2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
New to Jeep
By jinx1928 on 09/04/14 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo Rocky Mountain edition. It is a certified one-owner car with only 17,500 miles on it, so it is virtually still a new vehicle. Interior and exterior are almost pristine, with little sign of wear. The only complaint I have is, that the alloy wheels have some scratches on them, but I will try to buff them out. Car feels and drives like new. It has a sliding moonroof, and the premium Boston stereo system. No bluetooth, unfortunately, but I can use a bluetooth earpiece. I had considered a Ford Escape, but this Jeep is a good deal bigger and rides much better.

Not what I expected
By bigt10 on 02/08/14 22:34 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Wife and I purchased this jeep in Jan 2011 to replace a 2 seat ford ranger with a 4 x 4 family car. there have been issues with driver side window, alternator,water pump, low tire pressure sensors, and nothing is a cheap fix. the center brake light is about 80 dollars unless you get lucky and find it on ebay, it requires a $100 wire harness to put in an aftermarket stereo, mine did not have a luggage rack and they are hundreds of dollars to add. Some times it just goes out of gear when driving...kinda scary. Now the lights that light up the A/c controls are have burned out and they are soldered to a computer chip board and to replace them you have to purchase a new board. Be weary of thiscar

Never again!
By bluefishblitz on 01/31/14 15:18 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2007 Grand Cherokee last April with only 54K miles on it. Within 6K miles the rear differential went and I had to have the rear axel replaced at the cost of $2K. Then a module went for my tranny to the tune of $1300. Then the battery recently went and I'm having issues with my dashboard lights constantly flashing. My mechanic is at his wits end with the flashing so if anyone has had this happen and they know what caused it please post the solution. I have owned Jeeps before but I will never buy one again. I am going back to owning a Toyota.

2007 JEEP GRAND CHERKEE - Love it!
By disgustedagain on 08/08/13 09:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We Purchased the 2007 JEEP Grand Cherokee used with 41,000 miles on it. Now has 75,000 Miles on it. We have had a few warrenty issues with bad differencial gaskets, and leaky transmission hose. Starter - All Covered - No cost to us. We have done nothing but preventive regular maintenence you have to do with any car. Gas, Tires, Oil, Transmission check at 70,000 --Drain, Flush, All OK. We have rough Winters here in Minnesota, and this is the vehical to own. Goes through 2ft or more like it is not there. Very stable ride, smooth, quiet, sits up nice. I was so happy with this one, I bought another JEEP Grand Cherokee 2998 Limited, Love that too!

A wonderful vehicle - Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
By jonnieb57 on 04/19/13 02:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am completely satisfied with my Jeep. I can understand the frustrations of those who have had problems, but I cannot complain at all. I bought the car used with about 35k miles in 2011. I have never had to do anything to it not in the maintenance schedule (which I have followed). The car has 57k today. I find all seating positions comfortable. The controls in my Overland are wonderfully placed. I feel on par with any of the luxury SUVs, other than perhaps the quality of aworkmanship for some of the fitting of parts, etc, when I get really picky. But the price more than makes up for this. It drives a bit like a bit sports car if you trust it. Note:I drive a 3.0L diesel in Germany.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
By teem86 on 12/08/12 12:59 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep in 2011. The vehicle overall has been given fantastic reviews and to drive and own one is best, however I have been having this one issue. It randomly bucks and the jeep loses power steering, no acceleration and the oil light comes on. Sometimes it can keep running if the gas is slammed on other times it can be restated immediately after it stalls. This issue happened shortly before I got the transmission cooler lines fixed after months of leaking. The jeep also had the Ignition switch replaced twice; once in '10 and then once '12. B2185 & P0884 show up when the computer is scanned. There hasn't been a fix to it yet and it's scary to drive because it's bucked on the highway.

My Crown Jewel!
By stimp on 07/21/12 22:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I cant say enough good things about this jeep. I have a fully loaded with 5.7L Hemi. Black with a factory upgraded chrome rim. I truly feel this product rivals anything from the luxury brands. I bought it used with 36k miles for $25k. Now it has 65k. I replaced the battery thats it. My payment is $368 a month and people act like im rich to be driving it. My wife drives it more than I and gets way too much attention. It turns heads everywhere we go, but im blown away by the interior cabin comfort and feel and how it handles. its like a sports car. My wife and I agree we are going to pay it off and keep it until I give it to my nephew. He is only 8 now so I will have it a while.

Excellent Ride - Envy of neighborhood
By alexcooke on 06/08/12 06:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem I have had is I had to replace the starter at 40,000 miles. Vehicle looks and is tough.

Love my 07 larado
By kilikachris on 04/02/12 15:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

bought this on a trade in from a 04 sable LOVE IT :) i grew up around jeeps dad has always owned one figured what the hell 77,000 miles on it havent had a problem even if there was its all easy to fix :) it's my daily driver.... i dont see how half of you complain about this jeep i'm starting to think it's the driver more then the jeep sorry my opinion

hate this car2007 jeep gran cherokee
By amaysinone2 on 01/23/12 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

worst car every. nothing but troubles.stops running when it chooses to. almost got killed when it stoped running on the freeway. shift module needs to be replaced ,car has 44,000 on it. i will never, ever buy another chrysler veh. they need to have a recall on this. i guess we will have to get the state in it or some good lawyers.chrysler wont admit its a problem,and they wont help anyone with this. thats why they will always be no.3 this has been a nightmare,im afraid to drive it,never know when it will decide to stop or go. all the money i put out for this car and it sits in the driveway. come on guys STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF THIS.after all we bailed you out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.