it. replaced for new model in 2007. After I bought this SUV I had horrible noise coming from outside after 30mph. Had to take in 3 times for them to redo weather stripping because it was not fastened at factory. Horrible blind spots. Cheap plastic interior. Auto windows don't work when it rains and Chrylser wont fix it under warranty? Cloth seats stain when water gets on them. This has been a known problem since 2005 but Chrysler won't fix. No leg room in back seats. Horrible gas milage for a V6. This 2005 and up model is a huge let down compared to the 1999-2004 model. No wonder Chrysler went under

Holds up good in an accident. I rear ended some guy (it was his fault actually...lol) and his car was smashed and my JGC only has a minor dent on bumper.

Needs more interior room especially in back seats. Better sight lines because this SUV has the worst blind spots Ive ever seen. New cloth interior to avoid water and sweat stains. Better gas mileage (I get 12 city and 19 hwy). Better customer service. Needs better overall quality and construction.

Battery Problems
By S Fryer

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am pleased with this vehicle. BUT I am about to put a third new battery in. First one dealer claimed sun roof was drawing power, second - no explanation, but there was no water in battery (one week after general service) - going in for service again tomorrow - one month after second battery replacement. Good thing this is a leased vehicle and can be returned!

Driveability in snow & ice conditions