Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Big Jeep Fan
By Garry

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Jeep. I like the upgrades of the 07 from the 04 I had. I put a lot of miles on it and tow my boat all over the state and eastern part of the country. The Jeep handles it great. Also - never an issue when driving in winter weather.

Towing capacity, Exterior looks, driving comfort

Need to figure out how to make rear seats more roomy

Death around the corner
By Denise

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Jeep fan for for years. I own a 1996 Cherokee Sport with over 100,000 miles that will still get up and go without hesitation. But driving my 2007 Laredo, stalling out, hesitating and poor acceleration is nothing more then a death trap waiting to happen. At 45mph it stalled out again, with traffic behind me. I hit my hazard lights and tried to pull over to the side while pressing the gas pedal to the floor. Then as suddenly as it hesitated, it excellerated!! Driving this car keeps me on pins and needles. Every time I leave my drive way, I think will this be the time, Death meets me around the corner? There needs to be a recall now!

Color, CD Player

Recall Now!!

No problems
By sdc

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used with the 4.7L V8 and 24K miles and have had no problems. It has power to pass traffic with no problems. We just had it on a trip and it performed wonderfully in foul weather. This is a true Jeep.

V8 and low range transmission, plenty of room.

Better sound/navigation systems, but I believe new models have addressed this.

Never again
By Paul

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep based on the fact that I see them everywhere and liked the looks of them (and the lease was attractive). I used to drive a 1996 Grand Marquis with 210K miles on it and this thing made me miss that car. Windows didn't work right, moon roof never operated correctly (they didn't open or close correctly). The heat was horrible - either sweltering or freezing, no control. Seats were brutal. And to top it off, I opted for the v6 for "economic" reasons and settled for 15 mpg. A joke. Go for a Chevy or Toyota.

27 month lease

too many to list

Electronic Problems
By Eric

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

3 Times to the dealer for electronic problems. Front windows would roll up and make a loud clunk, limit switch/motors needed to be replaced. Heated seat stopped working, dealer fixed by replacing part. Current problem is rear left taillight stops working intermittently. Car has low mileage and is not exposed to bad weather, anyone else having these problems?