Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

No Problems
By Frank from L.I.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd GC. Had a '97 and '04, all leased brand new, and had no problems with any of them. Can't understand why so many people state these SUV's are terrible. This one by far rides and handles the best, although I liked the styling of the '97 the best. Serviced at dealer all the time, no issues. The '07 is the Red Rock Chrystal color, changes in different light, and gets many compliments. Currently has 41,000 miles on it with no issues at all. Could be a keeper, but that will depend on the new GC coming out this spring.

Love the Hemi. Great sound. Yes, it's not great on gas, especially around town, but gets 20 mpg on highway when driven easy. Unbelievable acceleration, puts you back in the seat. Like the auto high beam headlights, quality of paint, tenacity in the snow, and easy to live with dash layout.

Wish mpg was better, but this is a 330 hp V8, so give it a break! Needs more legroom in back, and the outward vision all around is compromised by the high belt line that's becoming so common in today's newer vehicles. I guess designers feel we don't need to see out of the car anymore.

someone is going to be seriously injured
By spiker69

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this jeep with only 12,000 km on it,after owning a 1999 jeep cherokee sport before this one I didn't think that I would regret making this purchase.This vehicle has a mind of its own and decides itself when it wants to accelerate and when it doesn't, I don't want to take any chances when pulling onto a major highway as I never know if it is going to go or not!After seeing all the reviews of people with the same problems I'm wondering how seriously someone is going to have to be injured before Chrysler recalls!I bought this vehicle because I have a family but I don't want to even take my son in it! This jeep has turned me off chrysler products definitely look elsewhere for reliability

cd player, headlights are very bright

some serious electrical issues need to be resolved.

4WD Hemi Heaven
By 4wd heaven

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you thought that USA was out of the auto race you are wrong. This is one classy vehicle. A solid, well built true 4WD Jeep that includes every option known to man. Plenty of room inside, nicely arranged for maximum comfort. Wilt Chamberlain will not be comfortable in the back seat, leg room is tight for tall folks. Put him in the front, and turn on the heated seats. He will be happy. The Hemi will impress you with it's power. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Seats as comfortable as your recliner, but with bun heaters(lower back, too.) Lumbar support. Heated mirrors. Parking sensor, sunroof, driver info center is great. Steering wheel audio controls. Nice layout CRT engine is great(goes from 4-6-8 cylinders for improved mileage)

Auto pilot Better gas milage ( but with a 4 wheel drive luxury land yacht, who cares?)

Sad to see her go...
By hoyagator

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this car as a fleet vehicle and now must trade her in for a Buick sedan. I'll miss this car. Never had any mechanical problems though she was a bit of a gas guzzler. Perfect sized SUV and a bit more refined than others on the road. Much quieter and comfortable than my previous 2004. Great for road trips and hauling stuff from home Depot

The size of this SUV is perfect. Small enough for the city and big enough for road trips, baby seats/stroller, and trips to home depot. I feel very safe driving this SUV and it provides great visibility on the road.

gas mileage wasn't great.

Big Jeep Fan
By Garry

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Jeep. I like the upgrades of the 07 from the 04 I had. I put a lot of miles on it and tow my boat all over the state and eastern part of the country. The Jeep handles it great. Also - never an issue when driving in winter weather.

Towing capacity, Exterior looks, driving comfort

Need to figure out how to make rear seats more roomy