Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

New to Jeep
By jinx1928

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo Rocky Mountain edition. It is a certified one-owner car with only 17,500 miles on it, so it is virtually still a new vehicle. Interior and exterior are almost pristine, with little sign of wear. The only complaint I have is, that the alloy wheels have some scratches on them, but I will try to buff them out. Car feels and drives like new. It has a sliding moonroof, and the premium Boston stereo system. No bluetooth, unfortunately, but I can use a bluetooth earpiece. I had considered a Ford Escape, but this Jeep is a good deal bigger and rides much better.

Favorite Features

Automated 4-wheel drive system; Boston stereo system; moonroof; very comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better, but for its class,it is acceptable.

Not what I expected
By bigt10

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Wife and I purchased this jeep in Jan 2011 to replace a 2 seat ford ranger with a 4 x 4 family car. there have been issues with driver side window, alternator,water pump, low tire pressure sensors, and nothing is a cheap fix. the center brake light is about 80 dollars unless you get lucky and find it on ebay, it requires a $100 wire harness to put in an aftermarket stereo, mine did not have a luggage rack and they are hundreds of dollars to add. Some times it just goes out of gear when driving...kinda scary. Now the lights that light up the A/c controls are have burned out and they are soldered to a computer chip board and to replace them you have to purchase a new board. Be weary of thiscar

Favorite Features

Its a jeep....easy to add accessories, most bolt on like the wrangler accessories, wish it had as many choices as the wrangler

Suggested Improvements

Maintenance is very expensive, wish the leg room for the driver was a little wider, not sure about the newest ones but the 2007 is a choice i regret, also the key is easily broken but they are easy to replace the plastic body on ebay for a pretty small cost. My remote randomly works could need to be replaced. Either way i have oned and wranger, mazda 3, and a ford ranger none of which have had the issues that this jeep has had and maybe its just that time for this vehicle

Never again!
By bluefishblitz

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2007 Grand Cherokee last April with only 54K miles on it. Within 6K miles the rear differential went and I had to have the rear axel replaced at the cost of $2K. Then a module went for my tranny to the tune of $1300. Then the battery recently went and I'm having issues with my dashboard lights constantly flashing. My mechanic is at his wits end with the flashing so if anyone has had this happen and they know what caused it please post the solution. I have owned Jeeps before but I will never buy one again. I am going back to owning a Toyota.

Favorite Features

Not much.

Suggested Improvements

Better ride, more comfortable seats. Better gas mileage (>14mi/gallon). More reliable.

2007 JEEP GRAND CHERKEE - Love it!
By disgustedagain

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We Purchased the 2007 JEEP Grand Cherokee used with 41,000 miles on it. Now has 75,000 Miles on it. We have had a few warrenty issues with bad differencial gaskets, and leaky transmission hose. Starter - All Covered - No cost to us. We have done nothing but preventive regular maintenence you have to do with any car. Gas, Tires, Oil, Transmission check at 70,000 --Drain, Flush, All OK. We have rough Winters here in Minnesota, and this is the vehical to own. Goes through 2ft or more like it is not there. Very stable ride, smooth, quiet, sits up nice. I was so happy with this one, I bought another JEEP Grand Cherokee 2998 Limited, Love that too!

Favorite Features

Heated Leather Seats on X package. Fog Lights Luggage Rack - Carries Kayacks well Very Stable at 65-70MPH with Kayacks on Top with Malone holders. Smooth Stable ride

Suggested Improvements

Better Stock Stereo with X Package

A wonderful vehicle - Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
By jonnieb57

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am completely satisfied with my Jeep. I can understand the frustrations of those who have had problems, but I cannot complain at all. I bought the car used with about 35k miles in 2011. I have never had to do anything to it not in the maintenance schedule (which I have followed). The car has 57k today. I find all seating positions comfortable. The controls in my Overland are wonderfully placed. I feel on par with any of the luxury SUVs, other than perhaps the quality of aworkmanship for some of the fitting of parts, etc, when I get really picky. But the price more than makes up for this. It drives a bit like a bit sports car if you trust it. Note:I drive a 3.0L diesel in Germany.

Favorite Features

Great road handling both on and off-road (I do go on uneven dirt roads and completely off-road, towing trailers). The on-road gives me the impression of driving a small maneuverable car. Great visibility. Excellent controls and placement. Very comfortable seating. Trouble-free.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel consumption must be reduced, still on the newest version. The cargo area does not have enough flexibility - needs some divisions and more hooks to allow placement of smaller loads that dont slide freely around a large area (this can be taken care of with additional items, but should come this way).