Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Absolute Worst Vehicle and Overall Experience EVER!
By xyz33

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a "pristine" 2007 Jeep GC (5.7 Hemi) used with about 35k miles less than a year ago. The vehicle has spent more time at the dealership service center than on the road. It stalls in motion and at stops without warning, causing power steering and brakes to go out. I've taken the Jeep to two different dealerships a total of 6 times now and the stalling is worse than ever. I have also filed complaints with Chrysler and NHTSA, with no recourse (neither have even contacted me back). This is the most dangerous and unreliable vehicle on the road. With thousands of other people experiencing the same stalling issue, I guess it will take someone's death before anyone takes action.

None. Sits in the shop most of the time, so it very rarely gets driven.

The entire powertrain and electrical systems needs to be re-engineered. The vehicle is full of little mechanical and electrical gremlins that even qualified Jeep mechanics can't figure out the problem. Having owned other Jeeps in the past that were great vehicles, this shows Chrysler's move to mass produce the most unsafe and unreliable vehicles on the road. Rather than throwing them billions of our tax dollars, we should have let these crooks go out of business.

Jeeps going the way of Chrysler
By Fyffe7

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving Jeeps for 20 years. My last Jeep was a 1998 Grande Cherokee with the V8. It was my dream car. It was time to get a new Jeep. Wrong! Had the new Jeep for one day. Returned it. The new Jeep canít touch the 1998 except for the Hemi. Where to start. Windows are smaller. Interior is plastic junk for the 35,000-40,000 you are paying. Parking brake needs to be in the driver foot well but it canít because the foot well canít even fit my 2 feet. No rest pad for left foot in foot well. If the jeep had the interior of the Chrysler 300 I would have bought one. Whishing there was a brand new 1998 GC on the lot with a Hemi. Bought a Ford Sport Trac instead

Hemi, back up camera

Check out the interior of the chrysler 300 to see how nice the Jeep interior should look.

Always Wanted an Overland
By blankster

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Jeep; the prior ones were a 2001 Limited and a 2004 Limited. Each time I bought one there was general improvement in features, comfort and reliability. This 2007 Overland is a huge jump over the 2004. Ride and handling are much improved. The interior seems more spacious and quieter. The new features (backup camera & remote start) are now must haves on my list. The power of the 5.7 Hemi over the previous 4.7 is very noticeable. Fuel economy is in the same range as the 4.7 (still improving as I put more miles on it). Overall a much improved and refined vehicle - less truck like than the previous generation. Looking forward to going on a long trip with this one.

Hemi power, backup camera, remote start, power fold-in mirrors and smartbeam headlamps, strong brakes. Independent front suspension really improves the ride.

Add tilt-down in the side mirrors when shifting to reverse (like my 300C). HID lights would be nice - I upgraded to Xenon bulbs - big improvement.