Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

4WD Hemi Heaven
By 4wd heaven

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you thought that USA was out of the auto race you are wrong. This is one classy vehicle. A solid, well built true 4WD Jeep that includes every option known to man. Plenty of room inside, nicely arranged for maximum comfort. Wilt Chamberlain will not be comfortable in the back seat, leg room is tight for tall folks. Put him in the front, and turn on the heated seats. He will be happy. The Hemi will impress you with it's power. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Seats as comfortable as your recliner, but with bun heaters(lower back, too.) Lumbar support. Heated mirrors. Parking sensor, sunroof, driver info center is great. Steering wheel audio controls. Nice layout CRT engine is great(goes from 4-6-8 cylinders for improved mileage)

Suggested Improvements

Auto pilot Better gas milage ( but with a 4 wheel drive luxury land yacht, who cares?)

Sad to see her go...
By hoyagator

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this car as a fleet vehicle and now must trade her in for a Buick sedan. I'll miss this car. Never had any mechanical problems though she was a bit of a gas guzzler. Perfect sized SUV and a bit more refined than others on the road. Much quieter and comfortable than my previous 2004. Great for road trips and hauling stuff from home Depot

Favorite Features

The size of this SUV is perfect. Small enough for the city and big enough for road trips, baby seats/stroller, and trips to home depot. I feel very safe driving this SUV and it provides great visibility on the road.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage wasn't great.

Big Jeep Fan
By Garry

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Jeep. I like the upgrades of the 07 from the 04 I had. I put a lot of miles on it and tow my boat all over the state and eastern part of the country. The Jeep handles it great. Also - never an issue when driving in winter weather.

Favorite Features

Towing capacity, Exterior looks, driving comfort

Suggested Improvements

Need to figure out how to make rear seats more roomy

Death around the corner
By Denise

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Jeep fan for for years. I own a 1996 Cherokee Sport with over 100,000 miles that will still get up and go without hesitation. But driving my 2007 Laredo, stalling out, hesitating and poor acceleration is nothing more then a death trap waiting to happen. At 45mph it stalled out again, with traffic behind me. I hit my hazard lights and tried to pull over to the side while pressing the gas pedal to the floor. Then as suddenly as it hesitated, it excellerated!! Driving this car keeps me on pins and needles. Every time I leave my drive way, I think will this be the time, Death meets me around the corner? There needs to be a recall now!

Favorite Features

Color, CD Player

Suggested Improvements

Recall Now!!

No problems
By sdc

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used with the 4.7L V8 and 24K miles and have had no problems. It has power to pass traffic with no problems. We just had it on a trip and it performed wonderfully in foul weather. This is a true Jeep.

Favorite Features

V8 and low range transmission, plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound/navigation systems, but I believe new models have addressed this.