2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Worthy 3 Years

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Worthy 3 Years
By Indypoint O'View on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I leased my Grand Cherokee Ltd AWD in 2006 and I haven't had any mechanical problems during my lease. The only thing I spent more than a few hundred bucks on was new tires, after 45k miles, so not bad at all. I drive 42 miles each way to work over mountains, country roads, highway and city driving and it handles great. Excellent in the snow as I live in the white Northeast. Crappy gas mileage - I average 17 combined MPG, have gotten 20 on HWY. It has an 18 gallon tank, which is smaller than other SUVs, but it's a pain to fill up every 4 days. Great for hauling, powerful engine, great stereo, comfortable, sharp looking.

Interior leather, sun/moonroof, engine power, towing ability (up to 6500lbs!), stereo system, versatility in rough weather, reliability. Never had an issue. Steering wheel controls are great. Classy looking car, I keep it clean every week, still like to look at it!

Gas mileage can improve, rear legroom should improve and they should consider rear seating for 2 more people that can fold up or down. Compared to other vehicles in this price range, would have liked more luxury options.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review