2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Ruined on Mopar products
By loveanicecar on 04/05/08 05:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Drive it for a week prior to purchasing, you will change your mind if coming from a GM vehicle. This is the second Chrysler product I have owned and the second I have been unhappy with. For the 2nd time since 08/07 I have had 'gear shifter' problems and is in the shop to have it replaced again. Unlike GM dealerships and their catering to customers while their vehicle is in for service I was handed a lowest of the line Jeep Patriot as a loaner. Just goes to show how much Jeep appreciates their customers. I will NEVER purchase another Chrysler product once I get rid of this one. From GM to Chrysler is like going from luxury to ghetto in my opinion.

Love my Jeep
By Carolinamama on 04/02/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Grand Cherokee. I owned a 2002 before this and I am a loyal Jeep customer. I love the way it drives and rides. It is very comfortable for long trips on the highway and short ones in town. I love the way it looks on the outside and inside. The only issues I have with it is that there is a little tire rubbing when I crank the wheel all the way right (doesn't happen when I turn left) and that the transmission seems to struggle for a couple of minutes on a cold morning. Also the gas mileage could be better but what do you expect for a large SUV. I get about 15 miles to the gallon in town and about 22 on the highway. Not too bad I guess

Ouch.. the seat hurts and the door lock.
By PittsburghRich on 03/31/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Two big design flaws. The drivers seat is poorly designed and too narrow. Seat is too hard and rubs my right side. I'm 6'3'', 215 pounds, very uncomfortable. Also, door lock not recessed. Continually hitting my funny bone on door lock. Otherwise car is great.

Love my jeep hemi
By hemi on 03/28/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd jeep. 1992 Jeep Laredo, 1997 Jeep v-8, and 2007 jeep hemi. I loved them all and they all were great vehicles to drive. i love the 4 x 4 system. In Michigan we get big snow and that's when i have the most fun.

An Amazing, Wonderful Adventure!
By Jim on 03/28/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought the Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel! Second choice over 09 Murano. WOW the moment I test drove it, I loved it! It drives, handles like a luxury sedan! 4WD makes corning a breeze! No leaning/siding like most other SUVs. I feel safe,secure! I noticed people admiring the body style from other mid size SUV owners! Lotsa of interior room. 5'9", large frame,feel very comfortable, wide spaces to stretch! I feel no vibrations, gas mileage terrific with average fwy/street driving at about 22.8 to 23.1 per gallon with diesel. Its heaven!

Stalling
By bigbearmo on 03/25/08 12:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have a strange problem with it, it occasionally stalls (engine shuts off) when coming to a full stop, it's a 2007 GC Laredo with 4000 Miles on it. Took it to the dealership twice and they could not find anything wrong.

Love love LOVE my JGC!
By kkgirl on 03/21/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, a 2007 that we just bought new in 3/08. These are great vehicles. If you can do it, I highly recommend the Limiteds. They are luxurious but sporty. I'm admittedly a gadget girl, so I love the little features--stereo controls behind the steering wheel, power memory seats and mirrors, leather interior, etc. The V8 drives like a dream, smooth but very quick. It is so fun to drive. Design is classic. A much "cooler" choice for this soccer mom than other options!

Love it, love it, love it!!!
By LOVE IT! on 03/20/08 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. I have no problems with acceleration. This has been the most fun driving I have had in a while. My first SUV and I am hooked. Love the look, love the ride! My favorite vehicle thus far. One thing, my back seats rattle. Not sure why, but I am having it looked at soon. No biggie though.

new jeeps are junk
By b-rad on 03/15/08 08:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

this is not my first jeep. but after purchasing my 2007 jeep grand Cherokee I have one problem after another. now my latest one is that the drivers door frame is poorly built, the metal that was use in the manufacturing of the door frame is very very weak! so weak that after 8 months of opening and closing the door,the metal where the hinge mounted bent one day just enough to allow the door caught the fender now the dealer tells me that they won't fix the problem. so I have a $30,000 vehicle with a bent door and fender! list of problems, speakers blown, windows won't roll up tire rub when turning, leaking trans, trans slipping, and the list goes on...

Special Order WK
By Scout99 on 03/02/08 06:11 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the GC primarily due to availability. Ordered in Korea and delivered in Germany. We have come to really like the GC...it really grows on you. I am very happy with the Quadra-Trac II which was a major selling point, along with the GVW (safety). We have the 4.7L E85 option but really wanted the CRD...it was unavailable at the time. Have not run it on ethanol yet but do know I get much better mileage using premium gas. It handles well on the Autobahn but definitely needs better rain tires. The ride height and shape proves to be a real nuisance with gusting cross-winds as I've recently found out. All in all we are satisfied with our purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.