Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2006-07 NAV system is garbage
By paul brenner

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a used Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited- under warranty, and the DVD nav system is pretty poor. the maps loaded up from factory doesn't show neighborhoods that have been in use since the 80's, new roads since the 80's, etc. The Dealer update DVD -$200 doesn't guarantee the date of the maps either. The Ebay version - watch out! IF they're selling the original OEM, it still doesn't help. I have the SUV under warranty and the maps are not covered! I can't warn you enough about how poor Chrysler/Jeep did with this arrangement - customer is always cheated -no complete maps when new, $200 update has no guarantees! My $80 Tom Tom surpasses this junk system.

proven wheelbase. if the NAV Support/Downloads were better, I'd really enjoy this SUV.

Update all maps before end of warranty. Make CURRENT maps downloadable from web site - either mopar or ?

Great Driving Experience
By Joe

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Far and away the most enjoyable and useful car to drive that I have had. (I've had many) Very smooth, quiet and maneuverable, and sure footed; perfect for the Western N.Y. snow belt in which I reside. I did have a vibration in the drive train which was remedied under warranty by replacing the front drive shaft The dealership was very obliging and helpful. Got over 20 MPG on a recent 8500 mile road trip road around the country. While other reviewers have expressed some negative comments about their Grand Cherokee my experience has been entirely positive.

Smooth, quiet performance with good gas mileage on the road. Very comfortable front seats. Made for hard work. Excellent sound system.

No real complaints

Flex Fuel Problems
By Mammabird

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had our Jeep in for service 3 times before the first payment is due. The Evap. System has been replaced. The check engine light hasn't gone on since but it seems as soon as we fill with E85 the gas mileage (not great to begin with) plummets to 14 miles per gallon. we expected a "slight change" but not a 5 mile per gal difference.

I love Jeeps. This one has the best ride of all of them I have been in.

The dealership/service department doesn't seem to know enough about the FlexFuel to answer our questions.

Love love LOVE my JGC!
By kkgirl

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, a 2007 that we just bought new in 3/08. These are great vehicles. If you can do it, I highly recommend the Limiteds. They are luxurious but sporty. I'm admittedly a gadget girl, so I love the little features--stereo controls behind the steering wheel, power memory seats and mirrors, leather interior, etc. The V8 drives like a dream, smooth but very quick. It is so fun to drive. Design is classic. A much "cooler" choice for this soccer mom than other options!

Sirius, two tone high end leather seats, 60/40 second row seating

Fuel economy of course, better upgraded wheels on the Limited Pkg. The $890 "chrome clad" wheels were chrome dipped plastic."Chrome" was flaking off immediately. After paying for them in the Ltd. pkg., I had them put the stock wheels back on.

Hemi is great
By NRJYZD1

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excelent ridability and features. Comfortable with a very nice interior. I like the new dash and placement of the controls. Very well though out vehicle. A bit too much plastic on the exterior, but I will address later.

NAV System and Uconnect. Now anyone that has a cell phone can utilize a OnStar system without anopther phone number. This system allows you to use an existing cell phone through Bluetooth interface and drive hands free. It is part of the audio system. I love its convenience.

I am really upset about the chrome "clad" rims. This means a plastic hub cap over the aluminum rims, Not polished aluminum as I expected. $800 for plastic hub caps is a rip off!