2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )
3 years later
By luvjeepsrt on 05/06/11 13:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased new early '08 with every option. My 3 year check in-54k miles. 7 brake jobs, odd considering it was 90% highway driving....27 incidents of check engine light coming on-2 pcm's replaced, 2 exhaust manifold gaskets, various cracked pieces of plastic broken while at the dealer while being repaired that will cost a fortune to replace (dealer of course denies). Never driven it rough, never had an accident. Dealer experiences hit and miss, most see unable to address SRT issues and how to fix properly.

Dream Comes True
By Turbo on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Finally purchased my Dream Machine with help from Employer. Traded my company H3 and paid the difference myself to enable me to have a SRT-8 Company Car! Well its amazing, and probably the cheapest way to get 420 BHP in a 4x4. Amazed, it Torque steers to the right when you give it some, is this standard? It has an upgraded Exhaust and intake but unsure if this changes its performance much from stock. Radio is Boring but sounds good, who cares, No Spare, who cares. A true buy from the heart rather than the head purchase and I am so hooked I am looking for a nice Harley V-Rod to keep it company. I am a British Ex-Pat living in Dubai and Living my life, So fuel is not a Problem. BUY ONE

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
By Jacques Guertin on 04/17/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

In spite of a few reliability issues (e.g., occasional erratic A/C and occasional erratic power), this car is built like a tank and accelerates 0 to 60 in about 4.8 s! For a 5,000 lb SUV for less than $50k, this is fantastic. It also handles well and is less prone to roll over than many other SUVs. And, it looks good too. I would not hesitate buying another.

It's been a year of ownership
By D.Brisson on 05/12/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

See my earlier review here, still a fun vehicle but has its problems. Still very fast and have caught a few very quick cars off guard. Transmission planetary spacer destroyed itself from the factory install resulting in damaged transmission and torque converter. Dealer service spotty at best. Took 2 tries to finally find a Jeep dealer that allowed for confidence, Century in Mt Airy MD. Brakes wear fast and replacements are 3 times that of a typical brake job. Parts for rotors and brakes alone online are $650. replacement brakes are better than the stock units, less dust and squeal. Interior very plasticky in its build it will grow on you. Several Electrical Tech service bulletins

Problematic SRT
By Garbage SRT on 12/29/07 09:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

All I can say is that this Jeep is not what I thought it to be. First off, when you punch the gas, the Jeep has this big delay and hesitation. Then it will take off, by that time the other guy is at least 3 car lengths a head of you. I just don't get it. This truck is to have 420 pony's. But it feels like it has half that. Its said to say this but Jeep needs to re-think things a little. I still have my 01 X5 4.4i. And I had my buddy race me with it, sure enough my old X5 beat me by a car length. I'm tellin you, they just don't build them like they used too. Even BMW has changed there stuff. I'm getting rid of this truck and picking up a Porsche Pepper. That turbo S is sick.

Awesome SRT8 Grand Cherokee
By Terry on 09/18/07 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is the top performance SUV in the world with acceleration, speed, braking, and handling that must be experienced to be believed. Despite that you are surrounded by a luxurious environment with every feature and comfort you could want. When I'm relaxing I must drive with the cruise control or I am going 100+ and not even know it until you notice you are blowing by other cars or you glance at the speedo. My mileage is 14.66 mpg but I never drive less than 85. If you appreciate precision and amazing performance but still need to do the family stuff this is the one for you. You will not be disappointed. I never thought I would own a Chrysler product, I'm really glad I was wrong.

Jeep SRT8 Incredible Performance!
By Brett on 04/05/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Grande Cherokee SRT- 8 two weeks ago and haven't stopped grinning since. The engine note and power is incredible. The seats are really comfortable and really hold you in place. The exterior styling is just right. I also have a BMW X5 4.8is and haven't started it since I bought my Jeep Grande Cherokee SRT-8. This vehicle is a screaming bargain.

My wife is now the coolest soccer mom!
By Bob on 02/13/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Bought almost new (4300 miles) and my wife and I love it! Traded in a 2003 Suburban Z71 and not looking back. Same fuel economy, no third row (we didn't need it), but the SRT8 is easier to park and way more fun to drive. My wife was considering the BMW X5 and the Lexus RX350, but she always had a soft spot for the older Grand Cherokees. I pointed out the SRT8 had better seats and better performance than the X5 (she's an aggressive driver for a girl :) and she didn't believe me. One test drive and she was hooked. I wasn't looking forward to driving a minivanish Lexus or even the more performance Bimmer (and I own a 540i.) But this is truly a vehicle that both of us love driving!

SRT* Cherokee
By D.Brisson on 01/07/07 18:33 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Sold an Escalade for this SUV. Superfast, Car and driver reviews say 13.40 in the 1/4. Sounds great, spotty build quality with paint and plastic. Great performance, great handling rides like a performance car should, not for the person who wants to ride on an air cushion. Gets a lot of attention at lights and parking lots. Stops on a dime with the huge brakes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.