Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Not what I expected
By bigt10

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Wife and I purchased this jeep in Jan 2011 to replace a 2 seat ford ranger with a 4 x 4 family car. there have been issues with driver side window, alternator,water pump, low tire pressure sensors, and nothing is a cheap fix. the center brake light is about 80 dollars unless you get lucky and find it on ebay, it requires a $100 wire harness to put in an aftermarket stereo, mine did not have a luggage rack and they are hundreds of dollars to add. Some times it just goes out of gear when driving...kinda scary. Now the lights that light up the A/c controls are have burned out and they are soldered to a computer chip board and to replace them you have to purchase a new board. Be weary of thiscar

Favorite Features

Its a jeep....easy to add accessories, most bolt on like the wrangler accessories, wish it had as many choices as the wrangler

Suggested Improvements

Maintenance is very expensive, wish the leg room for the driver was a little wider, not sure about the newest ones but the 2007 is a choice i regret, also the key is easily broken but they are easy to replace the plastic body on ebay for a pretty small cost. My remote randomly works could need to be replaced. Either way i have oned and wranger, mazda 3, and a ford ranger none of which have had the issues that this jeep has had and maybe its just that time for this vehicle

hate this car2007 jeep gran cherokee
By amaysinone2

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

worst car every. nothing but troubles.stops running when it chooses to. almost got killed when it stoped running on the freeway. shift module needs to be replaced ,car has 44,000 on it. i will never, ever buy another chrysler veh. they need to have a recall on this. i guess we will have to get the state in it or some good lawyers.chrysler wont admit its a problem,and they wont help anyone with this. thats why they will always be no.3 this has been a nightmare,im afraid to drive it,never know when it will decide to stop or go. all the money i put out for this car and it sits in the driveway. come on guys STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF THIS.after all we bailed you out.

Hoped it wouldnt be me!
By cook_415

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I read these reviews..but with most reviews, there good and bad. I bought my Jeep in May 11,in 3 weeks I started having check engine lights,it wouldnt shift or accelerate.Had it looked at a 3 different places & finally took it to the Jeep Dealership,they replaced a transmission sensor,$1600-not covered by my warranty.3 weeks after I got it back,driving down the interstate, in a.m. rush hour 65mph, when I sped up to get over & exit the interstate,the Jeep jumped so hard I thought I had hit something.It had shifted itself into 2nd while I was going 65mph. I had to pull over to get out of oncoming traffic.Now the service dept says it the 2nd gear ration & valve cover. So dangerous-Not worth it!

Favorite Features

I love my Jeep, It's an American Classic! I purchased a Laredo with all the bells and whistles. So to have to get rid of it because I cant rely on it drives me insane!

Suggested Improvements

Recall, Recall, Recall

2007 Cherokee stalling/accelerating problems
By 07jeepgrandch

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Cherokee brand new in 2006, immediately began having problems... the same as most complaints on here. My jeep would lose power, fail to accelerate over 30mph, fail to start, check engine light goes on & off, all dash lights come on & off. This began before 30,000 miles so the dealer replaced the ignition switch under warranty, that worked great for 20k+ miles but the problem began again recently. PLEASE report your issues to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. 100's if not 1,000s of people are complaining of this problem online and Chrysler needs to be held responsible for it. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/

Worst car EVERRR!!!
By heather2007

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee brand new right off of the lot so that I would not have to worry about having car troubles. This car has been nothing but troubles! First it started stalling right after I would begin driving. I took it in and they replaced the ESM module. Then one year later it began stalling again, once while I was going 70 mph on the highway! So, I took it in again... and they replaced the ESM module... Again! I filed a complaint with Chrystler and they said that if it happens again they will look into it. Well, 6 months later, my car randomly won't start and is stalling more frequently than ever. They say they can't find anything wrong with my car. It won't start!!