2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Worthy 3 Years

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Worthy 3 Years
By Indypoint O'View on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I leased my Grand Cherokee Ltd AWD in 2006 and I haven't had any mechanical problems during my lease. The only thing I spent more than a few hundred bucks on was new tires, after 45k miles, so not bad at all. I drive 42 miles each way to work over mountains, country roads, highway and city driving and it handles great. Excellent in the snow as I live in the white Northeast. Crappy gas mileage - I average 17 combined MPG, have gotten 20 on HWY. It has an 18 gallon tank, which is smaller than other SUVs, but it's a pain to fill up every 4 days. Great for hauling, powerful engine, great stereo, comfortable, sharp looking.

Interior leather, sun/moonroof, engine power, towing ability (up to 6500lbs!), stereo system, versatility in rough weather, reliability. Never had an issue. Steering wheel controls are great. Classy looking car, I keep it clean every week, still like to look at it!

Gas mileage can improve, rear legroom should improve and they should consider rear seating for 2 more people that can fold up or down. Compared to other vehicles in this price range, would have liked more luxury options.