2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
2006-07 NAV system is garbage
By paul brenner on 04/02/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a used Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited- under warranty, and the DVD nav system is pretty poor. the maps loaded up from factory doesn't show neighborhoods that have been in use since the 80's, new roads since the 80's, etc. The Dealer update DVD -$200 doesn't guarantee the date of the maps either. The Ebay version - watch out! IF they're selling the original OEM, it still doesn't help. I have the SUV under warranty and the maps are not covered! I can't warn you enough about how poor Chrysler/Jeep did with this arrangement - customer is always cheated -no complete maps when new, $200 update has no guarantees! My $80 Tom Tom surpasses this junk system.

Great Driving Experience
By Joe on 12/06/08 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Far and away the most enjoyable and useful car to drive that I have had. (I've had many) Very smooth, quiet and maneuverable, and sure footed; perfect for the Western N.Y. snow belt in which I reside. I did have a vibration in the drive train which was remedied under warranty by replacing the front drive shaft The dealership was very obliging and helpful. Got over 20 MPG on a recent 8500 mile road trip road around the country. While other reviewers have expressed some negative comments about their Grand Cherokee my experience has been entirely positive.

Flex Fuel Problems
By Mammabird on 10/20/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had our Jeep in for service 3 times before the first payment is due. The Evap. System has been replaced. The check engine light hasn't gone on since but it seems as soon as we fill with E85 the gas mileage (not great to begin with) plummets to 14 miles per gallon. we expected a "slight change" but not a 5 mile per gal difference.

Love love LOVE my JGC!
By kkgirl on 03/21/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, a 2007 that we just bought new in 3/08. These are great vehicles. If you can do it, I highly recommend the Limiteds. They are luxurious but sporty. I'm admittedly a gadget girl, so I love the little features--stereo controls behind the steering wheel, power memory seats and mirrors, leather interior, etc. The V8 drives like a dream, smooth but very quick. It is so fun to drive. Design is classic. A much "cooler" choice for this soccer mom than other options!

Hemi is great
By NRJYZD1 on 10/27/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excelent ridability and features. Comfortable with a very nice interior. I like the new dash and placement of the controls. Very well though out vehicle. A bit too much plastic on the exterior, but I will address later.

Loyal Jeep Fan
By Bruce on 08/01/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee that my wife and I have leased. My wife leased one in 2001 and we were pleasently amazed how much the body style and ride changed in 2005 when we got another Jeep Grand Cherokee. We just traded the 2005 in for a 2007. Not a lot of changes but the ride is the same and the comfort is the same. I love the Hemi and we enjoy using the Jeep for road trips as it is very comfortable to drive and ride. Winters in Omaha are never a problem with the Jeep. It can get through most any snowfall and stick to the road easily. I never thought I would be this loyal to Jeeps in 2001 when we got our first Jeep GC Limited, but I am now and remain impressed with them.

Good but?
By Rockie on 12/28/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I loved the performance - wife did not like the transmission. Went to an Acura MDX. Now back to the Grand Cherokee - lots of vehicle for the money. Great options with the limited package. The 4.7 V8 is not as spirited as in the 2000? Watch Chrysler - newspaper cited a significant recall for the 2007 Grand Cherokee - dealer's service department did not address this recall concerning loss of electronic brake function, antilock brake system, traction control and speedometer functions. Given the dealer apathy, I doubt I would be too quick to buy another Chrysler Product.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.